110 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

iPhone 12 (64gb, All Colours) - $989+tax+Shipping

Deal Link:
Price:
$989+
Retailer:
PDAPlaza
PDAPlaza has a deal going on for the new iPhone 12 64gb in all colours for $999 + tax + shipping (varies depending on where you're shipping to). However, you can use promo code WELCOME to get an extra $10 off.

In my case, I reside in Toronto and shipping was $24 through Canada Post Xpresspost. The other option is through Purolator which would have been between $32-52 depending on which province you're shipping to.

NOTE: Delivery time can be excrutiatingly long. I've purchased from PDAPlaza a couple times in the past and, as stated on their website, it could take between 15-25 business days for them to SHIP the device.
14 replies
May 28, 2011
706 posts
756 upvotes
Edit:

Past thread with many RFDrs facing delays and having their money stuck with this disreputable company, having to file paypal disputes. Very sketchy. Buyer beware.
pdaplaza-ca-reviews-concerns-2251797/

Uhh is this a trustable site? Seems odd they are discounting a newly released iphone. Wondering if they're gonna bait and switch with some sort of older model.
Last edited by Pratzy on Dec 2nd, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 17, 2019
55 posts
94 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Never shopped from them, are they legit?
😎 Money Saved is Money Earned 😎
Apr 18, 2017
686 posts
1334 upvotes
heartbug18 wrote: Never shopped from them, are they legit?
I believe they are legit. I saw previous threads a while back about them and the comments seemed favourable.

I've never used them myself though.
May 28, 2011
706 posts
756 upvotes
pdaplaza-ca-reviews-concerns-2251797/

Past thread with many RFDrs facing delays and having their money stuck with this disreputable company, having to file paypal disputes. Very sketchy. Buyer beware.
Last edited by Pratzy on Dec 2nd, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2015
104 posts
110 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I was fairly skeptical at first as well and only decided to take a gamble after seeing the OP from this post successfully get his device.

Bought 2 devices in the past year and haven't had any issues with the devices. The shipping time was just longer than I would have liked.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1237 posts
310 upvotes
Agreed, too good to be true.
Mar 23, 2008
119 posts
49 upvotes
STAY FAR FAR AWAY.......Not worth any savings, You will wait and wait till you can't wait anymore. Then you will request an order cancellation and then you wait and wait for your refund. You will get two people responding to you ALEX and GUSTAVO, I believe they are the same person. The final straw was they even sent me a tracking number but the package was never dropped off at CP. Then they said CP lost my order.. STAY FAR FAR AWAY, Pay the difference and buy from someone local. I also believe they are in china, Whenever I received a response to my emails, It was late at night..

STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Peanut2004 on Dec 3rd, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 17, 2018
197 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto, ON
First of all, the name doesn't sound right. It is 2020 now, why they are still using 'PDA'? Is that why they are SLOW when shipping, responding and refunding? lol
Nov 30, 2019
264 posts
270 upvotes
They are legit

But you might not get the device until many months later, by then the 100$ or so savings won’t be worth it as the next generation product will be out! Haha

I would only purchase from them if you are fine with getting your device ~3 months from the time your order is placed

Some people have not received their devices for almost 5-6 months

Just be careful. I voted “bad service” because that’s the truth. Their service is bad, despite the minor savings in price
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3516 posts
2160 upvotes
Kitchener
Yet under their FAQ:
WILL YOUR PHONES SUPPORT 5G IN CANADA?

No, our phones will not support any 5G Canadian carrier. No international/Global phones support 5G in Canada. Only Canadian phones support 5G.

Our phones only support 3G, 4G/LTE for most major Canadian carriers. Please see the description for the supported carriers and network.
This might be something important. I have no idea how Apple makes their phones, and how different phone in different countries work, but if their FAQ is accurate, your 5G iPhone 12 won’t be able to take advantage of 5G technology in Canada. It might explain the discount.
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3516 posts
2160 upvotes
Kitchener
roccerfeller wrote: They are legit

But you might not get the device until many months later, by then the 100$ or so savings won’t be worth it as the next generation product will be out! Haha

I would only purchase from them if you are fine with getting your device ~3 months from the time your order is placed

Some people have not received their devices for almost 5-6 months

Just be careful. I voted “bad service” because that’s the truth. Their service is bad, despite the minor savings in price
Yes, in that case, for all you know, you’re getting a returned phone — and possibly warranty issues. Lots to keep in mind.
Why can't we all just get along?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2773 posts
5483 upvotes
Buying a 12 right in Canada with the intention of using it long term, is a bad idea IMO. Its a beast phone and a great value, but I think its really stupid that we aren't getting MMWave hardware on our phones in Canada.

Sure, we don’t have MMWave tech here yet, but if you intend to keep it for 3+ years, you are probably gonna wish you waited one more gen for what may be the widespread rollout of the hardware.

Mind you, I will probably still buy one, but only for short term use.
Nov 30, 2019
264 posts
270 upvotes
jeff1970 wrote: Yes, in that case, for all you know, you’re getting a returned phone — and possibly warranty issues. Lots to keep in mind.
They are brand new, with fresh warranties, nothing is re-sealed. I suspect they get them right from the suppliers

It’s just you get them for a small discount and then a few months later the next model is out. Plus, you need to double check the model number you are buying - sometimes you don’t get the Canadian model. For iPhones not an issue as apple stores honour warranties around the world. But otherwise its a headache and not worth the time. Overall - Not worth the hassle