• Jun 15th, 2019 10:11 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1197 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
slomoo wrote:
May 28th, 2019 3:11 pm
I got quoted for $142.80 Daily Park Garage for 8 days in August. Is that cheap? I think if I take 2 taxi trips leaving and coming back, it is still cheaper than that.
Sounds about right, I had done 2 weeks for around $300.
This is really for the convenience, especially if you have young children.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1006 posts
178 upvotes
jasonchewy wrote:
May 28th, 2019 3:34 pm
Sounds about right, I had done 2 weeks for around $300.
This is really for the convenience, especially if you have young children.
"This is really for the convenience, especially if you have young children." --- agree 100%.
Oct 30, 2012
140 posts
64 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
secretalcoholic wrote:
May 26th, 2019 10:09 pm
Did they raise the rates this year?
I noticed that they raised the cancellation fee from $3 (last time I parked there was December 2018) to $20+ and I had to dig into the help files quite a bit to find it. I was just about to make a provisional booking when I decided to check. Glad I did!

For cancellations made more than 24 hours before the booking is due to start:

You may cancel you booking using our online service.
The Greater Toronto Airports authority will refund your prepaid parking charges.
For cancellations made less than 24 hours before the booking is due to start:

Please contact our customer service team on (416) 776-5157 for a refund.

A cancellation fee will apply dependent on the parking option you booked:

$33 fee for Daily Park and Preferred Park bookings
$25 fee for Value Park Garage bookings
$65 fee for Valet Care bookings
$35 for Park and Ride bookings
$20 for Viscount Station and Value Park Lot bookings
$50 for Express Valet bookings.
Jun 4, 2006
521 posts
129 upvotes
GTA
I don't get why folks use Pearson's overpriced parking. There are many other companies that are much cheaper, I personally use https://www.parkforu.com/ and It'll cost me around $70 for the week for valet, this is before I apply a coupon.

If you go to Groupon, you can get it cheaper, but there's $10 fee they tack on: https://www.groupon.com/deals/park-for-u-6

I've personally used them 6 times these last 3 years.
Jul 26, 2018
401 posts
403 upvotes
Canada, eh?
abrahamdick wrote:
May 31st, 2019 4:00 pm
I noticed that they raised the cancellation fee from $3 (last time I parked there was December 2018) to $20+ and I had to dig into the help files quite a bit to find it. I was just about to make a provisional booking when I decided to check. Glad I did!

For cancellations made more than 24 hours before the booking is due to start:

You may cancel you booking using our online service.
The Greater Toronto Airports authority will refund your prepaid parking charges.
For cancellations made less than 24 hours before the booking is due to start:

Please contact our customer service team on (416) 776-5157 for a refund.

A cancellation fee will apply dependent on the parking option you booked:

$33 fee for Daily Park and Preferred Park bookings
$25 fee for Value Park Garage bookings
$65 fee for Valet Care bookings
$35 for Park and Ride bookings
$20 for Viscount Station and Value Park Lot bookings
$50 for Express Valet bookings.
Jeez. Yeah I noticed they increased the daily rates for daily park by a couple of bucks.
Jul 26, 2018
401 posts
403 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Carbooja wrote:
May 31st, 2019 4:15 pm
I don't get why folks use Pearson's overpriced parking. There are many other companies that are much cheaper, I personally use https://www.parkforu.com/ and It'll cost me around $70 for the week for valet, this is before I apply a coupon.

If you go to Groupon, you can get it cheaper, but there's $10 fee they tack on: https://www.groupon.com/deals/park-for-u-6

Convenience, to be honest, and if you can expense it. I fly 80+ flights a year and often times I'm able to just expense the parking, and depending on how many days I'm away during a given week, that amount equals to a round-trip Uber.

The convenience factor is just not having to call another bus to transfer to the lot. Quick in, quick out for me.
Jan 17, 2007
93 posts
21 upvotes
If you want to save money you can try SkyPark. It's about $12/day or $100/month. I've been parking there for years without any problems. The drop-off building needs a reno badly but the shuttle buses are newish and frequent. In my experience, the customer service is very good and the drivers are courteous.
Jun 10, 2016
250 posts
200 upvotes
Oshawa
Carbooja wrote:
May 31st, 2019 4:15 pm

care to share a coupon code Park for u ?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2246 posts
1463 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Used to use Fart and Cry but they really have gone down hill.....

Pre 'book' the stay at self park.
Print the coupon
Use the coupon to upgrade to Valet for +$10
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
2853 posts
2510 upvotes
Mordor
blitzkrieg wrote:
May 26th, 2019 12:17 am
Actually, yours was the repost.
This tread's first post: May 23rd, 2019 12:36 pm
Your thread's first post: May 23rd, 2019 1:44 pm
3rd degree burn
Oct 30, 2012
140 posts
64 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
bjl1830 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 9:45 pm
Actually, from the way I read it, it appears that the $3 booking no longer applies and therefore, as long as you cancel at least 24 hours in advance, you get a full refund. The cancellation fees listed above should only apply if you cancel within 24 hours of your reservation start date/time.

I tried the Value Park Garage as an example for a 8 day period. It quoted me $138 = ($120 + $25 for an extra day) - 5% online booking discount. Historically, there would have been $3 on top of that (which was non-refundable).

Good Point. One could read it either way. The only way to find out is to book and try cancelling.

Now, it just says "The Greater Toronto Airports authority will refund your prepaid parking charges." with regards to bookings cancelled more than 24 hours before the entry time.

Thoughts?
Oct 30, 2012
140 posts
64 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
uberfarben wrote:
May 31st, 2019 9:15 pm
If you want to save money you can try SkyPark. It's about $12/day or $100/month. I've been parking there for years without any problems. The drop-off building needs a reno badly but the shuttle buses are newish and frequent. In my experience, the customer service is very good and the drivers are courteous.
Do they take reservations? I tried Park n' Fly but all I could get was a coupon I can use when leaving. I'd be more comfortable with a reserved spot.
Jan 17, 2007
93 posts
21 upvotes
abrahamdick wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 8:27 am
Do they take reservations? I tried Park n' Fly but all I could get was a coupon I can use when leaving. I'd be more comfortable with a reserved spot.
Yes, the Skypark website allows you to make reservations online.
Jan 17, 2007
93 posts
21 upvotes
uberfarben wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 6:47 pm
Yes, the Skypark website allows you to make reservations online.
I got an email from Skypark for a promo. Check-in between June 1 to June 20 and park for up to 30 days for $79.60 + HST. I couldn't find a coupon on their website so you may have to just mention this promo when you reserve or check-in
May 9, 2019
193 posts
185 upvotes
if you live in Toronto proper, the taxis have flat rate service which is still only $50... x 2 = $100
Unless you are going on short trip, I found the taxi price is better.. You get dropped off in front of your airline.. door to door service, and don't need to worry about your car.

Anyway, convenience with lots of kids is a big one though. Specially if you have a big car, or need to specially order a larger taxi.