Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum - Personalized/Targeted YMMV Offers List (2021)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2021 12:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
6383 posts
10479 upvotes
Montreal

PC Optimum - Personalized/Targeted YMMV Offers List (2021)

This thread is intended as a catch all for the personalized, targeted, YMMV offers from the President's Choice Optimum program instead of having numerous separate threads in the Hot Deals forum.

Please be kind, my intention is only to TRY to reduce the number of useless threads in the Hot Deals forum.
Maybe some people will think about it and realize how useless it is to open individual threads in the Hot Deals forum for each of those offers since not everyone gets the same offers at the same time.

If you are a PC Optimum member, you get emails weekly and you are supposed to watch your offers.
It's like if someone would open a thread each week: "Go look at your personal PC Optimum offers".

PC Optimum is part of the Loblaw companies which include:
  • Loblaws
  • Provigo
  • Shoppers Drug Mart
  • Pharmaprix
  • Maxi
  • No Frills
  • Real Canadian Super Store
  • Etc.

Just post the offers you get at the end of this thread with the expiry date.
Last edited by Temporel on May 17th, 2021 9:54 pm, edited 11 times in total.
44 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
6383 posts
10479 upvotes
Montreal
Let me start the ball rolling...

[Loblaws] PC Optimum Offer - Free Potato Chips and Coffee - YMMV

Until April 14th.
Images
  • w1Q5jhP.jpg
  • FC.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1778 posts
861 upvotes
Whats the point of this? Every week everyone gets targeted offers so nothing here really applies to anyone else.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
6383 posts
10479 upvotes
Montreal
RAINMAN0 wrote: Whats the point of this? Every week everyone gets targeted offers so nothing here really applies to anyone else.
The point of THIS thread is to avoid having multiple threads in the Hot Deals forum for every targeted YMMV PC Optimum offer.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
3506 posts
3611 upvotes
GTA
How about people stop posting (known) targeted offers in Hot Deals.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
23020 posts
18204 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Temporel wrote: The point of THIS thread is to avoid having multiple threads in the Hot Deals forum for every targeted YMMV PC Optimum offer.
What's the point of ANY of these threads?

If you were targeted then you know about the offer by definition and you can use it or not. If you weren't targeted then there's no value in knowing that others got it because there's nothing you can do to get the offer.

The only value in discussing these sorts of offers is if you have questions about how to use it. There's already an annual PCO megathread for that purpose.
veni, vidi, Visa
Apr 11, 2020
222 posts
375 upvotes
I get your reasons for making the thread, but disagree. This just adds another useless thread, to the pile, nobody should be posting these pc optimum targeted offers. Your thread won't work because those other thread starters will likely all continue.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13192 posts
24063 upvotes
Might as well stop posting Uber eats ones too
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1778 posts
861 upvotes
Temporel wrote: The point of THIS thread is to avoid having multiple threads in the Hot Deals forum for every targeted YMMV PC Optimum offer.
I was in no frills the other day and they had some meat and bread on discount since it was close to expiring, should I post these deals also?
Oct 20, 2012
327 posts
90 upvotes
RAINMAN0 wrote: I was in no frills the other day and they had some meat and bread on discount since it was close to expiring, should I post these deals also?
why not? Those HOT deals like, check your email, check your app, you can say for example, check your local nofrills
Dec 24, 2011
473 posts
992 upvotes
East, Canada
This is useless and will get clogged up in no time.
Good intentions but a bad idea.
Apr 24, 2020
85 posts
136 upvotes
Ottawa
Temporel wrote: This thread is intended as a catch all for the targeted, YMMV offers from the President's Choice Optimum program instead of having numerous separate threads in the Hot Deals forum.

PC Optimum is part of the Loblaw companies that include:
  • Loblaws
  • Provigo
  • Shoppers Drug Mart
  • Pharmaprix
  • Maxi
  • No Frills
  • Real Canadian Super Store
  • Etc.

Not everyone gets the same offer at the same time.

So just post the offers you get at the end of this thread with the expiry date.

Please be kind, my intention is only to TRY to reduce the number of useless threads in the Hot Deals forum.
Maybe some people will think about it and realize how useless those targeted, YMMV PC Optimum threads are.

As I wrote elsewhere, what's the point of posting those in the Hot Deals forum?
Not everyone gets the same offer at the same time.
If you are a PC Optimum member, you get emails weekly and you are supposed to watch your offers.
It's like if someone would post "Watch this week's Loblaws flyer".
I think this is a great initiative, would be great if at the top of the thread the best potential deals are highlighted. Thanks OP.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
6383 posts
10479 upvotes
Montreal
RaiderX wrote: This is useless and will get clogged up in no time.
Good intentions but a bad idea.
I have no illusion people won't use this thread and will keep opening separate ones for each targeted offer they receive.
As I wrote in OP, this thread is a TRY to limit the number of useless PC Optimum targeted, YMMV offers in the Hot Deals forum.
If it does work, even if it gets "clogged" (long), the most recent ones will be at the end of the thread and it's easier to just not click and "jump over" one thread than many.
TigerKingDeals wrote: I think this is a great initiative, would be great if at the top of the thread the best potential deals are highlighted. Thanks OP.
It would take too much time to monitor and maintain but if someone wants to volunteer, I'll expire this thread to let someone else do it. :)
Mar 24, 2019
209 posts
316 upvotes
bylo wrote: What's the point of ANY of these threads?

If you were targeted then you know about the offer by definition and you can use it or not. If you weren't targeted then there's no value in knowing that others got it because there's nothing you can do to get the offer.

The only value in discussing these sorts of offers is if you have questions about how to use it. There's already an annual PCO megathread for that purpose.
I agree.. what we’re really trying to say is check your pc optimum app once a week so u don’t miss out on any deals... but it doesn’t make any sense to post the deals either way.

I mean unless people were too lazy to check there app, and waited for an RFD posting of the deal before checking their app? 🤷‍♂️
Jan 25, 2009
835 posts
616 upvotes
Mod should move this thread to “ongoing deals”
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17117 posts
14517 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Agree with the others ... good intention but pretty useless as PCO Offers are PERSONAL OFFERS ... TARGETED to the Card Holder based ON THEIR OWN PERSONAL SHOPPING HABITS

If there’s an issue with what’s going on in the HOT DEALS FORUM ... then you need to take it up with the RFD MODS Team

And for the record ...

There’s already a 2021 Thread here in the SHOPPING FORUM
Where folks can post their weekly offers
It’s used as a Database type situation so other RFDers can see what sort of personal offers exist (and there are thousands)

So this thread is kind of an overlap on that info
Although the existing thread, is far more useful

2020 / 2021 (started Nov 2020 ) = pc-optimum-offers-list-2020-2363291/

And it’s predecessor which began in 2018 = pc-optimum-offers-list-2018-2230723/
Mar 16, 2008
77 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Was at self out already when I popped out the phone and saw this. It's not much but free is free.
IMG_20210422_141731.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 22nd, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3512 posts
2121 upvotes
Toronto
Here's an idea. Everyone look at their own personal PC Optimum offers every week, so threads like this aren't needed. Or does everyone need to be reminded every week?
Dec 30, 2013
204 posts
863 upvotes
Toronto
Every now and then one of these posts come out that people got something free and it makes me feel like shit all over again as I don't have it.
Thanks OP, but I feel these things that are YMMV and should not be shared as they stress people out due to FOMO.
Like look at your optimum offers guys. We don't need a thread for it. (Sorry...rant over - Just disappointed as usual)
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2449 posts
2047 upvotes
BC
Wasn't there a forum for these posts?!? They do not belong in Hot Deals...