Credit Cards

PC World Elite Mastercard statement information about earned PC Optimum points is wrong

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2018 1:35 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 17, 2014
357 posts
210 upvotes
Calgary

PC World Elite Mastercard statement information about earned PC Optimum points is wrong

Anybody got a statement from the PC World Elite Mastercard since PC Points switched to PC Optimum?

My statement information on the top of the page is wrong.
statement balance: $463.70

You have earned 4637 PC Optimum Points........
We use the PC World Elite Mastercard mainly at the Superstore and Superstore Gas Bar where we earn 30 points per $1 (which means 3% cashback)

But according to the above info we earned only 10 points on all purchases.

Now the confusing part: The PC Optimum balance about the earned 30 points by using the credit card is correct.
13 replies
Jun 19, 2015
827 posts
774 upvotes
I don't have a PC MC yet, but if you look on the online banking does it show the rewards be given properly?
Apr 14, 2010
159 posts
59 upvotes
Surrey
On a separate note, did you get any problems connecting the PC financial MC to the new optimum program. Whenever I try to do through the app or the website, the system throws an unknown error.
[OP]
Apr 17, 2014
357 posts
210 upvotes
Calgary
saberon2016 wrote: I don't have a PC MC yet, but if you look on the online banking does it show the rewards be given properly?
Oh, I wish I had the convenience to see what points are awarded in the online banking (like Tangerine has). But PC MC is poor in this. There is no mentioning about any points in the transactions. You only get the general info of the total points earned in the monthly statement....
[OP]
Apr 17, 2014
357 posts
210 upvotes
Calgary
Feelings wrote: On a separate note, did you get any problems connecting the PC financial MC to the new optimum program. Whenever I try to do through the app or the website, the system throws an unknown error.
The PC MC doesn't have to be linked. It was automatical. We just connected the PC Points to the PC Optimum program.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3935 posts
1167 upvotes
QC
Last September I ran a spreadsheet to sort everything. MC gives you 10 points and the store you are shopping at gives you the rest (SDM/Loblaws 20pts)
Jan 28, 2004
108 posts
45 upvotes
Feelings wrote: On a separate note, did you get any problems connecting the PC financial MC to the new optimum program. Whenever I try to do through the app or the website, the system throws an unknown error.
Do you have Supplementary card? I can't link Supplementary card to same account with the main card (in PC plus both cards were in same account). and end up create a new account for Supplementary card and link two pc optimum accounts as household account.
[OP]
Apr 17, 2014
357 posts
210 upvotes
Calgary
jfmartel wrote: Last September I ran a spreadsheet to sort everything. MC gives you 10 points and the store you are shopping at gives you the rest (SDM/Loblaws 20pts)
I've bee running spreadsheets for 4 years now to track the points.
The PC MC info section in the statement always had the right info about the total earned points (30pts). Just not now after the switch to PC Optimum.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3935 posts
1167 upvotes
QC
utelurtz wrote: I've bee running spreadsheets for 4 years now to track the points.
The PC MC info section in the statement always had the right info about the total earned points (30pts). Just not now after the switch to PC Optimum.
Well, looks I'll do some spreadsheets tonite! Thanks
Dec 21, 2007
783 posts
245 upvotes
Scarborough
So is this just a display glitch, or are we actually getting less points than we should since the merger?
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.
Oct 10, 2017
157 posts
90 upvotes
I've had the same problems and spent 30 minutes on hold for an agent and another 30 minutes to get an explanation i still don't understand. While i was writing this i just thought of the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card.

PC MC = $6,000 per year x 3 points (3%) = $180 cash back
Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card = $6,000 per year x 4% = $240 cash back - $99 anual fee = $141 cash back

But $6,000 is conservative. Add in 2% on recurring bill payments and it's a wash or the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card gets you further ahead.

I don't think i'll be keeping the PC MC for much longer.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2389 posts
864 upvotes
Burnaby
I checked my latest transactions and on the pc optimum account page for points summary it adds up correctly for my purchases at Superstore (20 and 10 points per $1 reflected in separate point transactions). My credit card statement indicates 10 points per $1 and I only use it to shop at Superstore, No Frills, T&T and SDM. Not sure what happened with SDM purchase of $4.18 netted 295 points, Id have to check my receipt to see if there was some sort of digital promo added on.

Checked my receipt and I got 45 regular points, 250 in-store bonus points. On my PC optimum account it shows 295, 84 and 42 points awarded. Therefore it looks like I got 30 points per $1 @ SDM which is correct. 4.18*30 = 125 rounded to 126. Not sure where the 15 points per $1 in base PC optimum points has gone, so it looks like i'm missing the base points.

My guess is that they changed the credit card statement for some accounting reasons. The credit card statement reflects 10 points per $1 for all their cards base, world & world elite. They then top you up based on which card you have and which card sponsored banner you shopped at. Also, I'm guessing they had to account for the change in the amount of points awarded for SDM purchases so this was easier than writing another algorithm to properly indicate on the credit card statement how many PC optimum points were earned. Sucks to be the credit card call centre people lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2389 posts
864 upvotes
Burnaby
I sent a points inquiry and 63 points which were the base SDM points of 15 per $1 were added to my account within an hour and its late night here on the west coast.
Nov 12, 2012
577 posts
264 upvotes
Port Moody
I have a new card and the points don't add up for my new World Elite. The "other" purchases I have seen to be coming up correctly at 10x the points, but the SDM purchase is not - appears to be calculating at 20x not 45x. Will the extra 25x post separately later on?

SDM transaction of $12.74.

PC Optimum account has posted this: 254 - SDM Earned points

Does everyone that uses this card find they have to pay close attention to points, to ensure no calculation errors?