Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - $59.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2020 10:50 pm
65 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21724 posts
26253 upvotes
Most people are scouring eBay for $3 Windows 10 Professional licenses.

Grey market sales.
[OP]
Apr 8, 2011
363 posts
872 upvotes
Calgary
redflagdealsguy wrote: Most people are scouring eBay for $3 Windows 10 Professional licenses.

Grey market sales.
So not really a good deal is what you're saying lol.

I'm looking a building a new pc, don't know too much a bout this stuff really, other than using it. If I want a good, clean version of Windows 10, what's the best route to go, if no one minds the question in this forum.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1852 posts
523 upvotes
Halton
badbeerbreath wrote: So not really a good deal is what you're saying lol.

I'm looking a building a new pc, don't know too much a bout this stuff really, other than using it. If I want a good, clean version of Windows 10, what's the best route to go, if no one minds the question in this forum.
Search on ebay for Windows 10 Pro license.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1140 posts
925 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I recently built a new computer, used a old version of windows 7 with cracked serial build.

Then just run the windows 10 media creation tool.

When your build is registered with the MS activation servers. You can then install a fresh clean windows 10.

Took like half hour, freebie activated windows 10.
Last edited by sirxterminator on Oct 22nd, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
22761 posts
8866 upvotes
Socially Distanced
badbeerbreath wrote: So not really a good deal is what you're saying lol.

He is trying to talk you into buying grey market.
I have no idea if your link is grey market or fully legitimate.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1115 posts
1435 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
I built a PC a few months ago and used a windows 10 pro key I got off ebay.ca for $1. No problems... key has been working fine.

they have ms office keys too.
May 4, 2006
7 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Can someone DM me a reliable ebay seller? I got burned last time... eBay issued full refund though.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3525 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto
S┼eve wrote: Can someone DM me a reliable ebay seller? I got burned last time... eBay issued full refund though.
would like as well please
Nov 26, 2018
277 posts
281 upvotes
spots01 wrote: Free still available (upgrade only from 7 or 8)
https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/14/2106 ... 10-free-os
I've tried it earlier this year. didn't work for me. i have a legit copy of win7, chose upgrade to win10, put in my win7 serial, got told it's invalid. so i'm still just running win 7 on my media server while my everyday computer is on win10 unregistered.
Jun 15, 2019
276 posts
478 upvotes
Avoid the upgrades - they’re non-transferable. If your mobo dies, the upgrade dies with it.
(Talking from experience)

EDIT: I did not read the article, just the title of the post. I am not talking about the same thing. W10 owners are offered an upgrade in their activation settings menu. "Just pay 50% of what proper W10 pro would cost and get the upgrade"... yeah... they don't mention that it's non-transferrable.
Last edited by rokask on Oct 22nd, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Apr 8, 2011
363 posts
872 upvotes
Calgary
rokask wrote: Avoid the upgrades - they’re non-transferable. If your mobo dies, the upgrade dies with it.
(Talking from experience)
So say no to the eBay license, is what you’re saying? Buy it on disc from a retailer or Microsoft?
Jun 30, 2019
696 posts
2110 upvotes
Grey market keys on ebay are legit, give it a try
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3706 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto, ON
konig1 wrote: I've tried it earlier this year. didn't work for me. i have a legit copy of win7, chose upgrade to win10, put in my win7 serial, got told it's invalid. so i'm still just running win 7 on my media server while my everyday computer is on win10 unregistered.
If you want to activate Windows 10 just download an KMS or KMSPico activator through Torrent and run the application.

I've been activating my windows like this from Windows 7 (these activators works on Win 7/8/10 and Office 2016).

Only thing is you will have to have Windows Defender disabled and make sure to back up the file for the activator as every 180 days windows tends to check for activation hash and sometimes deletes the key. So at that time you will need to re-activate it with the activator program.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Jan 31, 2016
299 posts
154 upvotes
Ontario
redflagdealsguy wrote: Most people are scouring eBay for $3 Windows 10 Professional licenses.

Grey market sales.
sirxterminator wrote: I recently built a new computer, used a old version of windows 7 with cracked serial build.

Then just run the windows 10 media creation tool.

When your build is registered with the MS activation servers. You can then install a fresh clean windows 10.

Too like half hour, freebie activated windows 10.
This is about the deal, not about illegal criminal activities.
Apr 18, 2009
247 posts
90 upvotes
Hamilton
anyone know where I can get a retail version of win7 64bit for reasonable price?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21724 posts
26253 upvotes
lamboman wrote: If you want to activate Windows 10 just download an KMS or KMSPico activator through Torrent and run the application.

I've been activating my windows like this from Windows 7 (these activators works on Win 7/8/10 and Office 2016).

Only thing is you will have to have Windows Defender disabled and make sure to back up the file for the activator as every 180 days windows tends to check for activation hash and sometimes deletes the key. So at that time you will need to re-activate it with the activator program.
Guaranteed not worth the hassle for most people.

The eBay grey market keys live in a zone of ambiguity. My personal view is that direct links are not to be shared, and they should be deleted by moderators if posted.

KMS solutions are too rinky-dink, and will fail if Windows Defender reactivates itself. Hard pass.

The eBay keys are rock solid once you do the phone activation.

Remember folks, no direct links.