• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2021 7:16 pm
[OP]
Dec 8, 2012
787 posts
454 upvotes
Calgary

PCTravel and cancellation insurance

I’m looking for a vacation package for 10-14 days in October or November. Hopefully, we will all be vaccinated by that time and can come back to travelling as usual.
So, I really like the AIrCanada insurances and $50/person deposit requirements. Let’s say, something goes wrong, and I just risk $150, which they are supposed to refund, but even if they don’t, it’s not $4k or something.
And then I decided to check PCTravel, as I have their insiders membership and world elite MC. I was surprised to see the same packages like 20% cheaper and PC points on top of that! The only downside is they require a full payment, and I don’t see if AirCanada carefree plans are included, even if the package is with AC.
They also have $99 credit for pc insiders and I could not find where it’s applied.
Please correct me if I’m wrong. I just haven’t used PC travel before.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2599 posts
1788 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Dennisrfd wrote: I’m looking for a vacation package for 10-14 days in October or November. Hopefully, we will all be vaccinated by that time and can come back to travelling as usual.
So, I really like the AIrCanada insurances and $50/person deposit requirements. Let’s say, something goes wrong, and I just risk $150, which they are supposed to refund, but even if they don’t, it’s not $4k or something.
And then I decided to check PCTravel, as I have their insiders membership and world elite MC. I was surprised to see the same packages like 20% cheaper and PC points on top of that! The only downside is they require a full payment, and I don’t see if AirCanada carefree plans are included, even if the package is with AC.
They also have $99 credit for pc insiders and I could not find where it’s applied.
Please correct me if I’m wrong. I just haven’t used PC travel before.

PC Travel is just a (reputable) travel agency. Which works in your favour since (as you mention) you can use your PC points/member benefits.

In your case they have to play by “Air Canada Vacations” rules. So any promos and fare rules being offered by Air Canada Vacations will be what PC Travel (has to offer). They can’t make up their own rules- you should still be able to put down a deposit and they have to follow ACV’s rules in terms of how much you would be get back if you chose to cancel (they CANNOT make up their own rules).

Do you have a screenshot of the package you are referring to?
[OP]
Dec 8, 2012
787 posts
454 upvotes
Calgary
my mistake - I accidentally entered a wrong age for my kid, so the price difference was significant. It's the same as everyone has, just extra points on top. And they confirmed, all the promos from the supplier of the service are passed to the client. And it looks like Air Canada had the best conditions compared to WestJet, Sunwing, and whatever else are present on the market