Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1163 posts
1636 upvotes
Toronto
lefroset wrote: Wow it really happened.. they all stacked. There’s a little bit of a shortfall on the second offer on the screenshot, but I probably won’t stress about that. Ended up paying net $3 for 4 boxes of diapers.
You only found one coupon? Or they only let you use one ?

Regardless, that is superb that you almost got free diapers.
Oct 14, 2014
593 posts
484 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Catalina26 wrote: You only found one coupon? Or they only let you use one ?

Regardless, that is superb that you almost got free diapers.
There was a whole bundle of coupons at the front of the store, but the coupon says only one per purchase. I didn't try using more than one.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1163 posts
1636 upvotes
Toronto
lefroset wrote: There was a whole bundle of coupons at the front of the store, but the coupon says only one per purchase. I didn't try using more than one.
One per purchase is different from one per customer and one per transaction.

You could have used two coupons since you purchased 4 boxes in one transaction. But, either way happy for you and your almost free diapers. And thank you for sharing that the offers did stack.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1183 posts
576 upvotes
Catalina26 wrote: One per purchase is different from one per customer and one per transaction.
How do you explain this to cashiers? I've had them LITERALLY make 10 purchases for me because they're like I have to process these separately...
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
2191 posts
1063 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: I am not getting the 3% on my PC World Elite card at Mobil stations.

Getting 70pts/L but only the 1% equivalent in pts for the total amount. It's suppose to be 3% right?

I also only got 1% on pctravel when I booked an airline ticket.

I called in and they said for mobil it's only suppose to be the 70pts, nothing else. I don't buy what this agent said. Then for the airline ticket that it can take 2 months for the other 2% to be awarded.
Mobil is not owned by Loblaw any more. So 1% is correct.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1163 posts
1636 upvotes
Toronto
SignedA wrote: How do you explain this to cashiers? I've had them LITERALLY make 10 purchases for me because they're like I have to process these separately...
It used to happen to me at Walmart, so I used to put one coupon on top of the products I was using coupons on and say to them, this is one purchase, this is another purchase etc and this whole thing is one transaction. If they didn’t get it then, I showed them other coupons with different wording than the one I was using. Not all coupons have the same wording so I used that as an example. If they still refused I would ask for a manager, and I usually always got the “we will do it for you this time.” The times I would be denied, I would leave the products and go somewhere else.

It becomes a problem when you have app offers and you can only do in one transaction, then splitting into 10 transactions is not an option.

I tend to stick to my home shops and since they know I’m trouble ( never shop without a coupon), they accommodate for me ie open another register just so I don’t hold up the line lol

I had a problem the other day with a $14 coupon I was using on a product that was $14.99. The new cashier was adamant that I could not use the coupon because then I would get the product almost free. After some talk, she had to call the head cashier. I didn’t have to explain or say anything, (head cashier knows me). But even after the head cashier told her it was ok and that she would explain later, she was still mumbling under her breath that it was not right I was getting things close to free, I was also using other coupons that were more than the product price.

If i cannot afford to break transactions up, I always come back later on the day when I know the regulars will be working. I understand not everyone can do this, but my shoppers is like a two minute walk from me and Loblaws is a 5 min walk.
Oct 8, 2015
8 posts
1 upvote
Kitchener, ON
New parent here. How does price matching diapers work at superstore? Can I price match using Walmart prices and use the pampers offer in the app?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1183 posts
576 upvotes
Catalina26 wrote: It used to happen to me at Walmart, so I used to put one coupon on top of the products I was using coupons on and say to them, this is one purchase, this is another purchase etc and this whole thing is one transaction. If they didn’t get it then, I showed them other coupons with different wording than the one I was using. Not all coupons have the same wording so I used that as an example. If they still refused I would ask for a manager, and I usually always got the “we will do it for you this time.” The times I would be denied, I would leave the products and go somewhere else.

It becomes a problem when you have app offers and you can only do in one transaction, then splitting into 10 transactions is not an option.

I tend to stick to my home shops and since they know I’m trouble ( never shop without a coupon), they accommodate for me ie open another register just so I don’t hold up the line lol

I had a problem the other day with a $14 coupon I was using on a product that was $14.99. The new cashier was adamant that I could not use the coupon because then I would get the product almost free. After some talk, she had to call the head cashier. I didn’t have to explain or say anything, (head cashier knows me). But even after the head cashier told her it was ok and that she would explain later, she was still mumbling under her breath that it was not right I was getting things close to free, I was also using other coupons that were more than the product price.

