• Feb 11th, 2010 8:48 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 4, 2006
42 posts
32 upvotes

Peg Perego stroller

My wife isn't due until Aug. I want to purchase one of the 2008 Per Perego strollers. I was told they never go on sale, since I am not in a rush does anyone know of an up and coming sale? or where I will get the best deal.

19 replies
Dec 16, 2006
28 posts
I got my peg perego stroller at babiesrus in buffalo. It was around $70 dollars cheaper there. I also ended up getting alot more stuff while I was there. The car seat I ended up getting it as a baby shower gift.
Nov 16, 2003
824 posts
50 upvotes
Calgary
We have a Peg Perego Atlantico stroller. We recently switched to a Valco stroller. We found that because of the small plastic wheels you cannot go for a walk outside if there is any ice or snow. Also after a while the stroller gets a lot harder to fold/unfold. Not sure why.

Just food for thought.
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."
-- Jean Chretien
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7741 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
Look for Najibs' thread in this forum this week. I am pretty sure he was pleased with his purchase at Costco of a Venezia pram/stroller at $350
May 12, 2006
84 posts
3 upvotes
We have the peg Perego P3...what a waste of money!!! We bought it without researching it and mainly bought it because of reputation. After using it, I'm sure that a similar $100 less stroller would be the same.

The wheels are small, near impossible to get through the snow.

Like the previous post states, it does become harder to fold up after time...was going to spray the thing down with silicone lube to see if it helps.

The wheels don't turn as well anymore...I had to spray it with lube a few times.

The seat belt in the stoller is garbage.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1615 posts
410 upvotes
Toronto
We bought an older Controllo pram on Craigslist. The closest model to it today is the Elegante. It has giant white wheels and four point suspension. It is a dream to use.

BTW, strollers need to be treated like bikes. Pegs are made of hollow aluminum tubes but the axles and bolts are made of iron. If you're pushing it through the salty slush, you MUST clean them and lubricate with silicone lubricant. Otherwise they will rust and the parts will become harder to move!!
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $68 150 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp
How I try to make money: Stack Mastercard / Amex Cobalt / GCR / Rakuten / Plastiq / Paymi / Ampli
Jun 24, 2003
398 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Babies R us do have special sometimes (year end), they usually clear out older model, which i dont really care.....
i just got a Peg Perego UNO (2007 model)for $350 (reg $498).
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
358 upvotes
mcv20 wrote: Babies R us do have special sometimes (year end), they usually clear out older model, which i dont really care.....
i just got a Peg Perego UNO (2007 model)for $350 (reg $498).
Did you get from Babies R Us? Which location?
Nov 29, 2006
94 posts
3 upvotes
I bought a red Uno as well in Dec (they were clearing out the 2007 model for the 2008). I got a red one at $450 tax included. Reg price was $498+tax. The Uno is awesome! The only drawback is once you fold it, it's pretty chunky piece to put in your trunk.
Jun 24, 2003
398 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
LoveRFD wrote: Did you get from Babies R Us? Which location?
I believe they have like 6 in total (2007 UNO model)for Ontario (the staff at babies r us are so kind to check all the stocks avaliable for me), there are like 4 Black and 2 Orange.

i pick up the last Orange one in the Newmarket BabiesRus.

B
Nov 18, 2003
295 posts
83 upvotes
Check out Springy's on Barton St. Weird place for a shop (if you know the city) but they do HUGE business with baby strollers etc...
They are negotiable there and will bring down the price if you buy the matching carseat.

Good luck.

c.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
358 upvotes
mcv20 wrote: I believe they have like 6 in total (2007 UNO model)for Ontario (the staff at babies r us are so kind to check all the stocks avaliable for me), there are like 4 Black and 2 Orange.

i pick up the last Orange one in the Newmarket BabiesRus.

B
Thanks, I'll check out my local store this weekend.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16970 posts
5463 upvotes
London
quanta wrote: ...The closest model to it today is the Elegante. It has giant white wheels and four point suspension. It is a dream to use...
The 4 big wheels give a beautiful, smooth ride and it's great in snow
Mar 20, 2006
129 posts
18 upvotes
Winnipeg
I have a Peg Prego and as far as strollers go, they are WELL worth the big $$$$. I LOVE MINE.
Jan 26, 2010
1 posts
Yeah, unfortunately, they tend not to be on sale often due to their high-end nature and popularity.

That said, I know of two basic ways to find a deal on Peg Perego products:

1) Ebay: Kinda obvious, but you can find good deals on new ones, and if you're open to it, find good used items

2) Amazon: You can easily Google "amazon" + "discounts" (try coupons too) -- You will typically find coupons/discount codes for specific products, entire categories of products, or even sale type situations which apply to all products purchased on Amazon.

Good luck!
http://pegperegoinfantcarseat.net/
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
2864 posts
25 upvotes
Watch for 2009's getting cleared out soon. Maybe not all Peg strollers will get discounted, but some should. I picked up a 2008 P3 for $100 off in maybe March last year.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2003
3908 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
Just so everyone's clear. THIS IS A 2 YEAR OLD THREAD.
I'm quite sure the OP bought a stroller by now.
--
There is no happy ending
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2003
1152 posts
96 upvotes
we got our peg skate from kijiji for $475 shipped from a guy in montreal...they go for $650 here plus taxes. Look around you'll find what your looking for. BTW they are well worth the price. We have used our's now for 10 months straight and it still looks and rolls like brand new
Jan 20, 2008
40 posts
superwell wrote: we got our peg skate from kijiji for $475 shipped from a guy in montreal...they go for $650 here plus taxes. Look around you'll find what your looking for. BTW they are well worth the price. We have used our's now for 10 months straight and it still looks and rolls like brand new
we bought a skate about a year ago for my son, but were very dissapointed in it, the problem was when he was lying in it, his head ended up being below the body which probably made it very uncomfortable and I am sure not very safe for him. We bought our stroller from Dearborn and ended up exchanging it for Uppababy vista stroller, I believe it's called, and have been very happy with it since, still use it to this day. Just my 2 cents.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2003
1152 posts
96 upvotes
eddie_g wrote: we bought a skate about a year ago for my son, but were very dissapointed in it, the problem was when he was lying in it, his head ended up being below the body which probably made it very uncomfortable and I am sure not very safe for him. We bought our stroller from Dearborn and ended up exchanging it for Uppababy vista stroller, I believe it's called, and have been very happy with it since, still use it to this day. Just my 2 cents.
I did notice this issue with some of teh strollers. Our doesn't have this issue. I believe it's within the rotating parts that can recline the seat, they are soemtimes loose and cause the bassinet part to be a bit top heavy and slightly slant. It's one problem that it has and like all strollers there is always a flaw...you just have to either like it past it's issue or get another brand to get another issue...like your uppababy, some people have a hell of a time trying to fold the stroller to close it..one side will unlock while the other will not...because of how your unlocking mech. is.....you may not have the issue but the next stroller does.....

Ah...baby stuff...rip off of money..we should be like the old days...carry you baby in a sling all the time :P