Travel

PC Travel - What's the process in getting them to pricematch a plane ticket I found on Skyscanner?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2020 7:12 pm
[OP]
Aug 7, 2015
195 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

PC Travel - What's the process in getting them to pricematch a plane ticket I found on Skyscanner?

Hi all,

I'm subscribed to PC Insiders and get $99 in PC Travel credit, which I'd like to use now. However, I understand from your past experiences that doing so has been sprinkled with unfavourable surprises. So I want to ask you guys to ensure I'm doing this right and asking the agency the right questions.

1. Skyscanner is showing my trip to Vietnam as being $700 roundtrip. How do I present my Skyscanner results so that they can price match?
2. Do they have a physical location where I can make the booking?
3. What confirmations or receipts should I ask for? I don't want to be that guy who discovered on the day before the trip that the tickets were never purchased at all by the Travel Nation representative.
4. I understand if the price of the vacation package falls and you've already paid for it, you can call PC Travel to get a refund on the difference. Does this apply to plane tickets and is there a policy I can point to if the agent isn't familiar with this process?
5. ... and other questions I ask?

I apologize for my inexperience -- this is my first time booking a plane ticket and considering how there's several elements with additional difficulty (i.e., attempting to use the $99 PC Travel credit, attempting to price match, and attempting to get points back on my PC Mastercard), I'm very worried I'm going to do something wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
4 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30380 posts
16215 upvotes
Ottawa
Email them with a link.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
8031 posts
2329 upvotes
Was looking to book via pc travel to take advantage of the points but after seeing that other thread I might just pass and stick with tripcentral and redtags
"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Jan 30, 2017
579 posts
35 upvotes
Niroxu wrote: Hi all,

I'm subscribed to PC Insiders and get $99 in PC Travel credit, which I'd like to use now. However, I understand from your past experiences that doing so has been sprinkled with unfavourable surprises. So I want to ask you guys to ensure I'm doing this right and asking the agency the right questions.

1. Skyscanner is showing my trip to Vietnam as being $700 roundtrip. How do I present my Skyscanner results so that they can price match?
3. What confirmations or receipts should I ask for? I don't want to be that guy who discovered on the day before the trip that the tickets were never purchased at all by the Travel Nation representative.
4. I understand if the price of the vacation package falls and you've already paid for it, you can call PC Travel to get a refund on the difference. Does this apply to plane tickets and is there a policy I can point to if the agent isn't familiar with this process?

I apologize for my inexperience -- this is my first time booking a plane ticket and considering how there's several elements with additional difficulty (i.e., attempting to use the $99 PC Travel credit, attempting to price match, and attempting to get points back on my PC Mastercard), I'm very worried I'm going to do something wrong.

Ive price matched with them before. Just call them. And mention you are part of the PC insiders and get your 99 dollars off.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2381 posts
1507 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Niroxu wrote: Hi all,

Skyscanner is a search engine that links to other travel sites. I would follow the link all the way through to verify the price is active and in CAD