Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Feb 3, 2010
202 posts
46 upvotes
Lower Woods Harbour
gregv wrote: I received an email invitation today to join PC Insiders Pilot for $99 and get 100,000 points. This is a good offer, yes? Just pay the tax and remember to cancel before auto-renew and it is basically free?

Offer only valid for the original addressed recipient of this email. To receive a bonus 100,000 PC Optimum points, you must subscribe to an annual PC Insiders plan between the date this email was sent and September 14, 2018 by 3:00PM EST and use the Invitation Code included in this email. Not valid for subscriptions prior to the date of this email. Points will be awarded within 4-6 weeks.
I got the same offer. Don't know if it is worth it or not? Says get 20% more points. If you collect a lot points may be worth it
Mar 2, 2011
336 posts
179 upvotes
Ottawa
Trans Am wrote: I got the same offer. Don't know if it is worth it or not? Says get 20% more points. If you collect a lot points may be worth it
Only 20% on PC organics, Joe fresh, diapers. Still decent if you buy those
2017 Ford Focus Electric (Kona Blue)
2019 VW Golf SportWagen CL 6mt + DAP (Tornado Red)
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1081 posts
837 upvotes
Halifax
gregv wrote: I received an email invitation today to join PC Insiders Pilot for $99 and get 100,000 points. This is a good offer, yes? Just pay the tax and remember to cancel before auto-renew and it is basically free?

Offer only valid for the original addressed recipient of this email. To receive a bonus 100,000 PC Optimum points, you must subscribe to an annual PC Insiders plan between the date this email was sent and September 14, 2018 by 3:00PM EST and use the Invitation Code included in this email. Not valid for subscriptions prior to the date of this email. Points will be awarded within 4-6 weeks.

I think that is a GREAT offer !
If not only for the gift boxes.

They called us about two weeks ago to ask why we were not interested - but they were offering 10,000 pts NOT 100,000 points.

They must not be as successful as they thought with participation rates.
A fan of RFD
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12144 posts
1100 upvotes
Brampton
Do we have to login to get the bonus offers? When I log in it shows me the offers but nowhere to actually activate the offer. Just says it's active.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
1258 posts
1016 upvotes
Winnipeg
cheapmeister wrote: Do we have to login to get the bonus offers? When I log in it shows me the offers but nowhere to actually activate the offer. Just says it's active.
As long as you’ve logged in, your offers are ready to go. You don’t need to do anything else.
Sep 26, 2008
543 posts
129 upvotes
Ottawa

Received this, too. I may just pull the trigger.
Jul 24, 2018
195 posts
78 upvotes
Southern Ontario
For the folks who received the offer - are you all PC Mastercard holders?
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
12521 posts
9745 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

Trans Am wrote: I got the same offer. Don't know if it is worth it or not? Says get 20% more points. If you collect a lot points may be worth it
Jenny1975 wrote: Received this, too. I may just pull the trigger.
FYI there is a whole seperate thread here on the RFD SHOPPING FORUM that focuses on the ins & outs / pros & cons of the PC Insiders Program.

You all might want to read that before signing up and committing your cash

PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/pc-insid ... h-2144938/
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2177 posts
980 upvotes
Victoria
You get your money back in points plus the $99 PC travel credit. Good deal!
Deal Addict
May 8, 2003
1556 posts
5501 upvotes
Toronto
TheRedViper wrote: For the folks who received the offer - are you all PC Mastercard holders?
Yes. Invite says:
We are offering select PC Optimum members who are also President’s Choice Financial Mastercard® customers this exclusive opportunity to join our PC Insiders pilot subscription program!
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
12521 posts
9745 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
TheRedViper wrote:
For the folks who received the offer - are you all PC Mastercard holders?
gregv wrote: Yes. Invite says:
We are offering select PC Optimum members who are also President’s Choice Financial Mastercard® customers this exclusive opportunity to join our PC Insiders pilot subscription program!
Yup, it still remains an “Insiders Club” for those who have PC Financial MasterCards

If one had kiddies in diapers ... and needing baby items, eating organic, and using Click & Collect to get thru their very long young family stressed out days / week... I can certainly see the draw

Everyone else, not so much

Gotta wonder how much it is causing New Parents to sign up for PC MCs in hopes of getting an invite

That right there might be part of PC+ Group / PC Financial incentive behind this Insiders Club

Get new credit card customers while they are young and trying to grow their lives ... hook em & keep em for the long run
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1081 posts
837 upvotes
Halifax
Hhhmmmm : I bought six bags of frozen fruit for smoothies... it was a good price $ 3 each and I had an offer... 600 points for every $ 3 worth of frozen fruit.

The receipt showed QTY 2 X 600 = 1200 points.

I don't often put in inquiries but I did... even though it is only 2400 points missing.

