Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
13126 posts
10364 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
airmail wrote: I had over 100k in pc plus points and when I switched over to optimum it zeroed out. Anyone have any luck getting them back?
bylo wrote: Have you contacted PCO about this? It's possible your old PC+ account still has those points or that it converted to a new PCO account with a different number from the one you're using. PCO should be able to find out and fix it.
This

Not all the account conversions during the rollover went smoothly

Based on the various posts here in that timeframe, I would say PCO got everyone’s accounts up and running properly with the points they had Pre-merger (a few folks even had their accounts tampered with / points stolen... and still PCO came thru for them, restoring all the missing points etc)

Ya gotta ask questions though, to make it happen. So contact PCO Customer Support
Nov 12, 2012
545 posts
236 upvotes
Port Moody
pokee99 wrote: I didn't get my 4000 points either. In my past experience, these scanned text coupons normally post immediately. This is the first time it hasn't. I may as well submit it as a points inquiry...
Ugh, this gets better...so I do the points inquiry via the app. They're really speedy getting back to me saying my inquiry was denied, because the coupon is valid Aug. 15 - to 22nd. Good grief...really? I clearly stated that the coupon was a texted coupon, valid for Aug. 14 only, and scanned at the cashier - and the cashier was even surprised that the points didn't show right away. I mean, how much more specific could I have been????

So, I have to waste everyone's time by calling it in. Of course, when I do - the person on the phone is aware of the coupon, and awards me the points right away. I complained about submitting the inquiry on the app - stating if they're not even going to bother reading the inquiry properly, why bother having the ability to submit it on the app? I also stated that there should be a way to submit screenshots - so these inquiries don't go back and forth. This isn't the first time I've had to do a follow-up call do to the incompetent handling of an app inquiry!

Is it perhaps their mandate to reject all app submitted inquiries?
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6822 posts
1495 upvotes
nounou23 wrote: the gas offer was it for 10000 points? My wife still hasn't received her points and it's been a while since she submited it.
Yes it was the 10000 points one.
Feb 10, 2012
164 posts
61 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Online app support is just bunch of jokers . I also had the 4000 text offer but they replied back and asking me the offer name and exact missing pc points even though i gave them all the information at first point
Fools , I am not sure why PC is paying them
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1117 posts
883 upvotes
Halifax
lollypop2 wrote: Online app support is just bunch of jokers . I also had the 4000 text offer but they replied back and asking me the offer name and exact missing pc points even though i gave them all the information at first point
Fools , I am not sure why PC is paying them
They really messed up on that text offer....
Gave up waiting and submitted a points inquiry.
-
However I do think something is going on behind the scenes with security and that was the reason for no WUS big personal offers at SDM this week. And that perhaps the system was not ready on Tuesday to be able to deal with it. My thoughts only.... there is a reason...
A fan of RFD
Oct 11, 2012
153 posts
87 upvotes
rdiamond1 wrote: They really messed up on that text offer....
Gave up waiting and submitted a points inquiry.
-
However I do think something is going on behind the scenes with security and that was the reason for no WUS big personal offers at SDM this week. And that perhaps the system was not ready on Tuesday to be able to deal with it. My thoughts only.... there is a reason...
Good points. That could be exactly why.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2510 posts
930 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Just when I thought it was safe to say I understood the Optimum program except for the gas, my hubby went and got himself the PC MC! Now I have to figure out even more stuff LOL. I guess there have been all kinds of issues specifically involving the use of the PC MC and I ignored them, foolishly now it would appear.

As it is, I was trying to figure out if the rebranded Mobil at our Wholesale Club that gave us 35 cents per litre (70 with a PC MC) was still doing that even with the new Esso/Mobil thing. That station still has its sandwich board out for the 35/70 cents and it's always been a bit of a rogue station.

And at our local Esso station, they couldn't tell me if their own loyalty program with that Esso Price Privileges thingie was still in play ABOVE the Optimum points. They still have flyers for that Price Privileges card and we live in the middle of nowhere, so maybe the news hasn't come to that Esso yet.

Many thanks to @bluebellrose for her OP that summarizes some of the issues over this 600+ pages. It's been helpful. And I'll be looking now for all the posts from people with the PC MC who are ripping their hair out haha.
So let it be e-mailed...so let it be done!
Mar 6, 2015
370 posts
136 upvotes
Alert, Nunavut
so far whenever I submitted missing point inquiry, they have added it without 2nd thoughts.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
13126 posts
10364 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
TheHans wrote: Just when I thought it was safe to say I understood the Optimum program except for the gas, my hubby went and got himself the PC MC! Now I have to figure out even more stuff LOL. I guess there have been all kinds of issues specifically involving the use of the PC MC and I ignored them, foolishly now it would appear.

