542 posts
815 upvotes

Peak Design Bags & Accessories 10 to 20% at Peak Design, Amazon, Henry's, More

Deal Link:
Savings:
10-20% Off
Expiry:
December 2, 2019
Edit: Henry's is having a sale for 20% off a lot of gear everyone else has at only 10% off:

https://www.henrys.com/Search/Peak%20de ... id&start=0

I was also informed that Amazon doesn't charge PST so prices are variable after all is said and done. I live in Alberta so this factor escaped me.

Peak Design is having a sale at peakdesign.com and Amazon. Check both as Amazon has been cheaper for items I've wish listed and you can qualify for free shipping as well. The sale ranges from 10% off travel line bags and accessories, 15% off straps & clips to 20% off their V1 EDC bags, camera bags and slings. Now that doesn't seem like much of a discount and Peak Design gear is fairly expensive, however it rarely goes on sale. Black Friday is the one time of year there is a reliable sale on PD products.

https://www.peakdesign.com/

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=peak+design&r ... s_r_p_85_1

Some posters pointed out that Vistek and Altitude Sports are alternative outlets with the same sale but different inventory (thank you to them). Altitude Sports also apparently has a further 5% discount if you're a member. Check Rakuten for rebates. I personally went through the Aeroplan portal for 5X points at Amazon.

https://www.altitude-sports.com/search/?q=Peak%20design

https://www.vistek.ca/search/?q=peak%20design

While Peak Design is famous for their camera bags, I actually was turned onto them for their travel line, in particular their 45L travel bag and tech pouch.

Edit: If you're buying off Amazon, make sure the vendor is Peak Design. I noticed some items were some other third party vendors. Also, there's no good URL for me to post (not that I know of anyway) everything Peak Design is selling on Amazon.
Images
  • Screenshot_20191125-025340_Chrome.jpg
Last edited by AGTOM83 on Nov 29th, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.
33 replies
Oct 30, 2019
168 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for sharing this! Saw it on their site this morning but amazon would be a better option with Prime and extended holiday return policy.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2950 posts
301 upvotes
Bought the Capture Camera Clip, thanks!
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
[OP]
Feb 4, 2019
542 posts
815 upvotes
I ended up buying the 45L travel bag and the tech pouch. I'm still not sure about the travel bag as it's on the heavy side for a carry-on bag but I'm looking forward to the tech pouch. I've watched more YouTube videos on that thing than I'd care to admit to.

Last edited by AGTOM83 on Nov 25th, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
2231 posts
991 upvotes
Peak just announced V2 of these bags in case people are wondering why.
Jan 30, 2006
574 posts
158 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
Can I do price match with Henry's?
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2882 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
Same prices at Vistek too if anyone needs one sooner
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
5876 posts
1858 upvotes
Toronto
I bought their 35L Duffle along with Packing Cubes for travel and have been extremely pleased. Well thought out products, great quality, and they look sleek -- received a bunch of compliments from folks.

Highly recommend their products.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4405 posts
826 upvotes
Edmonton
I have one of the camera clips on my hiking pack. Tried it on some lengthy hikes and found it better then any other invention I have tried. Stays tight to the chest and does not bounce nor get in the way. Take a second to take out or stow away. I know the ad video capture this but I feel like very few of the people in the ads actually hike. 16kms and only became a bit of a nuisance near the last hour as my pack was out of water and light on the back. I have a 150mm lens that adds an extra couple pounds to the rig.

You can jog a bit with it on but not wise.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
[OP]
Feb 4, 2019
542 posts
815 upvotes
comesource wrote: Can I do price match with Henry's?
They have this policy:

"We Won't Be Beat" Policy
At Henry's we pride ourselves on delivering great value for your money. We are proud of the advice, expertise, selection and pricing we offer our customers day in and day out. If you find a better price in the market give us a chance to see what we can do to make you happy. If you find a lower advertised price on an item from an authorized Canadian retailer at time of purchase we will beat the advertised price by 10% of the difference*"

------------

I'm reading that as you'll not only be able to price match, but also be able to save a few extra dollars by beating the advertised price by 10% of the difference. I'd double check first but it seems doable.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11041 posts
1206 upvotes
GVR
Max_Dealing wrote: I have one of the camera clips on my hiking pack. Tried it on some lengthy hikes and found it better then any other invention I have tried. Stays tight to the chest and does not bounce nor get in the way. Take a second to take out or stow away. I know the ad video capture this but I feel like very few of the people in the ads actually hike. 16kms and only became a bit of a nuisance near the last hour as my pack was out of water and light on the back. I have a 150mm lens that adds an extra couple pounds to the rig.

