Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
7610 posts
3017 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote: -20x pts when you spend $40+
-SDMTEXT: $10 when you spend $40+

Do they not stack? If not then why the hell would i get a worse offer the same day I get a usual one.
They don't stack. Commonly you get offers for two different amounts; it's just luck that you got two for the same amount.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10517 posts
1749 upvotes
Toronto
lecale wrote: They don't stack. Commonly you get offers for two different amounts; it's just luck that you got two for the same amount.
Not really the same amount cause I’m gonna use it today. 20x will get me 14,997 and the other 10,000pts

Read the text offer and it says you will receive whatever offer is best. Funny enough this is the second time I’ve gotten this type of thing.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1943 posts
1782 upvotes
GTA
XtremeModder wrote:
So, I’m guessing these don’t stack but I have the following 2 offers:

-20x pt when you spend $40+
-SDMTEXT: $10 when you spend $40+

Do they not stack? If not then why the hell would i get a worse offer the same day I get a usual one.
The best is when you get 2 different product offers and they apply both!

Screenshot both if you want to be sure they award you the best offer, and need proof for later.

It seems since I have joined RFD, my screenshots have increased 20x lol

Oh yeah, this is the PCO Discussion vs Air Miles 2018 thread :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
7610 posts
3017 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote: Not really the same amount cause I’m gonna use it today. 20x will get me 14,997 and the other 10,000pts

Read the text offer and it says you will receive whatever offer is best. Funny enough this is the second time I’ve gotten this type of thing.
The algorithm picks a spending threshold based on your spending pattern so it's actually quite common to come up with a pair of offers like this. Unfortunately.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10517 posts
1749 upvotes
Toronto
lecale wrote: The algorithm picks a spending threshold based on your spending pattern so it's actually quite common to come up with a pair of offers like this. Unfortunately.
Thought it had something to do with that. After this 20x pts (which I seem to get on a weekly basis now) I am done with SDM and their more expensive items for awhile I think. The stuff I purchased adds up, however wasn't much more if it all compared to other places. During all these 20x pts in the last 2-3 months I picked up an electric shaver, philips water/air flosser, XBOX One controller for my pc (getting another one today for my cousin) and probably something else, I'm almost @ $200 in pts roughly 3-5 months.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1943 posts
1782 upvotes
GTA
mself084 wrote: Thanks all! Appreciate the support and advice.

Re: me being patient... I definitely agree, but I'm getting to the end of my rope. 5-7 business days is my last ditch effort to let this resolve itself. If nothing by then Ill raise some hell Slightly Smiling Face

Realistically 150,000 points is the minimum I'll accept as a result of their delays. Should I aim a bit higher? Any experience?
Sorry for your issues @mself084 ... and I have not read complete thread, so if my #1 to #3 have already been discussed, you can ignore my duplicate advice :)

I can't speak to PC, as to what they may offer. However, from a negotiating perspective, you have a lot of leverage given your situation with a HUGE amount of missing points and missed opportunities.

1. Speak to a Manager to get your missing points back asap ... or at this point, can you send an email to the top/Senior Management, documenting the issue with # of calls, dates, time spent, names of people you spoke with, etc?

2. Once points are confirmed to be returned, at that point, I would talk about missed opportunities ... or if in email, I would strongly suggest at the end, that PCO is able to provide a win-win solution (over and above the missing points which are rightfully yours) for a loyal customer, such as yourself

3. Once in the process of being resolved, it's better to see what they will offer, provided you are able to chat with someone that has the ability and wants to keep a loyal customer

Guessing PCO doesn't have a Loyalty Department? May be this is something they need.

ie. if you throw out a number first, they may have been willing to give you more, so at this point, why not shoot for the stars!!


Hope this finally gets resolved for you @mself084 :)
Sr. Member
May 31, 2008
883 posts
421 upvotes
Toronto
does sdm still not round?
so if i got 39.98- i wont hit the 20x the point for spending $40 or the get 10k for spending $40 (ya i know i wont get both).
whats the cheapest filler?
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10517 posts
1749 upvotes
Toronto
submalst wrote: does sdm still not round?
so if i got 39.98- i wont hit the 20x the point for spending $40 or the get 10k for spending $40 (ya i know i wont get both).
whats the cheapest filler?
Not sure but funny enough I had this exact same thing happen to me, came to $74.xx, I went on their chat and as a 'one-time' thing they gave me 20x anyways.

