Montreal

1 Year PlayStation Plus Membership $35

Deal Link:
Price:
$35
Retailer:
pcgamesupply
Good price instead of $69.99 + tax

The thing is I'm not able to purchase it and I dont know why!

For those who'll place the order, could you just confirm what's the method that you use and when you'll receive the digital code.
Last edited by hammouz on May 13th, 2022 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
92 replies
Nov 22, 2004
671 posts
2408 upvotes
Remember existing PS Plus users, you can't redeem these codes until the new PS Plus service launches.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3625 posts
4905 upvotes
mwatcher wrote: Remember existing PS Plus users, you can't redeem these codes until the new PS Plus service launches.
Yeah, but I wouldn't even bother stocking up on these because you never know when Sony actually decides to bring back stacking or not. Never trust Sony until it becomes official.
Nov 22, 2012
738 posts
595 upvotes
Toronto
The so-called verification is very suspicious. It asks you to say your name and record your voice. This can be used to pass a lot of verification on other websites verification as well. So I stopped there. I don't trust it.
Jul 17, 2016
135 posts
24 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Perfect timing. My subscription just expired. I usually buy it thru CDkeys but not this retailer. Has anyone bought it from pcgamesupply?
Nov 26, 2011
104 posts
40 upvotes
GTA East
Hm because I pulled the trigger on the "PS Now" deal from a month ago (so it gets converted to the "premium" tier in June), this is the relevant bit for me:

"Users who are already enrolled in one of the new PlayStation Plus tiers will receive an extension of the amount of time on their subscription based on the value of the legacy voucher card being converted into the subscription plan level they are at."

If I'm reading this right, I'll get an extension of time equivalent to $70, but having spent only $35 today... Hm ok I'm sold. I'll try to place the order and will come back to report.

Edit: I'm back. I went with PayPal, and after I went through PayPal for payment, the site asked me to go through a "phone verification" where a machine asked for my name and address. I simply said nothing and pressed the # key to submit...

It said "ok", and that was it. I don't think it's gone through yet though because PayPal shows the transaction as "pending authorization", screenshot below. I imagine it won't go thru since I did not record my voice... I guess I'll find out. I'm planning to cancel the transaction if that ends up being a hard requirement. More to come...

https://i.imgur.com/8x6YQXb.jpg

2nd edit: No go. Looks like the vendor rejected the transaction, PayPal screenshot below. At least I wasn't charged. Shady requirement, to demand a voice recording. And now they have my info lol. Ah well.

https://i.imgur.com/YkdMqIC.jpg
Last edited by humanoid on May 13th, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7026 posts
6020 upvotes
Ottawa
humanoid wrote: Hm because I pulled the trigger on the "PS Now" deal from a month ago (so it gets converted to the "premium" tier in June), this is the relevant bit for me:

"Users who are already enrolled in one of the new PlayStation Plus tiers will receive an extension of the amount of time on their subscription based on the value of the legacy voucher card being converted into the subscription plan level they are at."

If I'm reading this right, I'll get an extension of time equivalent to $70, but having spent only $35 today... Hm ok I'm sold. I'll try to place the order and will come back to report.
You may be right. A PS+ 12-month voucher converts to the numbers below. So a 12 month $35 PS+ voucher isn't the worst idea.

Non-Subscriber
Converted to 365 Days of PlayStation Plus Essential
Essential
Converted to 365 Days of PlayStation Plus Essential
Extra
Converted to 219 Days of PlayStation Plus Extra.
Premium
Converted to 183 Days of PlayStation Plus Premium
With Fido Mobile!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3644 posts
7123 upvotes
Was about to buy but realized my ps4 is jailbroken so this is useless anyway 🥲
Public Mobile customer
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7026 posts
6020 upvotes
Ottawa
Question for the more experienced:
I have a PS5 and my buddy has a PS4. His PS4 is registered as my "Primary" because he's a casual so I share some games. Does he need his own PS+ to play COD multiplayer or are PS+ perks shared across profiles if the Primary has it?
With Fido Mobile!
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
1457 posts
146 upvotes
Vancouver
I am still subbed for a while, just waiting to see how the auto-conversion works next month as I got both Now and PS+ at the moment.
The sad thing is I don't even have a PS5 at the moment. lol
Nov 5, 2013
35 posts
18 upvotes
Saint John
I bought from this site 2 years ago and I had no issues. I would have bought from them again but a local kid was selling his year sub so I bought local as they say lol.
Nov 5, 2013
35 posts
18 upvotes
Saint John
I just bought a code and got mine already. Can't redeem the code right now but I will use it to pay for most of PS+ Extra or whatever the hell its called.
Feb 13, 2007
206 posts
Does this work for anyone else? Registering an account fails and immediately starts creating a support ticket.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3616 posts
1402 upvotes
Montreal
XBOX fans downvoting this post? lol
Jul 17, 2016
135 posts
24 upvotes
Calgary, AB
mwatcher wrote: Remember existing PS Plus users, you can't redeem these codes until the new PS Plus service launches.
Can someone please elaborate on this? My subscription expired a few days ago, can I redeem the code?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2453 posts
2385 upvotes
Ottawa
Darn it, I just bought this last week for $45 lol. It was painless and easy and it worked (I needed to sign up, we just got a PS5 a couple weeks ago!).

Here's a thread on last month's deal from this vendor:

pcgamesupply-com-ps-plus-12-months-44-99-all-2534527/
I am a current Koodo customer
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3616 posts
1402 upvotes
Montreal
mgmjtech wrote: Can someone please elaborate on this? My subscription expired a few days ago, can I redeem the code?
What happens if a consumer redeems an existing PS Plus voucher code before the new services is launched?

• Users who are not subscribed to PlayStation Plus can redeem the voucher and will be enrolled in the original PlayStation Plus service.
• Users who are already enrolled in PlayStation Plus will not be able to redeem the voucher until after the new service launches, or unless their current subscription ends.
• Users who are already enrolled in PlayStation Plus and their service then expires prior to the new service launch, they will be able to redeem the voucher and will be enrolled in the original PlayStation Plus service.
Jul 14, 2017
49 posts
28 upvotes
Was able to order. Can't redeem code as I'm already a member, but the Redeem Code page showed that it's a valid 12-month code.

Now... do I buy more to stack later or not? $70 / year for premium at the conversion rate isn't bad at all.
Jul 17, 2016
135 posts
24 upvotes
Calgary, AB
tarushin wrote: What happens if a consumer redeems an existing PS Plus voucher code before the new services is launched?

• Users who are not subscribed to PlayStation Plus can redeem the voucher and will be enrolled in the original PlayStation Plus service.
• Users who are already enrolled in PlayStation Plus will not be able to redeem the voucher until after the new service launches, or unless their current subscription ends.
• Users who are already enrolled in PlayStation Plus and their service then expires prior to the new service launch, they will be able to redeem the voucher and will be enrolled in the original PlayStation Plus service.
Thank you for the info. Finally, I pull the trigger and purchase it from the site. Very simple process. Paid with PayPal and gave my phone number. Received a call asking for my name and address, but I didn't say anything. Just press # to complete the order. A few mins later, got an email with the code and redeemed without any issues. Hope this help.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)