Expired Hot Deals

[PC Optimum] Get 25,000 PC Optimum points when you sign up for a PC Insiders annual subscription

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2019 8:27 pm
Sr. Member
Apr 7, 2019
550 posts
698 upvotes
narmak wrote: Plus isn’t there extra points if you purchase using a pc MasterCard?
Yes. You get 1-3% back in points depending on which PC Mastercard you have. However, I use my Scotia Visa Infinite to shop at Loblaws, RCSS and PC Express as I get 4% back.
Member
Dec 11, 2007
272 posts
92 upvotes
mr2711 wrote: Yes. You get 1-3% back in points depending on which PC Mastercard you have. However, I use my Scotia Visa Infinite to shop at Loblaws, RCSS and PC Express as I get 4% back.
Or 4.5% if using pc MasterCard world elite at shoppers drug mart.
Sr. Member
Apr 7, 2019
550 posts
698 upvotes
narmak wrote: Or 4.5% if using pc MasterCard world elite at shoppers drug mart.
Yes. If you are willing to spend 30% more on their marked up prices.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
10607 posts
2908 upvotes
Toronto
Annual Subsection $99 HST is $111.87 - $25 worth of PC Optimum Points. = roughly $87

Basically, you need to buy enough stuff in those stores that's worth $87 of saving just to BREAK EVEN.

Yes, there is a mystery box and travel credit for annual subscription.

Stuff in the mystery box is hit and miss. Most of the stuff inside the box is useless to me, only the bottle of the PC Syrup is someone useful for my household.

Travel credit has so many restriction and PC travel doesn't have a great deal. You better off book it elsewhere and still saving more even with their travel credits.

I subscribed last year because they offered me 100k worth of PC Optimum points, so bascially I just paid the tax, so it was worth it.

For $25 worth of PC Optimum points, not so much.

Unless you spend tons on baby stuff and PC organics, then you may purchased enough to benefit from it.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2165 posts
959 upvotes
Victoria
MP3_SKY wrote: Annual Subsection $99 HST is $111.87 - $25 worth of PC Optimum Points. = roughly $87

Basically, you need to buy enough stuff in those stores that's worth $87 of saving just to BREAK EVEN.

Yes, there is a mystery box and travel credit for annual subscription.

Stuff in the mystery box is hit and miss. Most of the stuff inside the box is useless to me, only the bottle of the PC Syrup is someone useful for my household.

Travel credit has so many restriction and PC travel doesn't have a great deal. You better off book it elsewhere and still saving more even with their travel credits.

I subscribed last year because they offered me 100k worth of PC Optimum points, so bascially I just paid the tax, so it was worth it.

For $25 worth of PC Optimum points, not so much.

Unless you spend tons on baby stuff and PC organics, then you may purchased enough to benefit from it.
For people who fly domestic on a regular basis, the travel credit is easy to use.
Member
Aug 14, 2004
218 posts
111 upvotes
Burnaby
MP3_SKY wrote: Annual Subsection $99 HST is $111.87 - $25 worth of PC Optimum Points. = roughly $87

Basically, you need to buy enough stuff in those stores that's worth $87 of saving just to BREAK EVEN.

Yes, there is a mystery box and travel credit for annual subscription.

Stuff in the mystery box is hit and miss. Most of the stuff inside the box is useless to me, only the bottle of the PC Syrup is someone useful for my household.

Travel credit has so many restriction and PC travel doesn't have a great deal. You better off book it elsewhere and still saving more even with their travel credits.

I subscribed last year because they offered me 100k worth of PC Optimum points, so bascially I just paid the tax, so it was worth it.

For $25 worth of PC Optimum points, not so much.

Unless you spend tons on baby stuff and PC organics, then you may purchased enough to benefit from it.
Every week I get a coupon when spending $100 either in points or cash ranging from 10 to 20. That alone with the free pickup of groceries making my trip go from an hour and a half to about 20 minutes.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
10607 posts
2908 upvotes
Toronto
fable wrote: Every week I get a coupon when spending $100 either in points or cash ranging from 10 to 20. That alone with the free pickup of groceries making my trip go from an hour and a half to about 20 minutes.
Right if you have no time to shop for groceries or you simply hate it.

This benefit doesn’t applicable to me neither, we go to Loblaws for our after dinner walk and do some our groceries at the same time. You would not do any online order and pick up.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2783 posts
435 upvotes
Warning regarding the travel credit. I confirmed with the Insiders Customer Service that members should be able to use the travel credit to buy a flight ticket for a family member (like your wife/mother/etc.) as long as you're the one paying and using your membership - they even explained how to do so when using the online site. I had to call in to book the particular flight I wanted but the PC Travel agent flat out refused saying the terms say the credit is non-transferable which to them means you cannot use it to buy a ticket for anyone else (whereas most people understand that to mean you can't donate your credit to someone else shopping at PC Travel).

Note: I had no problem using the credit last year in the same manner and the PC travel agent said I was just lucky - wtf?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2220 posts
297 upvotes
Vancouver
I should have signed up for this when it was free but I saw no use in the program other than a mystery box that was hit or miss, now it seems like I would have use for it as I am looking for a flight and was not aware they do flights. The flight I am looking at is the same price everywhere else so if I could get 25K in points then I guess it might be worth getting it for the $100 travel voucher.

I am just wondering a) how long does it take to get this voucher once signed up b) is there any restrictions on flights like they had with hotels (hotel only bookings required 3 nights or something like that).
Member
Nov 13, 2016
283 posts
363 upvotes
Is the first month free option still possible when signing up to PC Insiders?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2697 posts
2609 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Isn’t one month trial free ? 25k ain’t worth it

Top