• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2019 10:11 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6442 posts
535 upvotes
TO
Question for Pearson parking - and even other like Park-n-Fly:

I know I'm leaving on 24th but I may have to extend my trip by a day or two, in those instances, I suppose the Peason Parking would jack up the daily rates for the extra days and my coupon code would invalid? Has it happened to anyone here where you stay a day extra?

I guess Taxi/Uber has convenience in that factor I guess.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)
PSA: Virgin Atlantic clubhouse at LAX T-2 only open from 5a-10:30a for LoungeKey/PP club members.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
6442 posts
535 upvotes
TO
Carbooja wrote:
May 31st, 2019 4:15 pm
I don't get why folks use Pearson's overpriced parking. There are many other companies that are much cheaper, I personally use https://www.parkforu.com/ and It'll cost me around $70 for the week for valet, this is before I apply a coupon.

If you go to Groupon, you can get it cheaper, but there's $10 fee they tack on: https://www.groupon.com/deals/park-for-u-6

I've personally used them 6 times these last 3 years.
I thought of giving them a try but reading their Google reviews stopped me right there.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC ;)
PSA: Virgin Atlantic clubhouse at LAX T-2 only open from 5a-10:30a for LoungeKey/PP club members.
Jun 4, 2006
521 posts
129 upvotes
GTA
TorontoEh wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 12:32 pm
I thought of giving them a try but reading their Google reviews stopped me right there.
They got 4 stars on Google, and like I said, I used them 6 times myself, out of the 6 times I had 1 time I had to wait 40 mins because a staff member didn't show up, that was on visit 4.
Jul 12, 2005
524 posts
154 upvotes
Peterborough
TorontoEh wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 12:20 pm
Question for Pearson parking - and even other like Park-n-Fly:
I know I'm leaving on 24th but I may have to extend my trip by a day or two, in those instances, I suppose the Peason Parking would jack up the daily rates for the extra days and my coupon code would invalid? Has it happened to anyone here where you stay a day extra?
When I've been unsure on my return date, give or take a day or two, I've just booked the extra days at the outset. If you're using ParkNFly the rate might not change at all. Run the dates and compare. It might be worth and extra $10 or $20 up front to avoid $50 or $60 for unbooked overstays, plus you avoid the stress of unknown parking fees .

Also, make sure to maximize the booking period. The rates seem to be set for every 24-hour period. So if you book the spot to commence at 1pm because your departing flight leaves at 4pm, but your return flight doesn't land until 5pm, then you enter a new 24-period, so may as well book something at the end of the day, like 11:40pm, or even the next day at 12:40pm. Depending on when your return flight is due to arrive you may have just got yourself an extra 10 or 20 hour buffer without paying more money.

Also, remember that if you overbook, you might be able to get some of that back, although I have never tried this myself. Anybody out there who has?

h) Booking Period
If you arrive earlier than your stipulated entry time or leave later than your stipulated exit time and your Vehicle is parked in a Parking Facility for any time outside the Booking Period, you will be charged for that extra time at the rate specified on the Rate Board applicable to the Parking Facility in which you have parked.

If you stay for a shorter period than your Booking Period, you may be entitled to a refund for the time not used. Please contact Customer Service at 416-776-5157 to determine if you qualify.

Terms and Conditions
Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run. Death hates that.