Expired Hot Deals

peacocktv.com

Peacock TV free 3 months Premium sub (with ads; vpn needed)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2020 3:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6259 posts
10335 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC

Peacock TV free 3 months Premium sub (with ads; vpn needed)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
peacocktv.com
You can get 3 month's of Peacock's 'premium' service with ads ($4.99/month) by signing up for an account on an android device. I used my Nvidia Shield.
After signing up for a fee account and verifying your account email, they will send another email with a code for the free 3 months and a link to redeem it.
I received the email with the code about 6 hours after I verified my account.
As part of a prelaunch deal struck with Google, those who sign up for Peacock using an Android device will be able to get three months of Peacock Premium service for free. Normally $4.99 per month, Peacock Premium will offer more than 20,000 hours of content, or nearly double the amount that's available for the free, ad-supported tier.
For more info see review of Peacocktv and the plans: https://www.reviews.org/tv-service/nbc-peacock-review/
For supported devices: https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/ ... by-peacock
You need to enter a US address and also payment info - I tried my Cap1 MC and my Stack cc but neither worked so I used Paypal.

Of course, you need a vpn to access this US only streaming service (or a smart dns service which is what I use).

Fine print: By redeeming, you agree to all applicable offer terms. After the completion of your offer, your subscription will auto-renew at $4.99/month unless you cancel. Cancel at any time by visiting My Account.

More fine print - https://www.peacocktv.com/offer-terms/google
Also:
The company's extended free trial will vary depending on when you sign up. Those who sign up between July 15 and Aug. 14 have access to a 90-day free trial but need to redeem their code by Aug. 31.
Those who sign up between Aug. 15 and Sept. 14 will have a 60-day free trial but need to redeem by Sept. 30.
People who sign up between Sept. 15 and Oct. 15 will be able to get a 30-day free trial, but need to redeem their codes by Oct. 31.

Finally to actually have your account closed at Peacock:
If you decide Peacock TV isn’t for you, canceling your account isn’t particularly easy. To switch from a paid plan to the free one, you can do so just from your account settings. This stops payment, but it doesn’t “cancel” your Peacock account.So, how can it be done? You can submit a request to NBC through this form (h/t Justin Duino) to request that your account is terminated. It’s not immediate, but it should close out your account.

Note: After I downgraded my plan to free, it stated "A confirmation email has been sent to [email protected]. You will have access to Peacock Premium until 08/23/2020. It seemed to indicate I would only have 1 month free access.
And when I went back to my account settings, it displays:
So I'm not sure but it looks like I now only have 1 month. So don't cancel until you are in your final free month.
edit: I clicked on the account option to 'restart your plan' and that seems to have restored my 3 month free plan. We'll see...
Last edited by pathfinder35 on Jul 24th, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Thread Summary
11 replies
Dec 30, 2013
233 posts
982 upvotes
Toronto
Just in time for EPL Super Sunday - Peacock will be televising one of the main games
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
10949 posts
20832 upvotes
Thanks pathfinder35

The best way to pay for this is via a bogus PayPal account, using a zero balance gift card. ;)

Problem is, I've had my account for about a week already, and I would never pay for their service... It's just not really good. :(

At least I know if I forget to cancel, I won't get charged down the road.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
21624 posts
33338 upvotes
ONTARIO
Not sure how many Shield users here this would actually affect (it affects me), but the Peacock TV app doesn't work on Nvidia Shields if you've signed up and installed the latest "hotfix" updates from Nvidia. Have to wait til a certified update is pushed out by Nvidia apparently.

Trying to load the app just causes it to instantly crash on both my Nvidia Shield 2015/2017 models.
Dec 22, 2012
682 posts
855 upvotes
Mississauga
would be cool to get premium for EPL. but the season is done this weekend until mid september
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16647 posts
32330 upvotes
Scarborough
IDStorms wrote: Problem is, I've had my account for about a week already, and I would never pay for their service... It's just not really good. :(
I looked at their current lineup and wasn't very impressed. A lot of their content that I might've been interested in isn't out yet.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6259 posts
10335 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
TomRFD wrote: I looked at their current lineup and wasn't very impressed. A lot of their content that I might've been interested in isn't out yet.
Might watch Brave New World. Battlestar Galactica probably won't be until late 2021...not much else...

They have a doc series called In Deep with Ryan Lochte if you can believe it....
Jun 15, 2020
321 posts
387 upvotes
Ontario
Kinda hoping Peacock never launches in Canada, so The Office/Parks and Rec never leave Netflix :P
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6259 posts
10335 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
MrBear2019 wrote: Kinda hoping Peacock never launches in Canada, so The Office/Parks and Rec never leave Netflix :P
It probably will never launch because Corus Canada paid for the rights to Peacock shows... https://www.corusent.com/news/peacock-corus-release/
Peacock shows will just show up on Corus owned channels...

You can dream but Office will be going to Peacock in Jan 2021 and Parks and Rec will move in October 2020.
Jun 15, 2020
321 posts
387 upvotes
Ontario
pathfinder35 wrote: It probably will never launch because Corus Canada paid for the rights to Peacock shows... https://www.corusent.com/news/peacock-corus-release/
Peacock shows will just show up on Corus owned channels...

You can dream but Office will be going to Peacock in Jan 2021 and Parks and Rec will move in October 2020.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but the link you posted is only talking about new Peacock Originals, and doesn't mention any of the older stuff. I also couldn't really find any digital streaming service that Corpus supports, so I'm not sure where they'll even stream the older shows?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6259 posts
10335 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
MrBear2019 wrote: I'm not saying you're wrong, but the link you posted is only talking about new Peacock Originals, and doesn't mention any of the older stuff. I also couldn't really find any digital streaming service that Corpus supports, so I'm not sure where they'll even stream the older shows?
Corus operates Stack TV, available thru Amazon Prime Video - https://globalnews.ca/news/5344114/stac ... me-canada/