As it is, I was trying to figure out if the rebranded Mobil at our Wholesale Club that gave us 35 cents per litre (70 with a PC MC) was still doing that even with the new Esso/Mobil thing. That station still has its sandwich board out for the 35/70 cents and it's always been a bit of a rogue station.

And at our local Esso station, they couldn't tell me if their own loyalty program with that Esso Price Privileges thingie was still in play ABOVE the Optimum points. They still have flyers for that Price Privileges card and we live in the middle of nowhere, so maybe the news hasn't come to that Esso yet.

Many thanks to @bluebellrose for her OP that summarizes some of the issues over this 600+ pages. It's been helpful. And I'll be looking now for all the posts from people with the PC MC who are ripping their hair out haha.
I will let others far more knowledgeable than I Reply to the PC MC game... but I will be reading along / following your adventure

As far as I can tell... there are tons of variables (most of them plastic cards) that can come into play at the Gas Stations ... and it is oh so important that you swipe them in the correct order, depending which of the acceptable pile you choose to use in any transaction

* PCO Membership
Or
* Esso Extra Membership
* Esso Cents Off Card
* Esso Speedpass
Or
* Esso Credit Card
Or
* PC MasterCard
Or
* Or other Credit Card
Or
* Debit Card

Lol, or just good old fashioned cash inside

What’s the point of all this you ask... the pursuit of points of course Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Carry on
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2510 posts
930 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
PointsHubby wrote:
* PCO Membership
Or
* Esso Extra Membership
* Esso Cents Off Card
* Esso Speedpass
Or
* Esso Credit Card
Or
* PC MasterCard
Or
* Or other Credit Card
Or
* Debit Card
Haha, it's funny because it's true.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11555 posts
10530 upvotes
Offers stacking this week
1. My 20x milk offer is back this week.
2. 5000 pts WUS $25 (20% off)
3. Thursday senior 20% off on regular items e.g. milk and eggs etc
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Jun 27, 2017
123 posts
123 upvotes
Good offers in the Loblaws flyer this week. The Nestle Chocolate and Gatorade in particular look great.

Loblaws (ON) PC Optimum points offers for the week (Aug 16-22):

5000 pts for every $50 spent on baby items
including diapers
excluding apparel

3000 pts for every $9 spent on Maple Leaf Top Dogs Wieners
375-450g

4000 pts for every $12 spent on Quaker Crispy Minis
selected varieties
90-100g

2000 pts for every $8 spent on Pringles Crisps
139-156g

4000 pts for every $10 spent on Powerade, vitaminwater active, Monster Energy or Core Power beverages

Buy 2 Get 1500 pts on Danone Creamy yogurt
selected varieties
16x100g

10000 pts for every $20 spent on Gatorade, selected varieties
6x355ml, 560g, 710ml, 24x591ml, 6x591ml

3000 pts for every $15 spent on Mars pet food brands:
Pedigree, Whiskas, Cesar, Iams, Temptations and Crave

5000 pts for every $20 spent on Aveeno face care, body lotion or body wash
selected varieties and sizes

Want this offer now? Load to get
5000 pts for every $15 spent on Nestle Favourites snack sized chocolates (30ct, 50ct, 100ct).
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2510 posts
930 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
topshot wrote: Good offers in the Loblaws flyer this week. The Nestle Chocolate and Gatorade in particular look great.

Loblaws (ON) PC Optimum points offers for the week (Aug 16-22):

4000 pts for every $12 spent on Quaker Crispy Minis
selected varieties
90-100g
Is your offer also for the rice cakes? Ours usually is and if it is and you have a No Frills around you, No Frills has 250 points for Quaker Rice Cakes. At least in the West. Along with the personalized offer, it's a great deal.

We also both got offers for those new Joi energy bars from Kashi, 400 points for $1. Save-on-Foods (Western chain) has them on 2 for $4. AND there's a Websaver coupon for buy one, get one free. So we figure we'll get eight bars and put them through for $16. BUT then redeem four 2 for 1 coupons, bringing the total down to $1 each. However, we will get 6,400 points because they went in for $16 in the first place. So if you include points, each one will cost us 20 cents. I think that math's right LOL. Anyway, that's a great deal I think...
Nov 21, 2009
391 posts
182 upvotes
Moncton
Does anyone here buy PC Nutrition First pet food and if so, do you get "offers" for it?

We buy it frequently for both the dog and cat and haven't received an offer since the new program changed in February. Prior to the switch, we got offers for it all the time and in fact was our biggest source of points.
Oct 14, 2013
481 posts
325 upvotes
XOMTOR wrote: Does anyone here buy PC Nutrition First pet food and if so, do you get "offers" for it?

We buy it frequently for both the dog and cat and haven't received an offer since the new program changed in February. Prior to the switch, we got offers for it all the time and in fact was our biggest source of points.
I've never bought PC pet food before but I had an offer in the last couple weeks for it. I dont remember specially what the offer was though.