Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[PC] Shadow of Mordor GOTY@6.74 | Upgrade to GOTY@3.37 | Mad Max@6.74 | Batman A Knight Premium@12.49

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2016 8:19 am
May 6, 2015
318 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto

[PC] Shadow of Mordor GOTY@6.74 | Upgrade to GOTY@3.37 | Mad Max@6.74 | Batman A Knight Premium@12.49

Price:
varies
Savings:
75%
Holy cow is it crazy out there!

I used this tracker site to find all these deals, and it converts any foreign currency to CAD in the price lists.
So everything listed is in CAD, though Nuuvem's site is in USD.
These are either at the lowest price they've ever been, or they're a few cents off.
EDIT - To change the language to english on the Nuuvem site, it's at the bottom right of the page.

If you already have the original game: Shadow of Mordor GOTY Upgrade [Nuuvem Link] - lowest it's ever been is $2.74 (has all DLC) - $3.37

If you're starting from scratch, this is cheaper than buying each part separately: Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition [Nuuvem Link] - lowest it's been is 6.69 (has original game + all DLC) - $ 6.74

Lowest it's ever been is 6.69 - Mad Max - $6.74 [Nuuvem Link]

This is SMOKING HOT as according to the price tracker it's the first time it's gone this low - Batman Arkham Knight Premium Edition [STEAM link] - (includes Season's Pass + Original Game & buying each part is more expensive) - $12.49

- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes [STEAM link] - (no DLC which is currently 4x as expensive but this is the lowest this has ever been) -$4.99 Apparently I erred on this, as this one was the one released before the major one as a preview, and is really short.

Nuuvem didn't charge taxes, they accept Paypal and processed immediately and gave me my codes right after purchase on the site.
Surprisingly, Steam didn't charge taxes either., which is strange because my last purchase of SW Battlefront yesterday they did. EDIT - I've bought a few more than a few games over the last couple of days and got Origin mixed up with Steam, my apologies.
Last edited by azdinflash on Dec 26th, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.
8 replies
Apr 20, 2006
856 posts
596 upvotes
thanks I will look at this in the morning
Jan 18, 2016
135 posts
171 upvotes
Saint-Romuald, QC
Just a few clarifications:
azdinflash wrote: This is SMOKING HOT as according to the price tracker it's the first time it's gone this low - Batman Arkham Knight Premium Edition - (includes Season's Pass + Original Game & buying each part is more expensive) - $12.49
Same price on Steam (easier to refund if you don't like the game):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/208650/ - $12.49 CAD
azdinflash wrote: this is SMOKING HOT - Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - (no DLC which is currently 4x as expensive but this is the lowest this has ever been) -$4.99
Also same price on Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/311340/

This is MGS V: Ground Zero, not MGS V: The Phantom Pain (the pricy one). This one is a PSP port with no DLC. It has been on sale numerous times before for $4.99 so not that hot. No need to hurry.
azdinflash wrote: Surprisingly, Steam didn't charge taxes either, which is strange because my last purchase of SW Battlefront yesterday they did.
Steam never charges taxes if you live in Canada. SW Battlefront is not sold on Steam either. You must be confusing it with Origin from EA.
Dec 26, 2011
909 posts
896 upvotes
azdinflash wrote: Nuuvem didn't charge taxes, they accept Paypal and processed immediately and gave me my codes right after purchase on the site.
Surprisingly, Steam didn't charge taxes either, which is strange because my last purchase of SW Battlefront yesterday they did.
Most digital game retailers have no actual operations at all in Canada so there are no taxes, they don't remit/file anything in Canada so won't collect anything. Steam (Valve) only has operations in Washington State, USA (with US tax laws they only have to collect from those purchasing from Washington State), so they also have no actual operations in Canada and do not file anything.

The problem with buying from Origin (EA), such as SW Battlefront, is that EA actually operates in Canada and so has to file (and collect). I think Ubisoft would also charge you tax.

This situation may not last forever though.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1298 posts
258 upvotes
arandomguy wrote: Most digital game retailers have no actual operations at all in Canada so there are no taxes, they don't remit/file anything in Canada so won't collect anything. Steam (Valve) only has operations in Washington State, USA (with US tax laws they only have to collect from those purchasing from Washington State), so they also have no actual operations in Canada and do not file anything.

The problem with buying from Origin (EA), such as SW Battlefront, is that EA actually operates in Canada and so has to file (and collect). I think Ubisoft would also charge you tax.

This situation may not last forever though.
imperialgames.com charges taxes too if you see them on the isthereanydeal.com list
May 6, 2015
318 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
quanzi wrote: Same price on Steam (easier to refund if you don't like the game):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/208650/ - $12.49 CAD

Also same price on Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/311340/
The links I posted for those two are for the Steam store.

quanzi wrote: This is MGS V: Ground Zero, not MGS V: The Phantom Pain (the pricy one). This one is a PSP port with no DLC. It has been on sale numerous times before for $4.99 so not that hot. No need to hurry.
I got the games mixed up, sorry.
quanzi wrote: Steam never charges taxes if you live in Canada. SW Battlefront is not sold on Steam either. You must be confusing it with Origin from EA.
Good to know! Yes, I have made a few game purchases in the last few days and mixed it up.
Nov 25, 2009
77 posts
54 upvotes
Montreal
Good find OP, was looking to upgrade Shadow of Mordor during the Steam sales!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)