Expired Hot Deals

[PC Optimum] Get 25,000 PC Optimum points when you sign up for a PC Insiders annual subscription

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2019 8:27 pm
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
16581 posts
3685 upvotes
Toronto
Ecsta wrote: When i signed up for the 50,000 points offer (included $50 off) i never got my points. I had to email support weekly for more than a month and reply rudely before they even answered me. So keep that in mind if your points don't automatically post be prepared to harass them constantly. I even had the offer show up in my app.

The worst part is i've found very little value in the PC Insiders program. That free gift? Yeah that never happened.. I guess i'll still have to make use of that $99 travel credit, which means i'll come out ahead, but man that customer service really annoyed the hell out of me.
If you only spent $50 to join the program last year, that's less points that you have to earn to "break even", if you do not use the credit.
Study what's in this program and spend at PC-branded stores for the rest of the year. Even if you don't have children, you could be shopping at Joe Fresh or buying PC Organic items for the bonus points through the Insiders program.
Images
  • PC Insiders Points.jpg
RedFlagDeals addict
Newbie
Jul 28, 2009
93 posts
117 upvotes
Surrey
PC travel $99 credit is a joke. Their agent are rude!

good luck try to get them to price match.
Sr. Member
Apr 7, 2019
549 posts
697 upvotes
Program is good if you can make use of it. My family goes through 2 packets of 4L milk ( $8.99 each) per week and this alone saves me $187/year through PC insider.
Newbie
Nov 2, 2019
1 posts
Just signed up for the PC insiders. Anyone know when the 25,000 points will be added? I read that it takes 30 days to make sure you don’t cancel the membership.
Just checking to see if anyone has signed up, waited the 30 days and received the points?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 1, 2001
577 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
Does it give you bonus at PC branded stores? I thought only PC branded product
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
16143 posts
5422 upvotes
Annual subscription $99/year
Is it 2/3 better then Costco?
In Japan, the hand can be used like a knife.
But this method doesn't work with a tomato...
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
4590 posts
1277 upvotes
tokyokam88 wrote: PC travel $99 credit is a joke. Their agent are rude!

good luck try to get them to price match.
Checked their website and called in. Rep put me on hold and I hung up after 10 min. Did find their website to be that user friendly and hotel prices seem high.
I thought I can at least use the $99 credit but seemed to be too work effort to get true $99 value.
May take another closer look.
Jr. Member
Feb 13, 2017
152 posts
63 upvotes
For those saying it’s good for diapers, is that when they are on sale? Aren’t they still very expensive when on sale at SDM?

Asking bc we are expecting and based on past experience I always just subscribe and save on amazon (prime) to get 20% off. Can’t really be bothered to look for sales and price match, and they come to my door. However if you actually save with the insiders program I can look into it.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1806 posts
888 upvotes
Arias1619 wrote: For those saying it’s good for diapers, is that when they are on sale? Aren’t they still very expensive when on sale at SDM?

Asking bc we are expecting and based on past experience I always just subscribe and save on amazon (prime) to get 20% off. Can’t really be bothered to look for sales and price match, and they come to my door. However if you actually save with the insiders program I can look into it.
You can buy from all loblaws brand stores, not just shoppers. Usually loblaws or rcss is cheapest where you can stack 3-4 promos together. Remember you are getting incremental of 20% so you can still get them cheap at sales just not as cheap.

If you have loblaws or rcss close to your home then it is worth it since you will be randomly collecting points here and there. Other wise, I would say 'meh' if I had to pay $75 / year for it, even with a baby.

Maybe if you did formula as well... Would be good.

I got mine for free last year, didn't extend.
Member
User avatar
Jan 2, 2015
421 posts
387 upvotes
Montréal area
isd9999 wrote: i signed up last year when they gave you the money back in points.
Service at the store is good.
Service when you call into customer service is terrible.
demon1102 wrote: Couldn't agree more. Their call center is terrible.
DaVibe wrote: What are you guys calling about so much? Lol
I've never called anyone

This is a points program. Earn points!

In terms of the deal, I'm hoping you can 50k instead of $25. I'd wait and see IMO.
I shop at Maxi and there's a price match program.
You are supposed to send a form and receive an answer after 2 to 4 days.

