Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread 2021

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2022 12:29 pm
Sep 21, 2017
483 posts
502 upvotes
Vancouver
Narci wrote: Weird. Anyone know why my transactions all show 0 pts?
Seeing as all the purchases are from Superstore, I would guess that either you didn't load any offers for those shopping trips or you didn't purchase any products that qualify for any offers. Only Shoppers Drug Mart will give you base points for every $1 spent and Esso for every Litre of gas. When the program first started a lot of people had some confusion about this.

If shopping at Loblaws, Superstore, No Frills etc then you don't earn points just for spending unless you have the PC Mastercard or a specific offer on products ie: 200 pts per $1 on beef, spend 150$ at No frills get 15,000 pts or other in store offers that everyone gets like 3000 pts for every $8 on kelloggs cereal. Load your offers each Thursday to maximize your points.
Jan 9, 2021
263 posts
171 upvotes
minimalist wrote: It's shown in the pic.
Yes, it's definitely shown in the banner, which is why I made sure to use my PC Money card. I'll post when (and if) I receive the 5k points for forum readers' future reference.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2019
1058 posts
955 upvotes
Is it possible to use different PC optimum card for redemption and use PC finanical of a different account at Esso.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1498 posts
266 upvotes
Sorry if this hijacks at all but did the PC express program change their substitution policy so they won't charge the lower of the two prices anymore? It happened to me today but it also seemed like they were just being lazy about it.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
cmackie wrote: Sorry if this hijacks at all but did the PC express program change their substitution policy so they won't charge the lower of the two prices anymore? It happened to me today but it also seemed like they were just being lazy about it.
I assume here you are referring to the PC Insiders PAID Membership … which is a annual subscription add on to the regular PCO Program

https://www.pcoptimum.ca/insiders/en/

As it’s a separate entity … stand alone PCO Partner … with additional rules, requirements & perks that come from belonging it has its own MegaThread here on RFD where members gather to discuss the aspects that are unique to that program

pc-insiders-2021-paid-add-pc-optimum-program-2436780/4/

That thread will let you know if there’s been any recent changes
As well as how to get the most out of your paid membership … and maximize opportunities & points etc
Mar 6, 2011
393 posts
274 upvotes
cmackie wrote: Sorry if this hijacks at all but did the PC express program change their substitution policy so they won't charge the lower of the two prices anymore? It happened to me today but it also seemed like they were just being lazy about it.
AFAIK that has never been the policy?
Public Mobile
Lightspeed Internet
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
PointsHubby wrote: I assume here you are referring to the PC Insiders PAID Membership … which is a annual subscription add on to the regular PCO Program

https://www.pcoptimum.ca/insiders/en/

As it’s a separate entity … stand alone PCO Partner … with additional rules, requirements & perks that come from belonging it has its own MegaThread here on RFD where members gather to discuss the aspects that are unique to that program

pc-insiders-2021-paid-add-pc-optimum-program-2436780/4/

That thread will let you know if there’s been any recent changes
As well as how to get the most out of your paid membership … and maximize opportunities & points etc
I think they are referring to the PC Express online grocery shopping program.. nothing to do with PC Insiders.

I haven't noticed anything change with substitutions.. I don't think it's ever been official policy to give you the substituted item at the price of the original item. You can always reject the substitute or select no substitutes.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
8978 posts
2579 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
The thread title "PC Optimum Discussion Thread 2021" was changed to "PC Optimum Discussion Thread 2022" a day or two ago, but now it's back at the old "PC Optimum Discussion Thread 2021"
Any particular reason why?
Jan 16, 2020
56 posts
61 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
There is a new 2022 thread:

pc-optimum-discussion-thread-2022-2520761/
krs wrote: The thread title "PC Optimum Discussion Thread 2021" was changed to "PC Optimum Discussion Thread 2022" a day or two ago, but now it's back at the old "PC Optimum Discussion Thread 2021"
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
newfbc wrote: I think they are referring to the PC Express online grocery shopping program.. nothing to do with PC Insiders.

