Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29132 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
sunchaser53 wrote: how long does it take for the Carrot to post the AP point? Did one for April 30 still not seeing on the AP account yet..
A few days to a couple of weeks.

In the Carrot app -> Account -> Rewards History will show which points have been posted to AP and which are pending. Mine shows points from 03May are posted and from yesterday are pending to AP. However the AP site shows so far only points up to 24Apr have been recorded.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2014
6054 posts
4059 upvotes
Parry Sound
Still haven't heard back from my inquiry last week for missing SDM points.

They need to hire better developers.
This message has not been approved by The Office of The Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4843 posts
4378 upvotes
B.C.
bluebellrose wrote: Have you tried the pc recycled paper towels?
I'm sure we have, but I don't recall much about them unfortunately. We buy a six-pack of 100% recycled paper towels every year or couple of years at most. We only use them for messes that are too unsanitary or disgusting to wipe up with something reusable that needs to get washed. Examples are some things that come out of cats or maybe some grease or oil or rust stains involving the car. Otherwise, we use Shop Towels for "paper towel"-type things and then rewash them. Shop Towels are more absorbent than any paper towel I've ever tried and can be reused endlessly after being washed. You just throw them in with other clothes in the washer. Once out, they dry in the air in maybe 30 minutes. They do tear eventually, but we have some still in use that we've used for years.

With paper towels, it's all about the price point. We did buy Cascade at some point, as it's a pretty-good price when you use Cascade's coupon. But ultimately I found the best value is this one from Canadian Tire:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/frank ... 0401p.html

The rolls are really large in comparison to some other 100% recycled brands.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4843 posts
4378 upvotes
B.C.
MayorOfToronto wrote: Still haven't heard back from my inquiry last week for missing SDM points.

They need to hire better developers.
Try the chat.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2003
1750 posts
354 upvotes
Vancouver
I love the convenience of shopping for groceries using Click and Collect at Superstore, but recently found out that in BC, at least, they will no longer accept online price match submissions; has to be done in person. Very annoying, especially if you have to go inside to customer service.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4782 posts
1327 upvotes
Richmond
amberjill wrote: I love the convenience of shopping for groceries using Click and Collect at Superstore, but recently found out that in BC, at least, they will no longer accept online price match submissions; has to be done in person. Very annoying, especially if you have to go inside to customer service.
I guess we can blame our fellow rfders who have been abusing the feature and showing stuff from different geographical locations that is physically impossible to get to unless you drive to it or take a flight
May 10, 2012
40 posts
60 upvotes
I finally got my my $200 worth of missing points back after 4 months.

PC gave me a $5 "good will" credit in points after being on the phone with them for like 3-5 hours, a half dozen emails, and several chat attempts.

They don't really seem to compassionate about all the stress and aggravation the transition had caused.
Oct 22, 2012
452 posts
836 upvotes
Thought I'd mention this to give people an idea of current wait times when you submit a points inquiry via the app or website.

I submitted an inquiry for missing points on April 28th. Just received the points 10 minutes ago. So that's day 10.

Use chat for missing points if you want same-day points adjustments.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6337 posts
1505 upvotes
When I lost 90,000 points, I called in and they had me upload the most recent receipt...got them back within 24 hours. This was 2 days ago
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2014
6054 posts
4059 upvotes
Parry Sound
Erumuh wrote: Thought I'd mention this to give people an idea of current wait times when you submit a points inquiry via the app or website.

I submitted an inquiry for missing points on April 28th. Just received the points 10 minutes ago. So that's day 10.

Use chat for missing points if you want same-day points adjustments.
Online inquiries used to be solved within the hour. I assume it was automated and a lot of people were abusing that system.

Now they have us waiting over a week.
This message has not been approved by The Office of The Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6337 posts
1505 upvotes
MayorOfToronto wrote: Online inquiries used to be solved within the hour. I assume it was automated and a lot of people were abusing that system.

Now they have us waiting over a week.
Is it abuse, or more problems now than before? Lots of technical difficulties recently...
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1062 posts
857 upvotes
GTA
peanutz wrote: Is it abuse, or more problems now than before? Lots of technical difficulties recently...
It doesn't have to be one or the other. Could be both, and even more causes too.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
So there's an offer at Loblaws, buy a certain product get 1000 points. Can I use points to buy the product and still be awarded the 1000 points?
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
Kfox wrote: So there's an offer at Loblaws, buy a certain product get 1000 points. Can I use points to buy the product and still be awarded the 1000 points?
Yes. (This only doesn't work at Shoppers)
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
Kfox wrote: So there's an offer at Loblaws, buy a certain product get 1000 points. Can I use points to buy the product and still be awarded the 1000 points?
lecale wrote: Yes. (This only doesn't work at Shoppers)
Has anyone tried this possible workaround at Shoppers? ----> Say offer is buy $30 get 6000 points. Your order total with tax is $35.25. First off you tell cashier you want partial pay $5.25 with ViSA. Then after you swipe your VISA you tell them the remainder $30 will be paid with points. Will the system give you the 6000 points because initial payment was with VISA?
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
Kfox wrote: Has anyone tried this possible workaround at Shoppers? ----> Say offer is buy $30 get 6000 points. Your order total with tax is $35.25. First off you tell cashier you want partial pay $5.25 with ViSA. Then after you swipe your VISA you tell them the remainder $30 will be paid with points. Will the system give you the 6000 points because initial payment was with VISA?
The till makes you do redemptions before other tenders. But say you had 8k when you spend $30 and spent $60, redeemed $30, you would get the offer for the remaining $30 you spent in cash.
Nov 14, 2009
629 posts
472 upvotes
surrey
HAULA BOLLA

No Frills redefining what it means to be haula bolla loooool
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
You can only EARN & REDEEM in the same transaction at PC+ Loblaws Group Stores... IF you have the necessary points in your PCO Account BEFORE this current transaction.

The minimum Redemption is 10,000 = $ 10 (and from then on in $ 10 increments)

So if your bill was $ 19 and you earned 1,000 Points for this product
Along with another 10,000 in Points on other offers
EARNED = 11,000 Points
You would still have to have had at least 10,000 Points in your PCO Account BEFORE this transaction in order to REDEEM 10,000 Points for $ 10

Example:
ACCOUNT BALANCE = 18,000 Points
TRANSACTION = $ 19 Total
$ 10 REDEEM = -10,000 Points = 8,000 Points Remaining
CASH OWED = $ 9 Total
EARN = +11,000 Points
NEW ACCOUNT BALANCE = 19,000 Points (8,000 + 11,000)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

jglo1