Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7604 posts
3858 upvotes
Alberta
Anyone have this happen before? I had a SDM 20x milk offer last week. I bought 2 4L jugs of milk on Wednesday and my PCO card was scanned and I paid with my PCFWE. When I got home my receipt said that if I had used my PCO card I would have received 135 pts. The purchase gave me no points on the receipt. I log into my account and it shows 2565 pts for the 20x milk along with 705 pts of in store offers. Strange, I wonder where the 705 pts came from. I only bought the milk.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4089 posts
973 upvotes
Sometimes the stores have their own special extra points offer.
signature closed for renovation
Nov 21, 2016
49 posts
3 upvotes
Dumb question, but if I go to a 24HR shoppers at 12:01AM (Saturday morning) will the 20X the points be kicked in?
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2510 posts
930 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Ottawanian wrote: Dumb question, but if I go to a 24HR shoppers at 12:01AM (Saturday morning) will the 20X the points be kicked in?
If it's for Saturday? Makes sense. Why not? I'd wait a few more minutes though, like 12:10am. It's hard to be exactly the same when you're manually setting time.
So let it be e-mailed...so let it be done!
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1182 posts
1655 upvotes
Toronto
riwy1110 wrote: Hi guys I was wondering if the 20x points event on Saturday will stack with my in app offer for 10,000 bonus points per 50$ spent ..and if they do how would it stack? Sorry and thank you I'm new to this optimum point thing !
The two offers will not stack. They are both “When You Spend” offers, so they will not stack, it’s either or, whichever offer gives you more points is the one that the system will award.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14570 posts
3905 upvotes
Had a nice experience at Shoppers today. Miscalculated and was just shy of the $75, and even though there was a sign saying no returns on the 26th and 27th, the cashier let us rebuy everything to hit the threshold.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4089 posts
713 upvotes
Richmond
User633654 wrote: I'm also dealing with this bizarre situation right now for the Breyers 5000 points when you spend $10 RCSS West flyer offer. The languaging was a little different in the email I received on Christmas Day(!)
"If you could kindly provide a screenshot of the receipt, we would be happy to investigate this matter to ensure that you receive the PC Optimum points earned to which you are entitled."
I intended to do a scan of it tomorrow morning at work. (It's over 11" long, and taking a picture that is legible seems difficult). Then they send me another one today:
"Just a friendly reminder that we have responded to your inquiry and have not heard back.
If you have not received our response, we kindly ask that you check your junk folder and add us to your safe list.
If you have not received our initial response, please contact us at 1-866-727-6468 and reference 03761773 so we can help. "
It's ridiculous that the people working there can't just pull it up themselves. After all, they have a reference number with the transaction date automatically entered when you do the inquiry through the app.
So the CODE at the bottom is really what they need (not the one below the barcode)?
yeah, that's what I was told by a rep that's what they wanted back in the pc plus days when I did an email points inquiry . I assume it's the same in the pco days, i've done a number of points inquiries with pco since then using tnt receipts and I've almost always gotten the points manually added. If you are doing it in the app in the specific problem transaction, I found they never requested it from me.
I also posted the information they need in the op.

Quick update:
Looks like my experiment with T&T receipts worked out nicely. The only caveat is, try to do your T&T points inquiry the day you buy the items you have an offer for. I did one of mine on Wed and I didn't get anything credited. If I do the points inquiry for anything bought Saturday/Friday/Sunday ASAP, my points inquiry have been getting me the points.

;) It's a little hassle but I'm getting my points.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4517 posts
2729 upvotes
Vancouver
XOMTOR wrote: Anyone know if PC gift cards are redeemable at Shoppers Drug Mart? Card says "Redeemable at Loblaw Company stores" but at the bottom, where it displays the valid location logos, Shoppers isn't shown. Confusing and Google seems to be failing me today.
Nope. Nor can you redeem them at Holt Renfrew or Selfridges in London. I don't think you can redeem at T and T either.

