Expired Hot Deals

[PC Optimum] Get 25,000 PC Optimum points when you sign up for a PC Insiders annual subscription

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2019 8:27 pm
Jun 7, 2011
243 posts
207 upvotes
Orangeville
I have a membership (Got it for $50 last Dec promo). I never buy diapers through Loblaws because amazon family is still cheaper. Bigger boxes with lower $/diaper and 20% off instead of 20% back in points.

The 20% back on PC Organics, Joe Fresh, and occasionally Black Label is where the real deals are.

We buy most of the baby clothes from Joe Fresh, and it's even 20% back on clearance, and buy some PC Organics. PC's baby foods/snacks are all under PC Organics so it's 20% back on those, and they're usually cheaper than other brands too.

We're also planning a trip, and the PC Travel website has the resort we're going to as the same price or cheaper than other websites, so with the $99 off, that's your signup fee right there.

Once the baby is grown, then I'll cancel. For now, it's paying for itself almost 10-fold.

Not mentioning the 'Gift' they send you in the year when you're subscribed on purpose. This year was a crappy wood bbq scraper (wasn't rigid enough to do the job), a jar of sumac (which i coincidentally couldn't find in my area but wanted to buy some), and a jar of green salsa. Nothing too special. Came in a pretty box, though.
Apr 7, 2019
589 posts
731 upvotes
Another big advantage of PC Insiders is free grocery pickup from Loblaws stores ( including RCSS and NoFrills) using PC Express. Without PC Insider it's 3-5$ and min 30$ purchase. With NoFrills I pickup from inside store. With RCSS, groceries are delivered to my car.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18001 posts
5350 upvotes
Toronto
mr2711 wrote: Another big advantage of PC Insiders is free grocery pickup from Loblaws stores ( including RCSS and NoFrills) using PC Express. Without PC Insider it's 3-5$ and min 30$ purchase. With NoFrills I pickup from inside store. With RCSS, groceries are delivered to my car.
Forgot to mention that and that is a huge advantage that's hard to put a price on.

Here's my breakdown, not ALL baby
Screenshot_20191104-111851_Chrome.jpg
Images
  • Screenshot_20191104-111843_Chrome.jpg
RedFlagDeals Addict
Feb 13, 2017
278 posts
121 upvotes
Mississauga
This is the biggest plus for me esp with a newborn and winter coming up. Can you price match with this service?
mr2711 wrote: Another big advantage of PC Insiders is free grocery pickup from Loblaws stores ( including RCSS and NoFrills) using PC Express. Without PC Insider it's 3-5$ and min 30$ purchase. With NoFrills I pickup from inside store. With RCSS, groceries are delivered to my car.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18001 posts
5350 upvotes
Toronto
Arias1619 wrote: This is the biggest plus for me esp with a newborn and winter coming up. Can you price match with this service?
Yes. You can price match after the fact, which another user in this thread was complaining about. I usually price match at the time of the pick-up, so I tell them I'm price matching and they either do it by phone, do it when they come out or they tell me to go in to customer service and fix it.
So yes, it can absolutely still be done.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Feb 13, 2017
278 posts
121 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks, do you do it by phone after pick up? And how do they do it when they come out?
DaVibe wrote: Yes. You can price match after the fact, which another user in this thread was complaining about. I usually price match at the time of the pick-up, so I tell them I'm price matching and they either do it by phone, do it when they come out or they tell me to go in to customer service and fix it.
So yes, it can absolutely still be done.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4461 posts
2453 upvotes
They never gave me and lots of people the 50,000K in points for signing up this year.....
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18001 posts
5350 upvotes
Toronto
Sejad wrote: They never gave me and lots of people the 50,000K in points for signing up this year.....
Yeah I suggest everyone call their bluff and wait for a better offer
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18001 posts
5350 upvotes
Toronto
As this will be the first full year of members, it will be interesting to see if we can cancel and sign up on another promo or if there's a "cooling off" period required?
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5955 posts
609 upvotes
Pants536 wrote: I have a membership (Got it for $50 last Dec promo). I never buy diapers through Loblaws because amazon family is still cheaper. Bigger boxes with lower $/diaper and 20% off instead of 20% back in points.

The 20% back on PC Organics, Joe Fresh, and occasionally Black Label is where the real deals are.

We buy most of the baby clothes from Joe Fresh, and it's even 20% back on clearance, and buy some PC Organics. PC's baby foods/snacks are all under PC Organics so it's 20% back on those, and they're usually cheaper than other brands too.

We're also planning a trip, and the PC Travel website has the resort we're going to as the same price or cheaper than other websites, so with the $99 off, that's your signup fee right there.

Once the baby is grown, then I'll cancel. For now, it's paying for itself almost 10-fold.

Not mentioning the 'Gift' they send you in the year when you're subscribed on purpose. This year was a crappy wood bbq scraper (wasn't rigid enough to do the job), a jar of sumac (which i coincidentally couldn't find in my area but wanted to buy some), and a jar of green salsa. Nothing too special. Came in a pretty box, though.
loblaws is definitely cheaper with points promos and $10 manufacturer coupon with pc insiders.
Jun 7, 2011
243 posts
207 upvotes
Orangeville
champ91 wrote: loblaws is definitely cheaper with points promos and $10 manufacturer coupon with pc insiders.
All the coupons I've seen are for pampers, but we use huggies for the poop-catching flap at the back. Also we don't live near a loblaws/superstore. Closest we have is zehrs and they don't have as good a selection.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5955 posts
609 upvotes
Pants536 wrote: All the coupons I've seen are for pampers, but we use huggies for the poop-catching flap at the back. Also we don't live near a loblaws/superstore. Closest we have is zehrs and they don't have as good a selection.
huggies have the same $10 coupon and they are easier to find than Pampers coupons but if you don't live near a Loblaws brand then it probably isn't worth it for you.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3038 posts
1644 upvotes
Even though the T & C says 'Cannot be combined with any other PC Insiders subscription promotional offer.'. Can I get the 25k pts if I have free membership for getting a new PCF Mastercard for the first year?
Oct 30, 2018
128 posts
93 upvotes
Can anyone speak to if the travel credit is easy to use?

I regularly make short haul trips and I just checked flights on pcinsiders vs airline/travel websites and the prices are very similar/the same. I understand the credit may not be the best for more complicated itineraries but I think for what I need this may be great. Is there a catch that I am missing? Otherwise the subscription would essentially pay for itself every year.

Thanks!
Dec 11, 2007
332 posts
196 upvotes
Markham
champ91 wrote: loblaws is definitely cheaper with points promos and $10 manufacturer coupon with pc insiders.
Plus isn’t there extra points if you purchase using a pc MasterCard?