Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum Discussion Thread 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 1:42 pm
Jul 13, 2020
38 posts
37 upvotes
Pharmer wrote:
What ever you want? There is no restrictions.
Btw anyone had an error saying max household invites reached? I couldn’t start a new household.

Also, had issue redeeming at sdm online today. It keeps saying card could not be authorized. I double checked. All cars info is correct. Tried different cards, no luck
If you're getting that message, its a positive indicator your account is locked. You will need to call them as that's the easiest way to attempt to have your account reactivated. You can still earn but can't redeem until the locked account has been resolved. Their reasoning behind locking your account usually involves suspicious activity on your account-earning or redeeming patterns.

Good luck!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1196 posts
795 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone else having an issue trying to create a household? Keeps giving me an error when trying to add, I can still redeem so that's not an issue. I'm thinking after the ps5 yesterday that there may be some problems.
Jul 13, 2020
38 posts
37 upvotes
alkaint wrote: Anyone else having an issue trying to create a household? Keeps giving me an error when trying to add, I can still redeem so that's not an issue. I'm thinking after the ps5 yesterday that there may be some problems.
If you're getting that message, its a positive indicator your account is locked. You will need to call them as that's the easiest way to attempt to have your account reactivated. You can still earn but can't redeem until the locked account has been resolved. Their reasoning behind locking your account usually involves suspicious activity on your account-earning or redeeming patterns.

Good luck!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1196 posts
795 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Awongy wrote: If you're getting that message, its a positive indicator your account is locked. You will need to call them as that's the easiest way to attempt to have your account reactivated. You can still earn but can't redeem until the locked account has been resolved. Their reasoning behind locking your account usually involves suspicious activity on your account-earning or redeeming patterns.

Good luck!
Lol are you just saying the same thing to everyone? I literally said I can redeem still so how would my account be locked? Don't comment without knowing what you're talking about.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1251 posts
987 upvotes
Halifax
alkaint wrote: Anyone else having an issue trying to create a household? Keeps giving me an error when trying to add, I can still redeem so that's not an issue. I'm thinking after the ps5 yesterday that there may be some problems.
There have been a few people posting over the last two weeks that have the same problem with the Household.
We did not have an answer for them on the forum.

I am not sure if any have been resolved or not ...... was causing great frustration

Comments ? @Nauth and @Styleman
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1196 posts
795 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yeah it's really weird, haven't had a problem with household in the past but haven't tried it in the last month or so. Hoping it's just a technical error and they get it sorted soon.

Edit: I was reading the previous post but it seems that my error is different than yours is, do you get the email still? I get the error after I hit submit to send a request for someone else to join and vice versa. It doesn't seem to be going through at all.
Jul 13, 2020
38 posts
37 upvotes
alkaint wrote: Lol are you just saying the same thing to everyone? I literally said I can redeem still so how would my account be locked? Don't comment without knowing what you're talking about.
Woops, my bad! I misread and thought you had the same issue as the others. Yes, I have the same issue too with adding household. The email comes through for the person I'm adding but when clicking the red Join Household button, it bring them to their PC Optimum app and nothing happens (no prompt to join appears).
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1196 posts
795 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Awongy wrote: Woops, my bad! I misread and thought you had the same issue as the others. Yes, I have the same issue too with adding household. The email comes through for the person I'm adding but when clicking the red Join Household button, it bring them to their PC Optimum app and nothing happens (no prompt to join appears).
No worries! Didn't mean to come off as rude, so seems that it's a widespread issue with households as redeeming doesn't seem to be an issue for many, just wish it didn't happen this weekend for this bonus redemption lol
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2540 posts
958 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Did anyone else get this weird SDM bonus redemption offer?

You spend $20 on just about anything in the store. When you use 10,000 points toward the purchase, they give you 10,000 points off. So when the dust clears, you've spent 10,000 in points for $20 worth of stuff. I was like "what?" and thought there had to be a catch. But there wasn't. Hubby did it today. He bought $20 worth of stuff that was a good price with 50% off (paid $10, got $20). When he went to pay, there was actually a message on the cash register asking if he wanted to redeem 10,000 and get the extra 10,000 off. And he did. No catch. I hope others got that one!
So let it be e-mailed...so let it be done!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
1457 posts
1205 upvotes
Winnipeg
TheHans wrote: Did anyone else get this weird SDM bonus redemption offer?

You spend $20 on just about anything in the store. When you use 10,000 points toward the purchase, they give you 10,000 points off. So when the dust clears, you've spent 10,000 in points for $20 worth of stuff. I was like "what?" and thought there had to be a catch. But there wasn't. Hubby did it today. He bought $20 worth of stuff that was a good price with 50% off (paid $10, got $20). When he went to pay, there was actually a message on the cash register asking if he wanted to redeem 10,000 and get the extra 10,000 off. And he did. No catch. I hope others got that one!
Nice offer! Did it show in the app beforehand or was it a surprise at the register?
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2540 posts
958 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Kelly M wrote: Nice offer! Did it show in the app beforehand or was it a surprise at the register?
It was under hubby's personal offers. It was way down at the bottom. It would be easy to miss because there's so much other stuff on there at the bottom these days. We read it over a bunch of times as we couldn't believe what it said. We were able to combine it with some special offer for Diet Pepsi six-packs for $1.99. There was a similar one for a deal on butter, but we don't eat animal products. I don't know why we keep getting that one. Anyway, hubby also found Folger's instant and Maxwell House decaf instant on for $2.99 and Salon Pas 40s, which was a score for 50% off. All of the items were.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
1511 posts
1969 upvotes
St Clements, MB
We have had that offer before, it only comes when your points balance is 10,000 - 19,999 points.

This weekend I got "get up to $40 off when you redeem 30,000 points," but I redeemed my points last Monday @ Superstore.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2540 posts
958 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
cslusarc wrote: We have had that offer before, it only comes when your points balance is 10,000 - 19,999 points.

This weekend I got "get up to $40 off when you redeem 30,000 points," but I redeemed my points last Monday @ Superstore.
Hubby had just over 23,000 points. But that's still a lower points total, so that might be the general idea. I like that it had a low redemption threshold, as neither hubby nor I tends to ever have more than 30,000.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1239 posts
1116 upvotes
Couldn’t rotate offers with the household trick. Is it now banned to join/rejoin right away?

Checked my Cards section and it’s still “earn and redeem with this card”

I guess they set a timeout for accounts to join and rejoin?
May 25, 2015
267 posts
574 upvotes
on
naticom wrote: Couldn’t rotate offers with the household trick. Is it now banned to join/rejoin right away?

Checked my Cards section and it’s still “earn and redeem with this card”

I guess they set a timeout for accounts to join and rejoin?
Same here, I got an error and haven’t done the household trick in over a week

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)