Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum Discussion Thread 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 8:37 pm
Jan 9, 2014
541 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
sunchaser53 wrote: Just called and it's because my account is "locked" by them. Not sure why but they are investigating. But it's what I suspected...just like Amex Shut Down. They said they are looking into more other people's accounts. So I would safely said that if your account can not redeem but still able to collect, then it's most likely they are looking into your account... :twisted: Better not saying anything more. Because they are reading this post as we speak... :twisted:
But what is there to say?
Are they jsut looking at people with a high balance?
Did they say how long it will take to resolve?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1601 posts
105 upvotes
not sure....will take 5 to 8 business days to hear back from them. That's it.
Jan 9, 2014
541 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
sunchaser53 wrote: not sure....will take 5 to 8 business days to hear back from them. That's it.
Did you get an email saying account is locked? How will they get back to you? Email or phone Call?
Oct 5, 2016
159 posts
93 upvotes
sunchaser53 wrote: Just called and it's because my account is "locked" by them. Not sure why but they are investigating. But it's what I suspected...just like Amex Shut Down. They said they are looking into more other people's accounts. So I would safely said that if your account can not redeem but still able to collect, then it's most likely they are looking into your account... :twisted: Better not saying anything more. Because they are reading this post as we speak... :twisted:
all 4 accounts in my family are locked also, including one account with over $200, and one one over $300 worth of pts. :twisted: I'm so pissed, can't take advantage of sdm redemption promo this week.
Feb 14, 2012
155 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
linovera wrote: all 4 accounts in my family are locked also, including one account with over $200, and one one over $300 worth of pts. :twisted: I'm so pissed, can't take advantage of sdm redemption promo this week.
Sad to hear that. More DP showing that the SDM Shut Down Train has started. I guess if you want to cash out, this week is your chance.
Aug 2, 2020
4 posts
Does this in store offer stack with a 20x total spend offer on the card?
Images
  • AE8E66EB-4287-4120-96F8-D49E16B518B6.png
Jun 25, 2018
267 posts
304 upvotes
Southern N.B.
linsanity wrote: Sad to hear that. More DP showing that the SDM Shut Down Train has started. I guess if you want to cash out, this week is your chance.
DP ???. Shut Down Train ?? at a loss
thanks
Jan 9, 2014
541 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a daily limit on how many points yo can redeem?
I just redeemed 2 x 200k points for 600$ off,
then the 3rd one can't go through anymore.
Aug 27, 2010
475 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone direct me to the rewards redemption levels

Ty
Jun 25, 2018
267 posts
304 upvotes
Southern N.B.
Pharmer wrote: Is there a daily limit on how many points yo can redeem?
I just redeemed 2 x 200k points for 600$ off,
then the 3rd one can't go through anymore.
There is this. 500K per transaction.

pco.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3061 posts
1668 upvotes
Now you have found out your acct is locked when you tried to redeem, does it say anywhere when you sign in to your acct online that it is locked? I.e. can you know without trying to redeem?
Jan 9, 2014
541 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
pointers wrote: There is this. 500K per transaction.

pco.jpg
yah i saw that, but it says max 500k per any one purchase. Doesn't say about a daily limit
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3061 posts
1668 upvotes
linovera wrote: all 4 accounts in my family are locked also, including one account with over $200, and one one over $300 worth of pts. :twisted: I'm so pissed, can't take advantage of sdm redemption promo this week.
Did you phone to find out why?
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14635 posts
11851 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
greenbaido wrote: Can someone direct me to the rewards redemption levels

Ty
PCO Points are redeemable in 10,000 = $ 10 increments
So you need a minimum of 10,000 Points to do a redemption
And anything in between ... cannot be used

Example :
10,000 = $ 10
15,485 = $ 10 + 5,485 left in your account
20,000 = $ 20

BONUS REDEMPTION EVENTS
The bonuses will be advertised in store ... or told to you in an email / on the App / website

Generally speaking ... (Cuz at times the amounts do vary ... like Black Friday / Cyber Monday)
It’s a case of
Redeem 50,000 Points ($ 50 Value) ... for $ 65 in Goods
Redeem 100,000 Points ($ 100 Value) ... for $ 140 in Goods
Redeem 200,000 Points ($ 200 Value) ... for $ 300 in Goods

Sometimes there are Cash Back Promotions
That’s where you Redeem X Amount of Points ... and Get Y Points Back

As I said, gotta watch the advertising & read the fine print

Lol, plus this thread ... BONUS REDEMPTION DAYS are always a hot much discussed topic
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20782 posts
14677 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ml88888888 wrote: does it say anywhere when you sign in to your acct online that it is locked? I.e. can you know without trying to redeem?
If you go to the Cards page on the app or website you'll see a list of linked PCO cards, CCs and devices. Each will indicate either "Earn points only" with a padlock icon or "Earn & redeem points" with a checkmark icon. There's also a pencil icon where you can toggle between those.

It would be interesting to know if people whose cards have been locked by SDM can see this and are allowed to toggle the setting.
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)