Since like 6 months time, they price match but don't send email anymore. You have to check your credit card and try not to forget it.

Since 2 months, they don't even send an email when they refuse the pricematch.

My last pickyp was on october 21, I send the form the day after.
It's been 2 weeks. Had to wait 40min to get someone on the phone yestarday.
They told me why it was denied and that they don't have time to send email anymore.

They denied all the submitted pricematch and the fact that I didn't receive an item that I paid for.

All price match were good but they choose to not apply some price match because they don't understand how prices can be written in Quebec.
ie :
example 1 :
2 for 3$ = 1.50$ each

example 2 :
2 for 3 $ (1 = 2$), means that if you take one, you pay 2$

I'm supposed to renew in december. They can forget about me if the time I gain is lost calling them and haggle them. All these price match are accepted in store, because stores from Qc know how pricing works in Qc.
Sr. Member
Apr 7, 2019
549 posts
697 upvotes
Arias1619 wrote: For those saying it’s good for diapers, is that when they are on sale? Aren’t they still very expensive when on sale at SDM?

Asking bc we are expecting and based on past experience I always just subscribe and save on amazon (prime) to get 20% off. Can’t really be bothered to look for sales and price match, and they come to my door. However if you actually save with the insiders program I can look into it.
You buy when they are on sale and then stack coupons. Pamper diapers are on $26ish ( real price $32) on sale. You can stack coupons on $26 and then get another 20% off with PC insiders. Just an example.
Jr. Member
Feb 13, 2017
152 posts
63 upvotes
This makes sense, I thought that you only earn the points on baby products at SDM. It will be a hassle to find sale prices especially for the same size box as RCSS tends to have their own size boxes (I think it’s called club), but it seems to be worth it. Will sign up.

Thanks OP.
mr2711 wrote: You buy when they are on sale and then stack coupons. Pamper diapers are on $26ish ( real price $32) on sale. You can stack coupons on $26 and then get another 20% off with PC insiders. Just an example.
Jr. Member
Feb 13, 2017
152 posts
63 upvotes
This explains it. Thank you.
slimysnot wrote: You can buy from all loblaws brand stores, not just shoppers. Usually loblaws or rcss is cheapest where you can stack 3-4 promos together. Remember you are getting incremental of 20% so you can still get them cheap at sales just not as cheap.

If you have loblaws or rcss close to your home then it is worth it since you will be randomly collecting points here and there. Other wise, I would say 'meh' if I had to pay $75 / year for it, even with a baby.

Maybe if you did formula as well... Would be good.

I got mine for free last year, didn't extend.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
16581 posts
3685 upvotes
Toronto
secretliar wrote: I shop at Maxi and there's a price match program.
You are supposed to send a form and receive an answer after 2 to 4 days.

Since like 6 months time, they price match but don't send email anymore. You have to check your credit card and try not to forget it.

Since 2 months, they don't even send an email when they refuse the pricematch.

My last pickyp was on october 21, I send the form the day after.
It's been 2 weeks. Had to wait 40min to get someone on the phone yestarday.
They told me why it was denied and that they don't have time to send email anymore.

They denied all the submitted pricematch and the fact that I didn't receive an item that I paid for.

All price match were good but they choose to not apply some price match because they don't understand how prices can be written in Quebec.
ie :
example 1 :
2 for 3$ = 1.50$ each

example 2 :
2 for 3 $ (1 = 2$), means that if you take one, you pay 2$

I'm supposed to renew in december. They can forget about me if the time I gain is lost calling them and haggle them. All these price match are accepted in store, because stores from Qc know how pricing works in Qc.
Why don't you just price match at the time of pick-up? I do that and avoid all those headaches.
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
16581 posts
3685 upvotes
Toronto
I've never bought a single pack of diapers at SDM, ever. Some people found an advantage with bonus redemptions or 20x / 40x (random error) but otherwise those items are better at Loblaws / Superstore because of the larger boxes.

Many items like food or diaper rash cream are the same across the board (versus Walmart) so you might as well get it from the Loblaws stores for the extra 20%.
RedFlagDeals addict

Top