Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
4402 posts
4465 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: We just exchanged our SDM cards for the new PCO. It took about a minute to do and they give you a receipt with the current points balance. They kept our old cards.
you can keep your old card if you request.
May 11, 2012
237 posts
55 upvotes
Shopper optimum card was a polished app with relevant offers. The new app just doesn't look good and none of the offers is attractive. I guess good things don't last long.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
Looks like linking SDM Optimum on the website works now.. all linked up!

I noticed I'm missing the Optimum points I earned on Tuesday, which was expected in the warning.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2010
1030 posts
247 upvotes
Wiseman wrote: Looks like linking SDM Optimum on the website works now.. all linked up!
Still doesn't work for me. It still tells me "Sorry, we couldn’t verify your card"
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Managed to get switched over, not a seamless process, website down, weird messages like "there was a problem with your token". What the heck is a token?

Took an hour and a half.

Offers are weird, nothing I've ever bought or will buy, all PC or No Name brands, except for produce, My carried forward offers have disappeared.

Wonder if we'll get our regular new offers at midnight tonight?
Last edited by bonterra on Feb 1st, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
RodDog999 wrote: Still doesn't work for me. It still tells me "Sorry, we couldn’t verify your card"
I had to try and fail 3X in order to get that message so I think that means the account is locked and you have to go to the store to finish the transaction.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
bonterra wrote: Wonder if we'll get our regular new offers at midnight tonight?
Mine say they will be around for 6 more days...and then end on Tuesday???
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
Does linking Sdm old card work now on apps¿? Or only via website thx
Edit iOS app error still lol
33980226-7B6C-4DD6-9395-9C92D9AE3F4D.png
Same error via safari iPhone site
Last edited by mikka2017 on Feb 1st, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jul 27, 2016
317 posts
224 upvotes
stovetop wrote: If I've lost my Shopper's Drug Mart Optimum card, is there any way that they can look me up on their system? I had quite a lot of points on there.
Hopefully no one found it.
The card is like cash when used in store.
Best of luck.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
Maybe I’ll just go instore get brand new number pc opt account and then link again¿? No hurt having two cards get different offers
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Nov 13, 2017
547 posts
393 upvotes
British Columbia
Actually I didn’t have any problems with the new system today. Everything went smoothly. Registered online and transferred all my PC Plus and SDM Optimum points to the new account in the morning before their website crashed : )
After work I went to a RCSS and grabbed a plastic card from the cashier and linked to my account successfully using the App. Now I can see my plastic card, app, and PC MasterCard linked to my account. It’s all set and ready to go Grinning Face
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
lecale wrote: Mine say they will be around for 6 more days...and then end on Tuesday???
Yup, you are right on that one. Didn't notice. Guess I was wishful thinking of some more exciting offers at midnight. Are your offers really boring and unrelated to anything you normally buy? Mine are very low value items. Carrots, No Name canned vegetables, PC Blue Menu canned beans that I haven't bought since the bonus offer that gave almost free beans.
Nov 13, 2005
75 posts
13 upvotes
GVRD
I got an email from PC Optimum tonight saying X tried linking their card to my account as we likely shared an account previously, however I don't know anyone with the name X. I was given a link to contact member care which I did online but I may not get a response for a few days. Is it possible for someone to access and link a card to my account without me knowing it?
Jul 5, 2015
172 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
With the advice of the people here, I went to a SDM, asked to link the card so I scanned my optimum card, they scanned the new PCO card and voila! Much easier than linking through the app as now I just link the PCO card through the app.

So if I use the key fob scanner, will this translate to my main account?
Nov 13, 2017
547 posts
393 upvotes
British Columbia
wongmb wrote: In the past at Loblaws they scan my MC first for bonus points / exclusive offer, then scan a second time for payment. How does that change under the new program ? Do I know need to scan pc opt card on phone first, then pay with my physical MC card ?
You can still use your PC MC as points card as long as you have it linked with your new PC Optimum account. Simply open your app and go to "Account" then "Manage Cards"
Next time, you can just tap your card first to read your PC Optimum info, and then make the payment with it.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1608 posts
389 upvotes
I like to have physical card and app showing the card as well. Do I update and merge using the app first? Get the card and merge with the app?
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
The old PC Plus app allowed me to enable which card can be use to redeem points. I only allow my PC WE MCs to redeem pc points. All other card can only collect points only - even my app on my phone. I cannot find this feature on the new PCO app.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6483 posts
2388 upvotes
Mississauga
what i notice in the new app... i only see offers relating to grocery.... i don't see any offers related to sdm...??
Sep 5, 2017
500 posts
260 upvotes
Ok, so heres a fun aspect i just realized... I never had a PC plus card, as up until recently it was directly linked to my pc financial account, which recently got switched over. But, I did have $30 worth of points over there... How do i go about merging a former PC financial account with my optimum??
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
pawprints86 wrote: Ok, so heres a fun aspect i just realized... I never had a PC plus card, as up until recently it was directly linked to my pc financial account, which recently got switched over. But, I did have $30 worth of points over there... How do i go about merging a former PC financial account with my optimum??
Before CIBC took over the PCF account, I went to the PCF office at RCSS to transfer the points to a PC Plus card. Now, I don't know how... sorry.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)