Ron.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1117 posts
883 upvotes
Halifax
A note on a points inquiry from today (digital offer )
Went thru super fast - 6 hours.

On PC Italian Soda I had though it would be 1,800 points as I purchased 6 bottles at 1.49 $ each and it "normally " rounds up.

Two things....
The offer disappeared from the digital offers ( as expected)

The offer for the Italian pop was "For every $3 spend recived 600 pts, your spend on this item was $8.94 which is rounded down to $6.00 purchase which entitles you to 1,200 pts.

So I am thinking that if an offer is submitted that it may be up to the discretion of the person evaluating the inquiry if it goes up or down.
Maybe?
A fan of RFD
Deal Guru
Jul 17, 2008
10769 posts
3471 upvotes
I am not getting the 3% on my PC World Elite card at Mobil stations.

Getting 70pts/L but only the 1% equivalent in pts for the total amount. It's suppose to be 3% right?

I also only got 1% on pctravel when I booked an airline ticket.

I called in and they said for mobil it's only suppose to be the 70pts, nothing else. I don't buy what this agent said. Then for the airline ticket that it can take 2 months for the other 2% to be awarded.
Oct 14, 2014
598 posts
485 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Here’s a fun possible stack of offers... being a PC Insider member I get 20% points on diapers already, plus I somehow have the attached 3 offers in my app. Will be testing it in an hour or so. If I bought Pampers swaddlers or cruisers, I may get them for pretty much free.
Images
  • D25B6C35-6E6B-4432-9400-67AAEB99E7DB.jpeg
  • 78C996C2-77F0-4DA8-9862-1B3B1503E7CA.jpeg
Nov 13, 2017
332 posts
193 upvotes
British Columbia
lefroset wrote: Here’s a fun possible stack of offers... being a PC Insider member I get 20% points on diapers already, plus I somehow have the attached 3 offers in my app. Will be testing it in an hour or so. If I bought Pampers swaddlers or cruisers, I may get them for pretty much free.
I think Pampers also has "Buy two get $10 off" coupons. You'll be making money from buying those dippers if they all stack.
Good luck Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Oct 14, 2014
598 posts
485 upvotes
Southern Ontario
DGSSSG wrote: I think Pampers also has "Buy two get $10 off" coupons. You'll be making money from buying those dippers if they all stack.
Thanks, will look for that
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2510 posts
930 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Messerschmitt wrote: I am not getting the 3% on my PC World Elite card at Mobil stations.

Getting 70pts/L but only the 1% equivalent in pts for the total amount. It's suppose to be 3% right?

I called in and they said for mobil it's only suppose to be the 70pts, nothing else.
This changed not so long ago. This post was the first one about it as I recall: pc-optimum-discussion-thread-formerly-p ... #p30180072

@embguy knows a lot about this, more than me for sure. But if you start at that post and continue, you'll see a bit of other discussion. Hubby also gets the 70 points per litre. It's the points per dollar that changed.
So let it be e-mailed...so let it be done!
Oct 14, 2014
598 posts
485 upvotes
Southern Ontario
DGSSSG wrote: I think Pampers also has "Buy two get $10 off" coupons. You'll be making money from buying those dippers if they all stack.
Wow it really happened.. they all stacked. There’s a little bit of a shortfall on the second offer on the screenshot, but I probably won’t stress about that. Ended up paying net $3 for 4 boxes of diapers.

All that said, I've been reminded of the lesson that no matter how good an opportunity looks (and is), there are often ways to make it better.

- I only used 1 coupon instead of 2
- I didn't think to take advantage of the $20 Masterpass discount for online orders over $100
Images
  • 69A66933-7E6E-4B85-A253-D02283F9CB16.jpeg
  • 3A5E7237-5C08-4009-B386-FDCCACAB8CD3.jpeg
Last edited by lefroset on Dec 29th, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.