5430 upvotes
London

Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra 12/256gb $1067

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Pdaplaza.ca
Pda plaza has the Mi 11 Ultra back on sale for $1067

It is the Chinese version, but you can easily flash global software on all Xiaomi phones if you'd like

The Mi 11 Ultra is probably the best phone on the planet.

Top notch CPU
The best camera array around
Outstanding software
Share:
53 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
36560 posts
22709 upvotes
Center of Universe
Best phone on the planet?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14791 posts
5430 upvotes
London
vkizzle wrote: Best phone on the planet?
Ya pretty much

It is a top 3 in every possible category so probably #1 overall
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3399 posts
1870 upvotes
Does anyone know if that compatibility checker is legit? I'm with freedom just want to be sure hah. Great price otherwise.
Sep 13, 2019
217 posts
370 upvotes
Quebec
I'm not sure pdaplaza would be the best place to buy based on reviews. People would be advised to do their DD before buying from there.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14791 posts
5430 upvotes
London
iVel004 wrote: I'm not sure pdaplaza would be the best place to buy based on reviews. People would be advised to do their DD before buying from there.
They have outstanding reviews

https://www.resellerratings.com/store/PDA_Plaza
Aug 6, 2018
57 posts
109 upvotes
Good deal, dont forget they charge taxes also.
Dec 27, 2009
238 posts
61 upvotes
Hola
Folks please for the love of your money, time and mental health please do not buy from this online business.

Read the horror stories others have endured right on the forum:
pdaplaza-ca-reviews-concerns-2251797/

Your chances of getting ripped off are high.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14791 posts
5430 upvotes
London
moh2010 wrote: Hola
Folks please for the love of your money, time and mental health please do not buy from this online business.

Read the horror stories others have endured right on the forum:
pdaplaza-ca-reviews-concerns-2251797/

Your chances of getting ripped off are high.

Or... Trust recent reviews that almost entirely give.it an outstanding score and not a 3 year old thread on a forum, which statically will always be almost entirely negative for every company ever
Mar 21, 2015
59 posts
182 upvotes
Stittsville, ON
I bought a phone from them, took 45 days to get it.
Jun 17, 2019
126 posts
179 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: Pda plaza has the Mi 11 Ultra back on sale for $1067

It is the Chinese version, but you can easily flash global software on all Xiaomi phones if you'd like

The Mi 11 Ultra is probably the best phone on the planet.

Top notch CPU
The best camera array around
Outstanding software

Outstsanding software? No, Miui is not outstanding by any means. Many other phones have Snapdragon 888. Camera may be decent but its not going to give you results as good as a 13 pro or pixel 6 pro. Also flashing the rom is not going to be easy for everyone. You have to wait to unlock the bootloader, and flash the correct rom and even then you could have problems with banking apps or google pay or brick your phone. It may be easy for people who have done it before but it is by no means easy for a beginner. It is a very good phone but the lack of bands, shitty software and rom flashing headache is not worth it in my opinion. This phone is also as heavy as a brick and its huge, also not stable to hold in hand due to the huge camera/back screen area. The battery life is also only average. Google Assistant will not work when the screen is off as well. This phone is worth $750 max in my opinion and is not the best phone on the planet.
Oct 13, 2018
407 posts
504 upvotes
I believe I was one of the few early buyers in Canada when I got this in April. My two cents here

Pros
- Great Camera , probably one of the best out there ( I think even better than Pixel 6 pro )
- Beautiful display , very smooth user experience and lag free
- Very good Battery life
- Frequent updates
- Has no overheating issue unlike OnePlus 9 pro and other Snapdragon 888 phones
- Did I say Camera is amazing ?

Cons
- Limited network bands so although it works on my Koodo but my LTE reception is subpar and sometimes I have no reception. DOESNT WORK FOR SHAW MOBILE / FREEDOM

- Ungodly heavy. I am used to massive phone but it's been 8 months and I am still not used to weight

- Chinese MIUI is terrible, You would need to unlock the bootloader and flash EU ROM and It works Hundred Points Symbol better after that.

- Fingerprint sensor is not that sensitive. Although improved quite a bit after updates. But I use pattern unlock, so no biggie for me.

I had bought it from mi4canada.com incase someone is wondering
Last edited by TusharN30757 on Dec 2nd, 2021 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3880 posts
3546 upvotes
Toronto
good phone, good price, just the merchant is a bit sketched. probably more reliable to buy from mi4canada
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
2607 posts
403 upvotes
North Vancouver
it's sold for 4819 RMB (968CAD) 2 weeks ago in China, and they shipping 15-25 busi days after ordering (by that time Mi 12 should be launched, Mi 11 Ultra should further drop the price) https://www.smzdm.com/p/42180604/
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14791 posts
5430 upvotes
London
2parks wrote: Outstsanding software? No, Miui is not outstanding by any means. Many other phones have Snapdragon 888. Camera may be decent but its not going to give you results as good as a 13 pro or pixel 6 pro. Also flashing the rom is not going to be easy for everyone. You have to wait to unlock the bootloader, and flash the correct rom and even then you could have problems with banking apps or google pay or brick your phone. It may be easy for people who have done it before but it is by no means easy for a beginner. It is a very good phone but the lack of bands, shitty software and rom flashing headache is not worth it in my opinion. This phone is also as heavy as a brick and its huge, also not stable to hold in hand due to the huge camera/back screen area. The battery life is also only average. Google Assistant will not work when the screen is off as well. This phone is worth $750 max in my opinion and is not the best phone on the planet.
Im going to greatly disagree with you

MIUI is outstanding and is, imo, the best version of Android you can get, and it only gets better.

It is INCREDIBLY easy for a beginner to flash software. It's not possible to flash the wrong version.... But unless you're flashing a xiaomi.eu rom there's really no reason to flash anything anyways. The Chinese rom will be better unless you need Google pay. I've owned the Mi 8/mi 8t/mi mix/mi 9/mi 9t pro/ mi 10/mi 10 ultra/mi 11/ mi 11 pro/Poco f2/Poco f3 and multiple units of most of those and have always found the Chinese software is better than the global software

The camera is ONLY bested by Huawei. It is a better array than the P6 Pro offers (which is even backed by joke sites like dxo that only shoot full auto to allow for phones like the pixel to compete)
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1145 posts
566 upvotes
2parks wrote: Outstsanding software? No, Miui is not outstanding by any means. Many other phones have Snapdragon 888. Camera may be decent but its not going to give you results as good as a 13 pro or pixel 6 pro. Also flashing the rom is not going to be easy for everyone. You have to wait to unlock the bootloader, and flash the correct rom and even then you could have problems with banking apps or google pay or brick your phone. It may be easy for people who have done it before but it is by no means easy for a beginner. It is a very good phone but the lack of bands, shitty software and rom flashing headache is not worth it in my opinion. This phone is also as heavy as a brick and its huge, also not stable to hold in hand due to the huge camera/back screen area. The battery life is also only average. Google Assistant will not work when the screen is off as well. This phone is worth $750 max in my opinion and is not the best phone on the planet.
Pwned!
Feb 21, 2004
129 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Does anyone know if the Mi 12 Ultra will have a screen on the back for the camera like the Mi 11 Ultra?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1161 posts
1507 upvotes
MIUI is awesome, also love the fact that it doesn't have Google Play services on the Chinese specific version. Google needs to go away like Blackberry.
Dec 10, 2012
496 posts
370 upvotes
Vancouver
Poor reputation from PDA makes this deal cold ❄️