Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Nov 12, 2012
542 posts
234 upvotes
Port Moody
Jenny1975 wrote: Are points awarded at SDM from personalized offers usually credited to your account immediately? I can't recall. I bought some coffee yesterday and was supposed to get 2x 1,200 points. The points appear on my receipt, but do not appear in the Optimum app or website and the coffee offer is still in my offer list.
Sometimes the total bonus shown for your purchase (or even your grand total points) on the app is correct, but the bonuses don't appear (they aren't broken down). I'd keep an eye on it for a couple of days before doing a points inquiry. And I'd call - don't do it electronically. Ones like these are more complicated, and almost surely will get closed automatically, with a "your points have already been credited" response. Waste of time!
Dec 20, 2016
52 posts
48 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Uh no... I call BS on that Live Chat CSR

Tons of SDM Group Stores are open to midnite... and they give PCO Members the Points for the shopping they do on Wednesday Nights

The Weekly Offers run 12:01 AM Thursday to 11:59 PM Wednesday

This is part of what annoys me about PCO CSRs these days... too many poorly trained people who don’t even know the program they are supposed to be helping out Collectors with
Follow up...called PCO today 1-866-727-6468, identified myself, put in my missing points (only 1200); automated system didn't ask receipt # or date of purchase, etc...after I entered info, I chose to speak to an agent. He indicated that the missing 1200 points had been added, apparently added by the automated system, b/c they weren't there at beginning of call.

I also queried why, following my original online points inquiry, and subsequent re-submission(s), I hadn't rec'd an email acknowledging my inquiries, as is generally my experience, and why I apparently got incorrect info from my 'live chat' yesterday. Did not reall get an answer, and did not press the issue...

Also, the live chat yesterday did resolve my missing SDM 1600 points, so 'live chat' was only a partial failure...
Jun 25, 2018
202 posts
215 upvotes
Southern N.B.
Jenny1975 wrote: Are points awarded at SDM from personalized offers usually credited to your account immediately? I can't recall. I bought some coffee yesterday and was supposed to get 2x 1,200 points. The points appear on my receipt, but do not appear in the Optimum app or website and the coffee offer is still in my offer list.
Catalina26 wrote: Are the points reflected in the total points you have? 2400 plus whatever points you had before buying coffee? If they are reflected then you did receive the points, I’m not sure why they wouldn’t be reflected on the app or website. Does the transaction even show up?

And did you redeem your points to pay for purchase?
Personal offers and base points "should" appear right away on the receipt and "should" appear right away as a line entry under "points" on the PCO website" detailing how many points for what. At least for us in the 5 minutes it takes to get home.

In addition to @Catalina26 asking if the receipt point total includes the additional 2400, have you tried to log out and sign back in on the app and website?

If that does not work and points do not reflect in the total, since the offer is still in your queue, then i would do a points inquiry.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1082 posts
837 upvotes
Halifax
It has to be during a legitimate points use.

My husband thought there was something similar to what the cashier did - used a key ?- to before.
It does not go thru the first time ( error) - let's try it again - it works .

The transaction can only show up once since it is against that one purchase - and 160,000 points would have been GREATER than the purchase of 87 $.

The last time - it showed up on their system and they fixed it quickly.

I find the Points Adjustments and Points Earned show up immediately and are accurate.
A fan of RFD
Nov 12, 2012
542 posts
234 upvotes
Port Moody
pokee99 wrote: Word of caution: I got this promo today too, and I used it online. The promo code worked fine UNTIL I pressed the final confirmation button: the 14,250 bonus points I earned disappeared!

I thought - uh-oh - the promo didn't stick! Ugh! So I called the online CS, and they told me the promo is on the order fine, I just need to wait a month for the points. HUH? A month? There's NOTHING on the promo that says points will be awarded in 4-6 weeks - which is their usual spiel for bonus points that are delayed.

So I asked to speak with a supervisor (I am feeling rather feisty today after having issues on the Canada Post website, so I thought I'd continue my reign of terror!). The supervisor confirmed that the promo code had been applied to the order, but because it was a promotion outside of the website, it would take an additional day or two to process. Interesting. That contradicts what the agent said. He gave me a ticket# and told me to file in inquiry if I hadn't seen the points within a week. Great. Guess that means it's not uncommon for the points to go unposted until you file an inquiry.

I tell yah, if their system cannot stay on top of these bonuses, and you have to file an inquiry for everything, why bother having a system at all? Think about the amount of inquiries we've all had to file! It's ridiculous!

