Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6805 posts
1474 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: First off, read the fine print on the offer (click on it)

Usually the produce ones will list the other items that are covered... Refrigerated Dips, Dressings, & Juices is what I seem to recall.

The offers for Hot & Cold Meals To Go don't say much... But I've discovered that offer covers... The Ready to Eat Rotisserie Chicken Bar, Pizza Counter etc - the Soup Bar - the Counter with the Deli Served Salads (and other cold items to take home to heat up) - the island with Ready to Eat Green Salads (same place they make the platters & squeezed juices) - the two or 3 islands lined with Fresh Pasta, Sauces, St Hubert Pot Pies, Heat & Serve Lasagna Trays etc - and the Sushi area

When we get a Hot & Cold Meaks to Go offer, we truly make the most of it. Maybe take home some Sushi & a Rotisserie Chicken for that night, but pick up a Premixed Green Salad & self serve Potatoe Salad for the next days Lunch, and then also buy a Fresh Pasta for later in the week, and a Pot Pie for the Freezer (as much of this stuff, never goes on sale otherwise).
Great tips!! Thank you.
Dec 4, 2016
358 posts
207 upvotes
Montreal
Just got a 10$ off if you spend 100$. My first one. I usually get the 5$ off if you spend 50$.

I've never spent that much in groceries in one go as I don't own a car and have to carry everything back to my place and my freezer is FULL so I can't just buy produce and freeze it so now I don't know how I'm gonna reach that threshold.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13050 posts
3166 upvotes
Markham
MontrealParis wrote: Just got a 10$ off if you spend 100$. My first one. I usually get the 5$ off if you spend 50$.

I've never spent that much in groceries in one go as I don't own a car and have to carry everything back to my place and my freezer is FULL so I can't just buy produce and freeze it so now I don't know how I'm gonna reach that threshold.
I just don't end up using those ones if they are too high. I've gotten 5K on $50 and 3K on $30 before
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
12552 posts
9780 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
MontrealParis wrote: Just got a 10$ off if you spend 100$. My first one. I usually get the 5$ off if you spend 50$.

RolandCouch wrote: I just don't end up using those ones if they are too high. I've gotten 5K on $50 and 3K on $30 before
Yup, if you don't use them, you lose them (those cannot be DELAYED)

I find they will occasionally send you something higher than your normal spend, in hopes that you'll spend more.

I don't worry too much about them, cause I find when you don't use them, the next time they'll be lower again.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
2972 posts
869 upvotes
Ontario
lecale wrote: My experience is that they are...also fresh juice and some nuts and dried fruit are considered produce.
Pistachios?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.9%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
6893 posts
2910 upvotes
minimalist wrote: Pistachios?
Yes, may I recommend the PC Blue Menu 280g $5.99; might even get you this follow-up offer:

200 pts For every $1 spent on Nuts or Dried Fruit in the Produce Department
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
2972 posts
869 upvotes
Ontario
lecale wrote: Yes, may I recommend the PC Blue Menu 280g $5.99; might even get you this follow-up offer:

200 pts For every $1 spent on Nuts or Dried Fruit in the Produce Department
Thanks. I'll give the PC Blue Menu pistachios a try. I think those are the unsalted ones.

I recently had a bad experience with the regular PC pistachios. Approx. 500 g bag. There were several mouldy nuts in the bag. Never had this happen with Costco pistachios.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.9%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2003
1707 posts
306 upvotes
Vancouver
amberjill wrote: Has anyone had the offers on pcplus.ca/the app not match the offers at realcanadiansuperstore.ca? Signed in with the same account, and they used to match, but the offers don't show on the superstore site anymore. Seems to coincide with getting a new pc world elite mastercard, which we're still waiting on in the mail.

It's annoying because before, I could click on the offer to see all the eligible items when shopping for groceries online.
Fixed the problem. I unlinked the pcplus account from my profile on superstore.ca, then re-linked.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1387 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For every $4 spent on Klondike Ice Cream Bars or Sandwiches Multi-pack
800pts

For every $5 spent on Special K, Vector or All Bran Granola (300 – 553 g)
Offer only valid on Special K, Vector or All Bran Granola (300 – 553 g). Offer not valid on Bars, Chips or Non-Granola Cereal.
1,500pts

2 sweet offers this week
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15064 posts
6122 upvotes
lorreilme wrote: For every $4 spent on Klondike Ice Cream Bars or Sandwiches Multi-pack
800pts

For every $5 spent on Special K, Vector or All Bran Granola (300 – 553 g)
Offer only valid on Special K, Vector or All Bran Granola (300 – 553 g). Offer not valid on Bars, Chips or Non-Granola Cereal.
1,500pts

2 sweet offers this week
Too bad Special K is on sale at Loblaws this week for $4.99! One penny short! I wonder if there is a workaround.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
18994 posts
11849 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
SickBeast wrote: Too bad Special K is on sale at Loblaws this week for $4.99! One penny short! I wonder if there is a workaround.
Generally they'll round up by the nickel so $4.98 and $4.99 will qualify as $5.00. There's been some discussion about what happens if you buy 3 (or more) and the total comes to $14.97. Under the rounding rules that would round down to $14.95, not $15.00. Even so I bet that if you put in a points request for 3x 1,500 pts, they'd give them to you. I've made requests similar to this with by-the-weight produce and they've given me the points I asked for.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
6893 posts
2910 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: Too bad Special K is on sale at Loblaws this week for $4.99! One penny short! I wonder if there is a workaround.
There is a $2 coupon for the Special K quinoa granola here https://www.websaver.ca/en_ca/coupons/

I think you can print twice? 2 x $2.99 would get you over $5 so you get the points automatically; otherwise I would just do a missing points inquiry if it is a question of a penny.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2509 posts
1218 upvotes
My workaround would be to buy 2, thereby guaranteeing 1500 pts. If you do not get 3000, put in a pts inquiry for the other 1500.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
12552 posts
9780 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
FYI, if you read the "fine print" this offer is not valid on REGULAR Special K - Vector - or All Bran Cereals

ONLY VALID on these 3 branded GRANOLA Cereals, which are NEW Products

We checked them out in the store, and gave them a pass.

At our Loblaws thes "vacuum packed" bagged cereals were all over $ 5, and the packages were very small. Did not think there was enough of an incentive value to Test Drve this NEW Product
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
6893 posts
2910 upvotes
My store has the granola bags at $5.99 but 1,500 pts is 30% of $4.99.

When I click on the offer in Click n Collect though, I get, like, 40 products that are allegedly eligible...cereal, granola, granola bars, cracker chips...

???

Seems like a highly debatable offer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)