@mself084 should just do the live chat option and see what happens.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
7610 posts
3017 upvotes
submalst wrote: does sdm still not round?
so if i got 39.98- i wont hit the 20x the point for spending $40 or the get 10k for spending $40 (ya i know i wont get both).
whats the cheapest filler?
Usually there are Kleenex pocket packs at the till but if you plan ahead grab a $.69 or so box of Royale tissue or No Name paper towels from the back of the store. Usually chocolate milk is around $1 too. Otherwise: can of cat food; can of Campbell's condensed soup; box of No Name mac & cheese should all be under $1.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 9, 2007
3923 posts
422 upvotes
mzmoney wrote:
Sorry for your issues @mself084 ... and I have not read complete thread, so if my #1 to #3 have already been discussed, you can ignore my duplicate advice :)

I can't speak to PC, as to what they may offer. However, from a negotiating perspective, you have a lot of leverage given your situation with a HUGE amount of missing points and missed opportunities.

1. Speak to a Manager to get your missing points back asap ... or at this point, can you send an email to the top/Senior Management, documenting the issue with # of calls, dates, time spent, names of people you spoke with, etc?

2. Once points are confirmed to be returned, at that point, I would talk about missed opportunities ... or if in email, I would strongly suggest at the end, that PCO is able to provide a win-win solution (over and above the missing points which are rightfully yours) for a loyal customer, such as yourself

3. Once in the process of being resolved, it's better to see what they will offer, provided you are able to chat with someone that has the ability and wants to keep a loyal customer

Guessing PCO doesn't have a Loyalty Department? May be this is something they need.

ie. if you throw out a number first, they may have been willing to give you more, so at this point, why not shoot for the stars!!


Hope this finally gets resolved for you @mself084 :)
Thanks! Appreciate the post :)

For #1... I've spoken to a supervisor (see update from yesterday). She was helpful/understanding, said she'd keep my file on her desk and follow it personally, try a few backdoor tricks with fraud dept. If anyone has an email for someone higher up I'd love to have it.

I'll see what "bonus" points I can get. As I said, minimum 150k for the missed redemption on the weekend.

XtremeModder wrote: Not sure but funny enough I had this exact same thing happen to me, came to $74.xx, I went on their chat and as a 'one-time' thing they gave me 20x anyways.

@mself084 should just do the live chat option and see what happens.
I've tried live chat... about 5-6 times? They're not able to do much - they check the ticket #, apologize, and say it's still in progress. Live chat is great for smaller points inquiries, not 850,000 (IMO) :)
Proud member of SENS Army
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10517 posts
1749 upvotes
Toronto
mself084 wrote: Thanks! Appreciate the post :)

For #1... I've spoken to a supervisor (see update from yesterday). She was helpful/understanding, said she'd keep my file on her desk and follow it personally, try a few backdoor tricks with fraud dept. If anyone has an email for someone higher up I'd love to have it.

I'll see what "bonus" points I can get. As I said, minimum 150k for the missed redemption on the weekend.




I've tried live chat... about 5-6 times? They're not able to do much - they check the ticket #, apologize, and say it's still in progress. Live chat is great for smaller points inquiries, not 850,000 (IMO) :)
Interesting, they gave me double the points which worked out to $80 in total when I inquired one time about 41,700pts received on one purchase, they just threw another 41,700 at me like it was nothing haha.

Good luck with getting your pts, I would be pretty mad myself if that happened to me.
Newbie
User avatar
Jun 11, 2013
1 posts
Hey guys!

Has anyone been able to buy Google Play gift cards with PC Points? I have almost 200 bucks worth of PC points but I don't care about spending it on food. I wanna buy something I wouldn't normally buy such as google play gift card :)
Member
Mar 7, 2011
338 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
sorry if it has been asked before - I didn't immediately found the information and google search didn't give me a result. for Shoppers 20x event, would any purchases made on a Shoppers Gift card give points as well? - ex. $100 remaining in the Shoppers gift card. Bought $100 worth of stuff. My total would be $113. Use $100 on the card, $13 on cash for tax. Would I get back 30,000 in points or nothing?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
7610 posts
3017 upvotes
jujojoh wrote: sorry if it has been asked before - I didn't immediately found the information and google search didn't give me a result. for Shoppers 20x event, would any purchases made on a Shoppers Gift card give points as well? - ex. $100 remaining in the Shoppers gift card. Bought $100 worth of stuff. My total would be $113. Use $100 on the card, $13 on cash for tax. Would I get back 30,000 in points or nothing?
Gift card counts as cashlike tender so you would get the 30k
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11553 posts
10529 upvotes
PCF has a new web interface for the MC. I login this morning. It asked me to create my account again and change my password.
Good news: I can see the amount of pts for each transaction instead of a lump sum with multiple transaction.
Bad News: One thing stands out is the pts/$1 spent at Mobil station using my PC WE MC. It is only 1x and not 3x when Loblaws was running the station. i.e. since Mobil is not a Loblaws group of stores, I get 1x instead of 3x now.
Since I continue to get the double pts/L using my PC WE MC, I assumed that I will get the 3x PCO per $1 spent at Mobil. I was wrong. This will change my decision to buy gas exclusively at RCSS Mobil station.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)