Expired Hot Deals

PCChef.ca

President's Choice Meal Kits Delivers Now. Free Delivery (GTA Only) + $6 off.

  • Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2020 11:19 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5048 posts
1694 upvotes
Mississauga

President's Choice Meal Kits Delivers Now. Free Delivery (GTA Only) + $6 off.

Deal Link:
Expiry:
May 22, 2020
Retailer:
PCChef.ca
$6 off + FREE delivery
when you buy 4 PC Chef™ Meal Kits*
use code: 4PCCHEF at checkout

$9 off + FREE delivery
when you buy 6 PC Chef™ Meal Kits*
use code: 6PCCHEF at checkout

Offer valid from May 16–22, 2020.

These are the same large meal kits (not the single entrees) you can buy in store. I've only tried the single entree ones and they are ok. Nothing spectacular, but wasn't expecting much for something that can be prepared in 10min.

Note, this is NOT a subscription service, so there's no worry about canceling afterwards.

Image
Last edited by GateGuardian on May 16th, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 16, 2011
5964 posts
7091 upvotes
The NORTH
May want to add GTA to the title...
Sr. Member
May 18, 2007
840 posts
1509 upvotes
Toronto
I'd seriously love to get his service regularly - my problem with all of these meals-in-a-box places is the high price for what are mostly cheap meals/ingredients (e.g. lots of cheap filler like rice and potatoes).

The pricing on this says that either Lobaws are trying to stuff too much margin into it, or their overhead is ridiculous. I mean, they get all the ingredients at wholesale cost... they just need to efficiently package the ingredients and deliver them. Were these to be way more aggressively priced they could have entrenched themselves as the ones-to-beat and killed the competition.

Finally, I love how their "nutrition facts are "Per 1/4 recipe"... huh?? Blatantly misleading for a "Serves 2" meal if you ask me.
Last edited by canada_dry on May 16th, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Jul 21, 2007
967 posts
557 upvotes
Seems like a decent deal but the meals (at least what they have up so far) don't look all that appetizing/interesting to me.

My favorite box delivery service thus far is Cook It.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6474 posts
3468 upvotes
Toronto
Some SDM locations have these - if you live near one it's worth a look especially on 20x points day (i.e. every weekend, basically).

Personally I found that the quality of the produce is on par with what I would pick in the produce section, and better than Hello Fresh.

Of course it's cheaper to find a recipe and pick up the ingredients one by one and prepare them - but if I'm honest, most of the time I wouldn't do that, I would just get takeout. So this is a decent option.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3192 posts
875 upvotes
Toronto
we have tried a few of these via shoppers. pretty good. not the cheapest but taste good. portions are alright. just ordered 4 with the code for delivery next wed.
Sr. Member
Oct 20, 2010
769 posts
1048 upvotes
Toronto
canada_dry wrote: I'd seriously love to get his service regularly - my problem with all of these meals-in-a-box places is the high price for what are mostly cheap meals/ingredients (e.g. lots of cheap filler like rice and potatoes).

The pricing on this says that either Lobaws are trying to stuff too much margin into it, or their overhead is ridiculous. I mean, they get all the ingredients at wholesale cost... they just need to efficiently package the ingredients and deliver them. Were these to be way more aggressively priced they could have entrenched themselves as the ones-to-beat and killed the competition.

Finally, I love how their "nutrition facts are "Per 1/4 recipe"... huh?? Blatantly misleading for a "Serves 2" meal if you ask me.
Not only is there a requirement for you to cook it yourself but if you want the nutritional information, you need to calculate. So, giving you food, teaching you how to cook and training your math skills. It’s food AND education all rolled into a nice package. Thumbs Up Sign
Sr. Member
May 18, 2007
840 posts
1509 upvotes
Toronto
asterisk* wrote: Not only is there a requirement for you to cook it yourself but if you want the nutritional information, you need to calculate. So, giving you food, teaching you how to cook and training your math skills. It’s food AND education all rolled into a nice package. Thumbs Up Sign
LOL! But you forgot how to file for bankruptcy after getting sucked into these overpriced services instead of just reading a recipe book and shopping yourself.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1991 posts
775 upvotes
BC
canada_dry wrote: LOL! But you forgot how to file for bankruptcy after getting sucked into these overpriced services instead of just reading a recipe book and shopping yourself.
Who in the world is going bankrupt on meal kits???? I mean, there's people who eat out EVERY.SINGLE.DAY and you're getting snippy over some meal kits with some overhead? You do understand that you pay more for convenience, right? Delivery removes so much time overhead from shopping that your comment makes you seem... [this post will get deleted, so I'll refrain, but use your imagination]. Jesus christ, the drama. *eyeroll*
Koodo: $45/10GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4559 posts
2090 upvotes
Souvlaki is sold out :(

Guess I can just buy the ingredients myself lol

I'll try this when they get meals that I'd want to eat but are too time consuming to make on my own
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 7, 2003
2003 posts
403 upvotes
Toronto
I saw this in my email, the pricing is reasonable vs good food which my wife and I have been using for almost 4 years now at $65/week for 3 meals. We’ve had some issues with good food recently (mostly with their chicken breasts) so I might try 1-2 of these just to see how they compare. Do they change their options periodically?
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1166 posts
464 upvotes
Montreal
It seems everyone and their cats want to be part of the game. Margins must be pretty fat.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)