Jun 23, 2005
23146 posts
180858 upvotes
GTA

Peloton Bike - $1,895 ($600 off)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Peloton
The original Peloton Bike has had a price cut of $600 and is now $1,895 (only the original Bike and not the Bike+).

What the Bike+ has over the original (so what you are NOT getting with this model on sale):

-larger (24") articulating screen vs 22" fixed on the original
-better speakers (4 vs. 2 on original)
-Apple GymKit Integration
-Auto follow resistance (no manual adjustments required)

Not buying one myself, but might be of interest to some.

Edit: Also turns out that if you bought the bike in the past month prior to this price drop (Jul 27 or later) you are eligible for a $600 refund. (thanks to @mathieurousseau for mentioning it).

https://www.onepeloton.ca/shop/bike
Last edited by toguy on Aug 27th, 2021 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
259 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1210 posts
262 upvotes
Pretty good price, thinking of returning my schwinn for this..
Oct 16, 2006
248 posts
236 upvotes
Waterloo
Don't forget to use someone's referral code! $125 in accessories.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5508 posts
3036 upvotes
West Vancouver
Yeah right...
Nov 21, 2011
226 posts
274 upvotes
Montreal
You gotta pay like 50$ / month for their membership in order to get content on their screen/tablet right ?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2161 posts
1657 upvotes
Canada
acidburn09 wrote: You gotta pay like 50$ / month for their membership in order to get content on their screen/tablet right ?
Correct, locked to their ecosystem…
Mar 3, 2020
173 posts
259 upvotes
Even on sale this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. 1,000 on a solid road bike, 100-500+ on a solid Turbo Trainer, and a sub of $19 per month for Zwift still makes a hell of a lot more sense and you can easily still come out beneath what Peloton is charging. Plus you can always find ways to make this cheaper by going with a cheaper trainer or buying used.

You actually get a piece of equipment you can house in the winter and train on, then use that same equipment in the summer to actually go on legit rides while paying ~30 bucks less per month, which could go into upgrading/tuning parts on the bike you're actively using.
Last edited by skrateboard on Aug 26th, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2004
1309 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Peloton treadmill (Tread) is for sale again, too. don't forget to compare cuz I know some prefer treadmill to bikes. You can also use referral codes on tread to save on accessories.
PM for $125 Code off Peloton Bike
"Life is short, running makes it seem longer."
"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
Dogs aren't our whole lives......they just make our lives whole.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10464 posts
3095 upvotes
i bought the nordictrak s15I and it arrived yesterday, very impressed after one day. these new spin bikes with TVs and live classes are a really neat idea.

i had narrowed it down to peleton and nordictrak, nothing against peleton, but i hear the scenic rides are better on the NT.

I did a 30 minute ride around Chicago today for my beginner ride, was pretty cool. dont knock it till you try it.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10464 posts
3095 upvotes
skrateboard wrote: Even on sale this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. 1,000 on a solid road bike, 100-500+ on a solid Turbo Trainer, and a sub of $19 per month for Zwift still makes a hell of a lot more sense and you can easily still come out beneath what Peloton is charging. Plus you can always find ways to make this cheaper by going with a cheaper trainer or buying used.

You actually get a piece of equipment you can house in the winter and train on, then use that same equipment in the summer to actually go on legit rides while paying ~30 bucks less per month, which could go into upgrading/tuning parts on the bike you're actively using.
everyones situations are different, its not that easy to just go for a ride with family commitments. my kids were tired today, i got off work, did a ride on my spin bike, i could do this because my kids are still in the house and i cant leave them alone and just go for a outside bike ride.
Oct 23, 2012
98 posts
58 upvotes
Mississauga
which is why poster mentioned turbo trainer so you can use it as a stationary bike as well
Dec 24, 2017
279 posts
361 upvotes
Vancouver
I would probably wait for a potential BF sale. With the outlook of more ppl starting to go back to gyms they might have to provide deep incentives to acquire new customers.
Apr 25, 2017
817 posts
730 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Their stock is nearly 10%off today, would probably buy their stock instead.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2003
1170 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
skrateboard wrote: Even on sale this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. 1,000 on a solid road bike, 100-500+ on a solid Turbo Trainer, and a sub of $19 per month for Zwift still makes a hell of a lot more sense and you can easily still come out beneath what Peloton is charging. Plus you can always find ways to make this cheaper by going with a cheaper trainer or buying used.

Peloton is an apple-like product/brand - you are paying to join the cult. Not debating you get a trainer and bike but is not the 'peloton experience'. If what you want is a peloton - there is no better way in. We paid $800 more for ours a few years back and nothing makes my wife happier. Hard to justify the Bike + with this pricing.
Sep 5, 2010
913 posts
335 upvotes
acidburn09 wrote: You gotta pay like 50$ / month for their membership in order to get content on their screen/tablet right ?
So y'all really letting these cats straight rob you guys huh?
Nov 26, 2012
382 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
Peloton is mainly for people, like myself, who want something similar to the soulcycle/spin studio experience but at convenient on-demand times at home. If you understand that my fave instructor is Cody rigsby, you understand I’m not a serious cyclist. I’m not riding a bike outside or doing some sort of biking training or whatever ‘legit rides’ mean, lol.

$600 off is an amazing deal. I personally found it really worthwhile even at the original price. Based on my pre-COVID spin studio expenses, I basically broke even in 8-10 months (not including other family members who now spin too).

My only caution is that some people dislike the peloton as they need the in person class to motivate them. And if your place is small, like a condo, it takes up a lot of room and visual space.
Nov 26, 2008
936 posts
620 upvotes
GTA
I thought I read a thread a while back where people would buy a superior quality spin bike and then use an iPad or tv screen for the class with the monthly subscription to save a few more bucks and come ahead with a better spin bike.

I could be totally wrong but I wanted to chime in.
Aug 26, 2019
356 posts
432 upvotes
The6ix
As always, there is a market for people that buy these things and they will sit around after a couple years use. There is also a market for conventional bikes where you literally can reach the same goals!!!! BUT FOR WAY LESS!
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2587 posts
1088 upvotes
North York
My gf wanted this and I was so against the premium pricing and subscription model but went along with it and now I actually love it. I still think the price and monthly fee is crazy but I lost 30lb in 7 months and feel strong riding outside now too so maybe the price isn't crazy. No regrets here.