PC Optimum Points Days (Jan 27 - Feb 2)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 2, 2022
Retailer:
PC Optimum

Wait, how does Points Days work?

Follow these tips:

Have a PC Optimum™ card? Register by creating an account at pcoptimum.ca.

Download the app to get exclusive offers and points.

Check your offers feed on January 27, and let the points party begin!

From January 27—Feb 2, 2022 only, at across 4500+ locations in Canada, the PC Optimum™ Points Days event will provide PC Optimum™ members with the opportunity to earn PC Optimum™ points through special offers and promotions across locations where PC Optimum™ points can be earned. During our 2021 Points Day event, over 18 billion were earned collectively by our members. For this 2022 event, billions of points are available to be earned again. For a list of participating locations and complete program details, please visit pcoptimum.ca/pointsdays.
Images
  • Screenshot 2022-01-20 171413.jpg
36 replies
Aug 9, 2020
773 posts
418 upvotes
9394 wrote: Image

Wait, how does Points Days work?

Follow these tips:

Have a PC Optimum™ card? Register by creating an account at pcoptimum.ca.

Download the app to get exclusive offers and points.

Check your offers feed on January 27, and let the points party begin!

From January 27—Feb 2, 2022 only, at across 4500+ locations in Canada, the PC Optimum™ Points Days event will provide PC Optimum™ members with the opportunity to earn PC Optimum™ points through special offers and promotions across locations where PC Optimum™ points can be earned. During our 2021 Points Day event, over 18 billion were earned collectively by our members. For this 2022 event, billions of points are available to be earned again. For a list of participating locations and complete program details, please visit pcoptimum.ca/pointsdays.
Any data points for last year's program?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
17614 posts
8281 upvotes
Stupido wrote: Any data points for last year's program?
Points promos are done in coordination with the manufacturers, so last year is not necessarily going to be the same as this year.

Overall, the points promo generally provides good value for items you use. I find it often puts the item near the usual sale price (sometimes lower, sometimes higher). But the price of the item at RCSS is generally the regular price (not like it's a sale price AND points promo). If I recall, this is the time when we often see "Get x000 points for spending $y of this brand". It looks great on the surface (example: 3000 points for $7 spent), but the regular price of an item often means you spend $9 (in that case). So keep that in mind, and make sure you take that into account.

Where you win with the points promo is where you match another grocery store with RCSS (or whatever PC Optimum store you shop at). This way you get points off a sale price, which then makes it a really good price. I would recommend this as the best strategy to maximize your points.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2190 posts
2886 upvotes
So this is an announcement about a deal which we don't know about?

Kinda like the Ontario government making an announcement about an announcement, for something happening 10 days from now.

Btw, this "sale" will be crap.

I wish Superstore/Loblaws would treat their employees better and pay them more. Especially since they are making a killing.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1262 posts
349 upvotes
Got the details on this in my app - didn't show nearly as many as the flyer posted in the other chat - and well, not very interesting.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
22767 posts
10590 upvotes
Toronto
I don't think this thread needs to exist, personally. We are talking about these deals in multiple threads
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1098 posts
1280 upvotes
Kitchener
Yea site overloaded i guess.

I checked it last night after midnight.. Bunch of 30-50% back in points. Plus ton of store specific offers (RCSS flyer says over 1mil in points, and yea has points on like everything.. So if you combine instore and the offers, seems really good.

But yea depends what your after, not everything is there. Though there is a storewide offer too. (25k points for $250 spend instead of there usual random giftpack item)
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
1019 posts
1761 upvotes
Calgary
Temporel wrote: Here's a data point: nothing to write home about and certainly doesn't deserve a separate thread!

Sorry to burst your bubble. :)

pc-optimum-discussion-thread-2021-24368 ... #p35612496
Eh I thought there were lots of decent offers.
50% back on Cheerios, Danone yogurt, and Energizer batteries, 40% back on Delissio etc etc.

OP should have actually listed some deals though. I don’t know if those ones are personalized or universal.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8990 posts
16241 upvotes
Montreal
Dunderhead wrote: Eh I thought there were lots of decent offers.
50% back on Cheerios, Danone yogurt, and Energizer batteries, 40% back on Delissio etc etc.

OP should have actually listed some deals though. I don’t know if those ones are personalized or universal.
It depends where you shop. Points Days is across all Loblaws banners. So it makes a difference if you use an offer at No Frills or SDM. Being in Montreal, I shop mainly at SDM which is close by while the discount banner Maxi is far. So 50% on Cheerios on the outrageously high regular price from SDM doesn't mean much. You have to know the market. Specials and Points Days don't always allign. That's why it's "meh" for me.
Jul 21, 2006
573 posts
178 upvotes
On most of the "deals" the prices from last week are a couple dollars more for the regular price, so with the points for most items it is the same as regular price. Cheerios family size for example has been 4.99 for several weeks, today when the "deals" started they became 6.99. So I guess you may save a little, but in looking at some items it really isn't much of a deal at all.
Oct 11, 2012
277 posts
169 upvotes
Also, these bonus points are non-stackable with 20X the points offer.
Dec 12, 2005
648 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
How does this work with price matching?

Can you price match e.g. FreshCo at No Frills and still get the No Frills pts?
Oct 11, 2012
277 posts
169 upvotes
36469 wrote: How does this work with price matching?

I’ve price matched at RCSS with Giant Tiger pricing and got RCSS points, so I assume yes.
Nov 27, 2018
139 posts
128 upvotes
36469 wrote: How does this work with price matching?

Yes you can.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6028 posts
871 upvotes
Anybody know which pack sizes and types of energizer batteries will qualify? Only the ones in the picture, or all types of energizer batteries?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1098 posts
1280 upvotes
Kitchener
AllenWayne wrote: Also, these bonus points are non-stackable with 20X the points offer.
The 20x points isn't on this week far as I can tell. Perhaps you have a personal targeted one.

SDM either does redemption bonus or 20x, not both, atm it's redemption bonus.
Oct 11, 2012
277 posts
169 upvotes
Eleventeen wrote: The 20x points isn't on this week far as I can tell. Perhaps you have a personal targeted one.

SDM either does redemption bonus or 20x, not both, atm it's redemption bonus.
Yes, you’re right. I have a 20,000 pts for $60.00 total spend, not 20X. In any case the fine print reads that neither is applicable to stack.