I haven't noticed anything change with substitutions.. I don't think it's ever been official policy to give you the substituted item at the price of the original item. You can always reject the substitute or select no substitutes.

Ron.
Lol, late at night / early morning wee hour Post …
Yes looks like I misread SUBSTITUTION for subscription somehow

And therefore took the FREE bit to refer to no charge / all inclusive pick ups as part of the PC Insiders Program
Upside-down Face

You are correct on your input

We have used PC Express quite a bit since Covid.
Never have I gotten a FREE or adjusted price substitution from PC Express
It’s just been a case of whether I wanted substations YES or NO … as I checked the box on my order
And possibly added more details to the items INFORMATION field

But we were always charged the going rate on the item
Be it lower or higher

ITEM = Hunts Tomato Paste
SUBSTITUTION = YES
INFORMATION = Unico or No Name would also be fine

I think I read on RFD tho that Walmart Pick Up often alters pricing for substitutions
So if your item is OOS they’ll give you the replacement at the same price, or lower

I would imagine tho in these times of supply issues
And stock shortages … current & coming
These sorts of courtesy policies are gonna fall by the wayside
As stores cannot give you (and everyone else) on a price cut on what they don’t have
Or don’t know the foreseeable future on

Savvy strategic shopping is gonna become more and more of a thing this winter
Than it’s been since the 1990s when we last saw this sort of inflation
And supply issues … is just gonna compound these problems
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
krs wrote: The thread title "PC Optimum Discussion Thread 2021" was changed to "PC Optimum Discussion Thread 2022" a day or two ago, but now it's back at the old "PC Optimum Discussion Thread 2021"
Ya I think the title got changed for a bit of time in the interim
While the NEW one was being pulled together
(Someone here in this thread suggested … we just go with a title change vs a whole new thread … but logistically that isn’t feasible )

The 2022 PCO MegaThread is now up & running

Enjoy !
Feb 3, 2010
261 posts
237 upvotes
Charlottetown
Atlantic Superstore flyer arrived for this week with usual range of weekly deals and member points offers plus 4 additional pages with Points Day offers

Posted in wrong thread - moved to 2022 version :)
Last edited by simplyton on Jan 24th, 2022 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 3, 2010
261 posts
237 upvotes
Charlottetown
Posted in wrong thread - moved to 2022 version :)
Apr 29, 2015
327 posts
159 upvotes
Calgary, AB
This SDM flyer did not indicate any minimum spend for the 20x points offer. https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/flyer

So I did some shopping there over the weekend and only got the base points. I did a Live Chat with PCO to find out what's up, and they told me once loaded a minimum spend appears in my account. But the flyer doesn't say anything about what happens when I load the offer, so it seems like false advertising. Most weeks, the minimum spend is stated right in the flyer. Since it did not do that this past weekend, I figured I'd get the 20x points with on no minimum spend.

sigh
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Luzer123 wrote: This SDM flyer did not indicate any minimum spend for the 20x points offer. https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/flyer

So I did some shopping there over the weekend and only got the base points. I did a Live Chat with PCO to find out what's up, and they told me once loaded a minimum spend appears in my account. But the flyer doesn't say anything about what happens when I load the offer, so it seems like false advertising. Most weeks, the minimum spend is stated right in the flyer. Since it did not do that this past weekend, I figured I'd get the 20x points with on no minimum spend.

sigh
It’s advertising … a SENSATIONAL Headline to get your attention

But legally SDM is fully covered cuz the offer itself in the ad / flyer clearly says …
*! See Back Page for Details

And voila … bottom of the back page in the fine print, lies the T&Cs about it being a ONE & DONE OFFER … and that you should see the Offer in your Account / on the App for full Terms & Conditions and eligibility (I am paraphrasing all the legal jargon of a very long paragraph into one sentence)

