Hot Deals

[PCWorld Software Store] $59.99 Windows 10 Professional (Retail)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2020 10:14 am
[OP]
Jul 2, 2019
68 posts
116 upvotes
dadididit dadidadit

$59.99 Windows 10 Professional (Retail)

Deal Link:
Price:
$59.99
Savings:
77% off
Expiry:
August 31, 2020
Retailer:
PCWorld Software Store
"This offer is for a Microsoft-licensed retail version of Windows 10 Pro, and not an OEM version. If you’re already using Windows 10 Home, you can drop in the product key you purchase for Professional, and your PC will upgrade accordingly.

PCWorld’s partner, Cleverbridge, is able to secure great discounts by going directly to software vendors and publishers, buying licenses in bulk, and then working with safe, secure brands (like PCWorld) to sell the software directly to consumers. Please note this deal is for an unlimited lifetime license for a single PC."
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3562330 ... etail.html
Windows 10 Professional (Retail)
CAD $59.99 (reg. $259.99) save 77%
you can also add an official pre-prepared DVD for CAD $8.95
USD $39.99 (reg. $199.99) save 80%

includes a 1-PC, unlimited lifetime license, full retail code
offer now ends AUGUST.31.2020
https://software.pcworld.com/p36877-win ... ofessional

*ordered three(3) license keys & received it within 5 minutes Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Images
  • INVOICE-1.jpg
  • PCWorld Win10 PRO-2.JPG
  • W10Pro-1.JPG
Last edited by 4Fox1RF on Aug 1st, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
86 replies
Nov 23, 2004
436 posts
636 upvotes
Ontario
I'm surprised that PC World of all places makes their ecommerce website look hardly any different than all those scammy black/grey market Microsoft key selling sites.

That being said, this one does check out as being legitimately tied to PC World and is blogged about themselves: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3562330 ... etail.html
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1666 posts
1352 upvotes
i can download windows 10 for free on the MS site and get a key on ebay for $2. this isn’t a deal
Oct 13, 2019
5 posts
6 upvotes
karnige wrote: i can download windows 10 for free on the MS site and get a key on ebay for $2. this isn’t a deal
How can that be? If MS sells it for 260$ why would there be keys for 2$
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1331 posts
660 upvotes
Surrey
If you have a Windows 7 computer or a key (on the side of the desktop or at the bottom of the laptop), you can use that serial key to install Windows 7 and then upgrade to Windows 10 for free. The whole free upgrade system still works and it's completely legal.
0 tolerance for BS.

If I downvote, chances are it's less about the deal, and more about OP's inability to take criticism and constantly favoring their deal due to their ego.

A fool and his money are soon parted.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41024 posts
6359 upvotes
karnige wrote: i can download windows 10 for free on the MS site and get a key on ebay for $2. this isn’t a deal
I wouldn't trust $2 keys from eBay and from unknown sellers.
Proud to be an Indian.
26930 posts
12433 upvotes
ACanadianOtter wrote: How can that be? If MS sells it for 260$ why would there be keys for 2$
They're pirated keys, usually from selling MSDN.

This (I'm fairly certain) will pass a software audit. Obviously a $2 key won't.
They do work though (mostly). But if you're going to pirate something, why pay for it when KMS can do the same thing for free.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26930 posts
12433 upvotes
Also LOL at OP for buying extended download protection.
Jan 13, 2019
117 posts
160 upvotes
Depends on how you feel about it i guess. Those keys are stolen from OEM copies that don't generally redeem the keys as they are preactivated installations. Selling/buying them means you are in violation of Microsoft's ToS and they could nerf your key at any time. That said, that's very unlikely.

This is the cheapest I have seen a 100% legit standalone windows 10, but haven't really been looking.
Dec 24, 2012
141 posts
171 upvotes
Terrebonne
ACanadianOtter wrote: How can that be? If MS sells it for 260$ why would there be keys for 2$
I'm pretty sure it's institutions buying bulk licenses and selling the extras
Jan 13, 2019
117 posts
160 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: Also LOL at OP for buying extended download protection.
Buying it for the exorbitant price of $0.00?

Edit: I guess he did receive 0 quantity of them so that's a fair price.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26930 posts
12433 upvotes
mybadreligon wrote: Depends on how you feel about it i guess. Those keys are stolen from OEM copies that don't generally redeem the keys as they are preactivated installations. Selling/buying them means you are in violation of Microsoft's ToS and
Most are from Dreamspark (or whatever they call it nowadays).
Someone buys an MSDN sub and sells out all the keys associated with it.
they could nerf your key at any time. That said, that's very unlikely.
I've had PLENTY of keys killed in my life.
This is the cheapest I have seen a 100% legit standalone windows 10, but haven't really been looking.
Cheapest I know of.
karldagenais wrote: I'm pretty sure it's institutions buying bulk licenses and selling the extras
Which wouldn't help since this is also against the EULA. Plus a good way to get your "extras" killed.
mybadreligon wrote: Buying it for the exorbitant price of $0.00?

Edit: I guess he did receive 0 quantity of them so that's a fair price.
HOLY CRAP I'M BLIND.
I only looked at the unit cost lol.

Leaving my post up to highlight my stupidity.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1666 posts
1352 upvotes
djemzine wrote: I wouldn't trust $2 keys from eBay and from unknown sellers.
you mean 99% rating who sells thousands of keys? had it 3 years now. zero issues.
Dec 29, 2013
750 posts
432 upvotes
Montr
karnige wrote: you mean 99% rating who sells thousands of keys? had it 3 years now. zero issues.
Yep. Just be a bit careful in selecting seller and you’ll be fine
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2612 posts
2943 upvotes
funny thing i had just downloaded windows 10 pro on a usb key media to install on a new built system, and it says activated after i skipped the enter key now. and it has been a few days. i was able to link it to my microsoft account too.