I received this back.... unusual since the offer is clearly on the receipt and on the system.

Obviously the offer is not on the system now since it was used for 2.

Thank you for contacting PC Optimum Member Care.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. On review of your in-store and personal offers available at the time of your transaction, we are unable to locate any valid offer for "frozen fruit -600 points per $3 spent". Unfortunately without a valid offer we are unable to award any points for an item.

Please note that you can view the specific details of your personalized offers online, including expiry dates as well as other restrictions or offer detail instructions on PCOptimum.ca. Once logged in, please select the "Offers" tab to view your offer items. Clicking on 'View details' will display the details specific to that offer. In-store offer details can be found in the store's weekly flyer.

This is from the transaction....
I know I cannot pursue it further but it is just incorrect.
Why take the time to send this - with this little "lesson" in offers... when they are wrong.
GrrrrrAngry Face

QTY
POINTS OFFERS REDEEMED
200 pts For every $1 spent on Strawberries

200 pts For every $1 spent on Tomatoes

600 pts For every $3 spent on PC Frozen Fruit

200 pts For every $1 spent on Tide Laundry Detergent or Pods
A fan of RFD
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
12521 posts
9745 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
rdiamond1 wrote: Hhhmmmm : I bought six bags of frozen fruit for smoothies... it was a good price $ 3 each and I had an offer... 600 points for every $ 3 worth of frozen fruit.

I don't often put in inquiries but I did... even though it is only 2400 points missing.

I received this back.... unusual since the offer is clearly on the receipt and on the system.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. On review of your in-store and personal offers available at the time of your transaction, we are unable to locate any valid offer for "frozen fruit -600 points per $3 spent". Unfortunately without a valid offer we are unable to award any points for an item.

Please note that you can view the specific details of your personalized offers online, including expiry dates as well as other restrictions or offer detail instructions on PCOptimum.ca. Once logged in, please select the "Offers" tab to view your offer items. Clicking on 'View details' will display the details specific to that offer. In-store offer details can be found in the store's weekly flyer.

Why take the time to send this - with this little "lesson" in offers... when they are wrong.
GrrrrrAngry Face

QTY
POINTS OFFERS REDEEMED

Ya I too am getting frustrated** with the NEW PCO Program in that the Offers just are not as they were in the past (at least at our house)
And we are having to go over everything with a fine tooth comb to make sure we got the points credited
And if anything’s missing... file a Points Inquiry
(Something we now do way too often... vs like 1x or 2x a year for the entire 5 years with PC+)

Fortunately we’ve never gotten one of these
GO AWAY DONT BOTHER US REPLIES... WE ARE RIGHT ... YOU ARE WRONG
PLEASE DONT CONTACT US AGAIN, THE MATTER IS CLOSED

Boilerplate Emails

But I will say that we’ve begun to take screen shots of our weekly offers, as proof that we got them
Cause in some instances, it is the only way to prove after the fact that it was so

** I never thought i’d Say this... being such a strong PC+ / PCO Supporter from the launch in 2013.
PCO needs to wake up. If I am frustrated that’s a real sign that things are not going well for them across the board with their loyal customers
Cause by the time I get irked enough to go... they’ll have lost countless folks ahead of me.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
2972 posts
869 upvotes
Ontario
rdiamond1 wrote: Hhhmmmm : I bought six bags of frozen fruit for smoothies... it was a good price $ 3 each and I had an offer... 600 points for every $ 3 worth of frozen fruit.

GrrrrrAngry Face

QTY
POINTS OFFERS REDEEMED

That's very disturbing and obnoxious of them. Sounds like they just want to get you off their back. It's false to say that they cannot verify offers that have been used. They can see this under "Transactions".
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.9%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
18948 posts
11796 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
PointsHubby wrote: ** I never thought i’d Say this... being such a strong PC+ / PCO Supporter from the launch in 2013.
PCO needs to wake up. If I am frustrated that’s a real sign that things are not going well for them across the board with their loyal customers
Cause by the time I get irked enough to go... they’ll have lost countless folks ahead of me.
Perhaps it's worth a call to their 1-800, ask for a manager, and then explain this to them. I'd do it too, except that I've been travelling a lot this summer and haven't personally had to do a points inquiry since the spring. When I get back to Canada in about a month's time. if I start to experience what others have been reporting I will definitely call to express my disappointment and concern as a long-time loyal customer.

Maybe this is some sort of "tightening" that's related to the reports of points thefts in the past year or so. I know, it doesn't make sense, but maybe it's some bureaucrat's way of telling upper management that they're taking all possible measures to prevent fraud. Sort of like when they stopped allowing points redemptions for gift cards. It may have looked good to upper management but it certainly didn't thwart fraudsters while at the same time pissing off loyal customers.

Let them ignore or dismiss us at their peril.
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)