So … part of the reason no qualifying Spend $ is given in the Flyer Headline … is cuz various members may get different qualifying amounts for the WUSpend threshold

PS … FYI the 2022 PCO MegaThread is now up & running … so if you want we can continue the discussion there
pc-optimum-discussion-thread-2022-2520761/2/
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1498 posts
266 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Lol, late at night / early morning wee hour Post …
Yes looks like I misread SUBSTITUTION for subscription somehow

And therefore took the FREE bit to refer to no charge / all inclusive pick ups as part of the PC Insiders Program
Upside-down Face

You are correct on your input

We have used PC Express quite a bit since Covid.
Never have I gotten a FREE or adjusted price substitution from PC Express
It’s just been a case of whether I wanted substations YES or NO … as I checked the box on my order
And possibly added more details to the items INFORMATION field

But we were always charged the going rate on the item
Be it lower or higher

ITEM = Hunts Tomato Paste
SUBSTITUTION = YES
INFORMATION = Unico or No Name would also be fine

I think I read on RFD tho that Walmart Pick Up often alters pricing for substitutions
So if your item is OOS they’ll give you the replacement at the same price, or lower

I would imagine tho in these times of supply issues
And stock shortages … current & coming
These sorts of courtesy policies are gonna fall by the wayside
As stores cannot give you (and everyone else) on a price cut on what they don’t have
Or don’t know the foreseeable future on

Savvy strategic shopping is gonna become more and more of a thing this winter
Than it’s been since the 1990s when we last saw this sort of inflation
And supply issues … is just gonna compound these problems
Maybe it was region or store-specific but they definitely had a policy of giving you the lower of the two prices. We often had to ask for it to be corrected later though unless we remembered to mention it at pickup time. I believe it was even on the website as a benefit of using the service.

No mention now though as far as I could see so I guess that's it. Easy enough to reject the substitution anyway.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
cmackie wrote: Maybe it was region or store-specific but they definitely had a policy of giving you the lower of the two prices. We often had to ask for it to be corrected later though unless we remembered to mention it at pickup time. I believe it was even on the website as a benefit of using the service.

No mention now though as far as I could see so I guess that's it. Easy enough to reject the substitution anyway.
Closest to this I have ever encountered is being notified by PC Express (curbside pickup … not InstaCart) prior to pick up of a list of items from my order they were out of
And what my options were in regard to what else they had in stock

As we fill out the SUBSTITUTIONS and INFORMATION Fields … I think this was an extra courtesy
To help us get what was on our list … vs go without

Certainly not something normally seen like is the case with InstaCart where you converse with a Personal Shopper

But as I understood it …
Any items I chose would be added at their real cost
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2354 posts
1998 upvotes
Halifax
rdiamond1 wrote: Yes there is typically no indication. Myself as well. But we should see it before Feb 14th. Someone here will post it when it comes out and you can check your account.
@ml88888888 wrote: ↑
I don't think PC Money card qualifies for the bonus 5k points. You have to use a real PCF MC.

Hi ! Just thought I would tag you as i received the 5 K points on Tuesday January 25th.

It was under Points adjustment :

ADJUSTMENT
A fan of RFD
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10053 posts
6146 upvotes
rdiamond1 wrote: @ml88888888 wrote: ↑
I don't think PC Money card qualifies for the bonus 5k points. You have to use a real PCF MC.

Hi ! Just thought I would tag you as i received the 5 K points on Tuesday January 25th.

It was under Points adjustment :

ADJUSTMENT
that is nice to know. I wonder if I will get 5000 twice if I use both the PC Money prepaid card & my PCF MC which are both linked to the same PCO acct?
May 13, 2021
251 posts
531 upvotes
Anyone else get zero new personal offers for next week? Other than a store spend and my 4 carry overs, I got zilch. I'm sad.

and the flyer is now stating flyer prices aren't applicable to my central province NF.. hoping that trend doesn't continue..

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)