You can jog a bit with it on but not wise.
The capture clip goes on all my hiking and backpacking trips. Took 5d4+24-70 2.8 mounted on my backpack strap on the West Coast Trail.

I just wish it wasn't so expensive so I could actually have it on each of.my backpacks "permanently"
Dec 10, 2006
917 posts
377 upvotes
Japan
How can they charge $55 for a strap?!
Jan 30, 2006
574 posts
158 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
AGTOM83 wrote: They have this policy:

"We Won't Be Beat" Policy
At Henry's we pride ourselves on delivering great value for your money. We are proud of the advice, expertise, selection and pricing we offer our customers day in and day out. If you find a better price in the market give us a chance to see what we can do to make you happy. If you find a lower advertised price on an item from an authorized Canadian retailer at time of purchase we will beat the advertised price by 10% of the difference*"

------------

I'm reading that as you'll not only be able to price match, but also be able to save a few extra dollars by beating the advertised price by 10% of the difference. I'd double check first but it seems doable.
will try tomorrow , thanks :)
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1212 posts
242 upvotes
rageguy wrote: How can they charge $55 for a strap?!
HOW CAN SHE STRAP???
Jan 26, 2017
129 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver
Called Henrys in Vancouver. Sales rep said they won't usually PM with Amazon, but they will probably have their own deals on Peak Design products starting Friday.
[OP]
Feb 4, 2019
542 posts
815 upvotes
I got my Peak Design tech pouch today and even with my high expectations, this thing still surpassed them. It does take time to set it up the first go to ensure everything is in the right spot to be able to close up nicely (exercise my puzzle solving skills) but I'm very happy. For $72 I should be impressed and fortunately, I am.

The 45L travel bag arrives tomorrow. That I have less hopes for as I'm currently packing for a trip to SE Asia and most of the budget airlines there only allow 7kg carry on allowance. Considering that bag already weighs 2kg without anything in it, I'm at a significant deficit already. I may just end up taking my Osprey Farpoint 40 which only weighs 1.36kg empty but doesn't have near the features.
Jul 28, 2006
691 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have the 45L travel bag and took it for a 5 week trip to Asia. I love it!
[OP]
Feb 4, 2019
542 posts
815 upvotes
TRD604 wrote: I have the 45L travel bag and took it for a 5 week trip to Asia. I love it!
It's a beautiful looking bag. My only concerns are the weight and whether the harness system is supportive enough (I've read complaints that the shoulder straps are too narrow which bite into the shoulder). The one great thing about the Farpoint 40 is the harness is plenty supportive and comfortable, while also stowing away to turn it into a duffel bag for quick transit (I love this feature). The compression straps are great too.

Did you take any flights in and around the area? And if so, did you ever get weight checked? All my flights are with Air Asia and Cebu Pacific. Both have the 7kg carry on limit but from what I've read, most people are able to get around without getting their bags weighed. I'm still going to try to get close to that limit and maybe when I fly, stuff my jacket pockets with some small, heavy items (battery pack, underwater camera).
Nov 30, 2017
20 posts
3 upvotes
I really have nothing to add other than how much I love this company and how great their customer service is. As the person mentioned earlier, although their stuff is up there in price, I still walk away with it exceeding expectations when it comes into my hands. Literally take all of my money. I am so excited they started shipping their tripods! Great find OP. If anyone is doubting whether it is worth the money to get peak design product, just buy it. You will fall in love (and likely into financial instability because of all the other products you will want)