If i cannot afford to break transactions up, I always come back later on the day when I know the regulars will be working. I understand not everyone can do this, but my shoppers is like a two minute walk from me and Loblaws is a 5 min walk.
Luckyyyy I always get cashiers with attitude... I had a shoppers person tell me I can' use a $2 coupon on something that's 1.99 (I've done it previously at this shoppers, just a stupid cashier) legit so annoying - ah well

Also how do you have so many coupons? What's your secret? There's a few I use regularly when they're available/I have time but otherwise I don't think I've used a coupon in months.
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone
Oct 7, 2013
517 posts
243 upvotes
Catalina26 wrote: If they don't get it I ask for a manager, and I usually always got the “we will do it for you this time.” The times I would be denied, I leave the products and go somewhere else.

Good for you!!

My kind of RFD'er!

Boom!!
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1163 posts
1636 upvotes
Toronto
SignedA wrote: Luckyyyy I always get cashiers with attitude... I had a shoppers person tell me I can' use a $2 coupon on something that's 1.99 (I've done it previously at this shoppers, just a stupid cashier) legit so annoying - ah well

Also how do you have so many coupons? What's your secret? There's a few I use regularly when they're available/I have time but otherwise I don't think I've used a coupon in months.
I get coupons from Shoppers, Loblaws, Fortinos and Rexall. The Smartsource tear pads come out about every three months. Every time I shop I take at most 5 of each that I need and I get my mother and brothers involved. I’m more interested in diapers and beauty product coupons, because those are the things I stock up on. I also trade for the ones others get in other provinces lol
unclefester wrote: Good for you!!

My kind of RFD'er!

Boom!!
Lol I get aggravated when cashiers fight me for using a coupon
Deal Guru
Jul 17, 2008
10453 posts
3127 upvotes
TheHans wrote: This changed not so long ago. This post was the first one about it as I recall: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/pc-optim ... #p30180072

@embguy knows a lot about this, more than me for sure. But if you start at that post and continue, you'll see a bit of other discussion. Hubby also gets the 70 points per litre. It's the points per dollar that changed.
Yea this sucks now.

Any MC that offers 4% on gas? I think it's now a better alternative to buy gas from costco than from RCSS/new Mobil now. 7c/L off + 3% was unbeatable. Now, especially in BC with petrol at 135, the difference between 1% and 4% while my local costco is usually 4-5c lower (but not lower than 7c that Mobil gives in points), might give me a better return.

But right now I'm only aware of Visa's that give 4% at petrol stations. Any MC's out there to be used at Costco? (4c + 4% it's better than 7c + 1% I believe)
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2503 posts
919 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Catalina26 wrote: Not all coupons have the same wording so I used that as an example. If they still refused I would ask for a manager, and I usually always got the “we will do it for you this time.”
LOL -- hubby had this happen just yesterday at a local pharmacy. They had Systane on sale and we had a $2-off coupon and the cashier was like "oh, you can have one or the other because the company told us not to accept coupons on their sales items." Seriously? If she has the ear of higher-ups in a major company, I wonder why she's a cashier at a small-town pharmacy? Ah, living the simple life...

Anyway, he then got the "we'll do it for you this time" and he got the sale price and he used the coupon. He tried to grab a store calendar on his way out and she cautioned him just to take one. Haha, she showed him. :-)
So let it be e-mailed...so let it be done!
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2503 posts
919 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Messerschmitt wrote: Yea this sucks now.

Any MC that offers 4% on gas? I think it's now a better alternative to buy gas from costco than from RCSS/new Mobil now. 7c/L off + 3% was unbeatable. Now, especially in BC with petrol at 135, the difference between 1% and 4% while my local costco is usually 4-5c lower (but not lower than 7c that Mobil gives in points), might give me a better return.
As I understand it from others on here, the 70 points per litre was not Canada-wide when these gas bars weren't branded as Mobil. So I figured we were a bit lucky in the first place. I don't know if Costco's better as there's some flexibility on the value depending on the price of gas. For instance, where I am more in the interior, the gas is $1.14
So let it be e-mailed...so let it be done!
Nov 13, 2005
115 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
lecale wrote: You'll get 38,800 pts because there is a limit of 99X the offer in the cash registers which affects the 200 pts/$1 offer which you want to use 100X. if you want the final 200 pts you will have to do a pts inquiry.
10 days later, i never received any email nor any points. I called and that CSR told me that their back office insisted that i received all the points offered to me already. It is amazing that somebody in their back office does not know their own rules. I forgot who i talked to last time but it was the same rude voice (i said that because all the other CSR i talked to had courtesy). I will try to return the scallops if i can because there are a lot of restrictions at the store that i usually shop at. Such as i was told i could only return frozen food items in 1 day, return in 14 days means today plus 13 days, no raincheck on produces, no raincheck for lobsters....
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1163 posts
1636 upvotes
Toronto
Noidea1 wrote: New parent here. How does price matching diapers work at superstore? Can I price match using Walmart prices and use the pampers offer in the app?
Not all stores price match the same stores. Check your list of stores that your RCSS price matches and compare prices. You can use the offers in the app as well as coupons along with the price match and sometimes, stores have instore points that stack as well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)