Side note: I am expecting PC insider points for this transaction as well, so I hope they don't try to screw me out of the extra points I am supposed to get. I am allowed to stack until Nov. 20th!!!
Interesting...my Beauty Boutique order shipped today - and the points showed up in my account as a "Points Adjustment". This tells me that all points for transactions using the BEAUTY20X coupon were handled manually OR mine was handled manually because I'd already called and got a ticket number, and others will be dealt with after a points inquiry.

Either way...very confusing!!!
Feb 7, 2018
22 posts
4 upvotes
Update on my missing points. I called today and spoke to a very nice rep who issued me my missing points.
I think in the future I’ll just contact them over the phone if need be.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1082 posts
837 upvotes
Halifax
Tax free day at Atlantic superstore on Saturday. Nintendo switches, TVs advertised on lady page of flyer
A fan of RFD
Aug 11, 2014
220 posts
120 upvotes
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but... how the heck do I sign up for Shoppers Drug Mart email offers? I've looked at their website 10 times over and still can't find a link or something? I'm signed up to their SMS offers but can't find how to sign up for email offers. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1082 posts
837 upvotes
Halifax
On the Double Withdrawal - second time this month...

Heard from them today but because of the amount ( the first time it was only 40,000 points ) it has to go to another department.
I just wish they would fix it.

Thank you for contacting PC Optimum Member Care.

First and foremost, I do apologize for the system error that has occurred during your transaction.

I have reviewed your account but unfortunalty, I do have to send it to another department to have that amount of points added back to your account.

Once again, I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

The process should only take approximately 24 hours to have them add the 80,000 points back.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back with any questions or concerns you m,ay have we are more than happy to assist you.

It’s been a pleasure to assist you today. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

We kindly ask that you do not delete or change the reference number in the subject line of this email.

A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1695 posts
1527 upvotes
GTA
Frank510 wrote: Monday email.
7,500 when you buy a $50 Ultimate Dining GC
October 1st-7th

http://image.e.shoppersdrugmart.ca/lib/ ... k40-SE.PDF
If you purchased $50 Gift Card at SDM beginning of October ... and wondered what happened to the coupon code that was not instantly applied:

Oct 25th
7,500 Points Adjustment

Posted in my account late tonight (EST) ... finally!!

So check your account ... If you haven't already done so :)
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11693 posts
1894 upvotes
Mississauga
mzmoney wrote: If you purchased $50 Gift Card at SDM beginning of October ... and wondered what happened to the coupon code that was not instantly applied:

Oct 25th
7,500 Points Adjustment

Posted in my account late tonight (EST) ... finally!!

So check your account ... If you haven't already done so :)
Yep, I got that too last night. Totally forgot about that promo!
Dec 27, 2016
675 posts
857 upvotes
3express wrote: Sorry if this is a stupid question, but... how the heck do I sign up for Shoppers Drug Mart email offers? I've looked at their website 10 times over and still can't find a link or something? I'm signed up to their SMS offers but can't find how to sign up for email offers. Thanks.
I get them but I’m pretty sure I signed up under the old SDM Optimum program. I believe others have mentioned there doesn’t seem to be a way to sign up now. @PointsHubby may be able to help??
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
12541 posts
9769 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
3express wrote: Sorry if this is a stupid question, but... how the heck do I sign up for Shoppers Drug Mart email offers? I've looked at their website 10 times over and still can't find a link or something? I'm signed up to their SMS offers but can't find how to sign up for email offers. Thanks.
Frank510 wrote: I get them but I’m pretty sure I signed up under the old SDM Optimum program. I believe others have mentioned there doesn’t seem to be a way to sign up now. @PointsHubby may be able to help??
I too am grandfathered in to the Newsletter / Emails via the OLD Shoppers Optimum Program
Not 100% sure how one goes about signing up now... but I imagine it’s possible some way

What I have found is this SDM Website Page, which summarizes a lot of info I get by email
https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/pco ... ore-offers

Not personalized or drops magically into your mailbox
But it essentially does the same thing...
Tells you what Instore Offers are on now
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
6884 posts
2900 upvotes
email signup is under Account --> Settings --> electronic communication (click on the pencil icon to edit)
email.jpg
May 13, 2017
88 posts
125 upvotes
Ontario
I haven't seen this mentioned here yet, but if you are not signed up for text alerts and deals, this weekend is a good time to do so.

From the upcoming SDM flyer:

Get mobile exclusive deals and alerts from Shoppers Drug Mart

Text JOIN to 736898

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)