Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2360 posts
1318 upvotes

[GreenmanGaming.com] Project Cars Pre-Order Sale

Deal Link:
Price:
More offers from GreenmanGaming.com
Hey all, so ive been eyeing this game for some time as I missed the original kickstarter of it back a few years. In recent builds it has really come to be one of the best looking driving sims out there. Yes there are more realistic rfactor or iRacing pure sims out there but they cost too much or let down in the graphics department. I see this one as a good all around driving game as I dont like the arcade feel of many game engines out there. GMG has it in their VIP section for $37.50 reg $49.99 USD so a decent deal for a brand new game, probably the best you are gonna get unless you go grey market after release, plus preorders get a few more DLC's as well.

Anyways it comes out May 8th, ive preordered it through GMG and their VIP section. Just thought id post up the deal, some other good ones in there as well such as GTA V for $46 Enjoy!
18 replies
Nov 5, 2012
156 posts
98 upvotes
Richmond Hill
From my latest large grid MP playthrough, it still needs polish before it's worth the full price. My build already had the day 1 patch, so SMS needs to keep working on bug fixing.
Aug 15, 2013
215 posts
114 upvotes
Westmount
How is it with a Xbox/PS4 controller? Is it worth it or not really playable?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
43730 posts
7430 upvotes
Kinda reminds me of the FIA series - GT Racing or whatever back in 2007 ish
Blanka
Sep 20, 2014
10 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
What do you guys think about this game? I've never tried any of the builds during development, but as far as I can tell the graphics are astonishing. They've really caught my attention and with this sale price it might be enough for me to pull the trigger. I plan on playing with a ps3 controller connected via USB.
Anyone have any insight they could give me?
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
993 upvotes
Vaughan
Preorders aren't hot deals.

It's like no one has learned anything in the past year or two.
Nov 5, 2012
156 posts
98 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Eithay wrote: How is it with a Xbox/PS4 controller? Is it worth it or not really playable?
The developers insist the controller feeling is great. I don't race with plebian gamepads, so I wouldn't know.
djemzine wrote: Kinda reminds me of the FIA series - GT Racing or whatever back in 2007 ish
Nothing like that. For one thing, GTR1 and 2 simulated an entire racing series. pCARS is more akin to Assetto Corsa, as in a car here and another here and one here.

If there's an accurate way to describe pCARS, it's Shift 4.
Marred wrote: What do you guys think about this game? I've never tried any of the builds during development, but as far as I can tell the graphics are astonishing.
The graphics are good, but aren't actually AWESOMEAMAZINGOMG. After all, the underlying tech at the end of the say is from Shift 2. Most of the trailers and screenshots you see have SweetFX or other injectors used to enhance the look. "Unedited" screenshots from a Photoshop point of view, but lots of editing behind an injector ini. Bullshots.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20531 posts
5989 upvotes
GTA
Good, my g25 cockpit set up has been gathering dust, maybe I wont have a reason to sell it.
Jan 4, 2005
269 posts
45 upvotes
Richmond
should i get this if i already have assetto corsa?
and pc vs console?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2360 posts
1318 upvotes
I dont do preorders generally as some games are just flunks when they hit the market. (been burned a long time ago) But with the way this game has been developed and is gathering praise with each new build, I see it as a worthy investment. I want more good racing series on PC, I will support this. The RFD'er in me says wait till its 50% off, but ~30% off is good enough for me to bite on this and have it from day one. Not 3-4 months down the road to save $10. To each their own though!
Dozaiya wrote: should i get this if i already have assetto corsa?
and pc vs console?
Ive played assetto corsa and they are comparable from what ive read...so might not be worth it...as for which platform, PC master race-r here...looking forward to this game at 4K with all the eye candy on!
Nov 5, 2012
156 posts
98 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Dozaiya wrote: should i get this if i already have assetto corsa?
and pc vs console?
I think Assetto Corsa is the superior driving/racing sim.

PC masterrace.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7269 posts
1313 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
This game looks great but I am curious how the handling is.
I won't be preordering it. This sale price will be around after the game comes out too. I want to see some reviews by people playing the game not by media, before I'll decide.
Wish they would release a demo.
Steam: SpectralMeat
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2360 posts
1318 upvotes
Just over two weeks till launch...because its a closed beta program now, many of the people posting reviews are not media, just gamers that originally backed the kickstarter years ago. The game is supposed to have tons of DLC and will be constantly updated with new features throughout its life...the developers seem really invested in its development. Graphics wise Project Cars has got Assetto Corsa beat, will have to see handling wise when it drops.
Mar 5, 2009
295 posts
27 upvotes
Montreal
Pre-ordered!!!!

To those who play other sims, why deny yourself other flavours? I've got ALL sims, i support them all, we want to support all development teams, that way we foster more competition, which in the end gives us a better product, so in the end we win.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1437 posts
368 upvotes
Calgary
squadz wrote: Preorders aren't hot deals.

It's like no one has learned anything in the past year or two.
People have been playing project cars for years already ala early access. I have no problem pre-ordering this game.

Thanks OP, for some reason I thought it was going to be steam only for digital.
Jul 9, 2008
268 posts
120 upvotes
So glad this has a pre-order special on PC. I'd get it for PS4 as that's the platform all my friends have it on, but no logitech G27 support on the PS4 which is INCREDIBLY dumb, soooo pc it is!
I WILL JUST PLAY BY MYSELF (and random strangers of course)
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1776 posts
477 upvotes
Markham
Hey. It seems the real grand total price is going to be about $49.00CAD with GMG (conversion + payment fee), right? Steam has it for $55.00CAD, so it's only $6 off. On g2play.net it's about $46-47CAD, but the pre-order bonuses aren't guaranteed the way they are on GMG (and Steam).

How much did KickStarter people pay? What was the last price for this (was it on sale on Steam, previously)? I'm debating whether to get this...I don't think I've ever gotten a regular price game on Steam, before...

Thanks.
#apestogetherstrong
Aug 15, 2013
215 posts
114 upvotes
Westmount
They are some russian keys on G2A if you're willing to take the risk. They are about 25 USD. Personally, I took OP's deal.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1776 posts
477 upvotes
Markham
Eithay wrote: They are some russian keys on G2A if you're willing to take the risk. They are about 25 USD. Personally, I took OP's deal.
Russian keys that require VPNs will get you banned. I've used G2A for Worldwide keys without issue...stick to Worldwide.
#apestogetherstrong

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)