Peloton Bike - $1,895 ($600 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2021 5:07 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
10118 posts
3588 upvotes
Toronto Gamblers wrote: I was skeptical but bought the bike+ and love it. Most do NOT use it but for those that do it’s a great investment. The leaderboard is very motivational for me and the bike quality is very very good. It’s actually hard to get on a bike at a hotel after riding the peloton. I still use my road and mountain bike but not for a workout, more now for enjoyment. The peloton has taken over as the fitness regime… just so easy to knock off 20-30 high intensity minutes!
Excellent.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
May 4, 2017
195 posts
340 upvotes
Bought 3. One for my primary house. One for my cottage. And one for my yacht. Also, the price drop will help boost up my Peloton share price for the next earnings quarter.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3136 posts
6402 upvotes
GoldenKnight wrote: Bought 3. One for my primary house. One for my cottage. And one for my yacht. Also, the price drop will help boost up my Peloton share price for the next earnings quarter.
I suggest getting a 4th one for your jet if the budget permits. We have one on ours and its really great on those super long trans Pacific flights.
Jul 29, 2016
296 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
kimwoobingsu wrote: I suggest getting a 4th one for your jet if the budget permits. We have one on ours and its really great on those super long trans Pacific flights.
you mean space is not limited? As I imagine "budget" is no longer a concern..
May 26, 2013
158 posts
217 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
these bikes will be available for $50 on kijiji in about a year or two. '$50 to whoever can take this out of my basement'
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3136 posts
6402 upvotes
lmx116 wrote: you mean space is not limited? As I imagine "budget" is no longer a concern..
Not wanting to assume anything about an individual's financial situation, I tried to read inbetween the lines. Buying one each for your primary house, cottage and yacht tells me that money may be a little tight.

But yes, the lack of size distinction on the term "yacht" means that space may also be an issue.
Dec 29, 2017
726 posts
753 upvotes
arkangil wrote: I was pretty decided on the IC4, plus a tablet, and then a subscription to Peloton, or some other app, but this is making me reconsider.
That’s exactly my setup, I use an iPad and it works great. The only downside about the IC4 is the water bottle holders are in an awkward position when you climb so I put mine on the table beside the bike. There’s no leaderboard but that doesn’t motivate me, I use my heart rate to see how hard I’m working. Make sure you put a note on the Peloton to IC4 resistance conversion. Buy a fan to get some air moving. I pay $12.99 + tax a month and discount it further by buying Apple Store gift cards when they go on sale at Costco $200 for $167 (this sale may not come back though if you can use them for hardware). Paid $999 for the bike. The big downside to Peloton is your locked into their ecosystem and from what I recall you can’t use Apple Fitness or Zwift with it.
Images
  • FEC8A4F0-5B37-4DE9-BECF-B7AF011BA1EC.jpeg
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10454 posts
3088 upvotes
i gotta say after using my nordictrack s15i now for a month, its been really great, i have done 30 workouts, 153 miles in, its been really engaging and fun, for the record i have done 29 scenic rides, and 1 spin class, i didnt like the spin class, but the scenic rides are amazing. i did a whole series in Turkey and New Zealand, the auto incline and decline is a must have after using it for 30 days.

so far i have worked out more in the last 30 days then i have in the last 20 years combined.
Jul 24, 2019
21 posts
20 upvotes
First step was the hardest, which was willing to part with $2k on anything on RFD.
Once the pretty bike showed up I just knew we made the right choice. Started with the beginner class and that was interesting. Got a feel of how the bike works and how to get into the different ranges that they want you in. Only mistake was thinking a n00b could do another class that was live in the same sitting. What a kick in the arse, but well worth it.

Makes the sudden prospect of winter coming not seem as bad as I'll be able to ride indoors.
RFD syndrome is where you spend less per item but buy more stuff with the saved $$
Aug 13, 2020
508 posts
1668 upvotes
Crazypod wrote: First step was the hardest, which was willing to part with $2k on anything on RFD.
Once the pretty bike showed up I just knew we made the right choice. Started with the beginner class and that was interesting. Got a feel of how the bike works and how to get into the different ranges that they want you in. Only mistake was thinking a n00b could do another class that was live in the same sitting. What a kick in the arse, but well worth it.

Makes the sudden prospect of winter coming not seem as bad as I'll be able to ride indoors.
Welcome! I’m 100 rides in and love it
Aug 14, 2016
67 posts
47 upvotes
bostonontario wrote: I thought I read a thread a while back where people would buy a superior quality spin bike and then use an iPad or tv screen for the class with the monthly subscription to save a few more bucks and come ahead with a better spin bike.

I could be totally wrong but I wanted to chime in.
Close but not quite. You'll need a Peloton bike in order to show up on the board. You can follow along, but the Peloton app won't register a non-Peloton power and cadence meter. If that's not a factor, then Echelon Sport bike is a much much cheaper alternative.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2793 posts
697 upvotes
TouchMyBox wrote: Did you all know that if a Peloton bike is outside of your budget, a cheap spin bike plus the peloton digital subscription is pretty good, and if a peloton bike IS in your budget, the peloton bike is pretty neato?

Not trying to be too controversial here.
This is bang on. I am one of the ones with an Echelon (from Walmart) and use the Peloton app. Its been great and I love it.

If I knew what I know now (that I like it, and have kept with it) and were to do it over, at this price, I may splurge on the Peloton. Not having to fiddle with separate apps (echBT & Peloton) and having a larger dedicated display would be worth a bit for me.

No idea if the bike quality is better or just similar, or if the digital fees are more expensive with the bike.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
6823 posts
1369 upvotes
One year after getting my Peloton bike, I've done almost 400 rides and 900 exercises in total. Way safer than going to the gym. Loves it. Just like my massage chair, it's expensive but worth every penny if you really use it all the time.
Jun 15, 2019
399 posts
337 upvotes
golden wrote: One year after getting my Peloton bike, I've done almost 400 rides and 900 exercises in total. Way safer than going to the gym. Loves it. Just like my massage chair, it's expensive but worth every penny if you really use it all the time.
I honestly agree with you if you’re going to use it peloton is great, the classes in itself are amazing. Personally, I would go the bow flex or Schwann way, I ended up doing echelon which I regret.

My main issue with buying a peloton is… if they go bankrupt, then you just have a really expensive bike.

Edit: to clarify, only reason I don’t like the echelon is because I learned I’m not into spinning, I road bike during the summer and echelon customer service is absolutely crap when I had part issues.
Apr 8, 2007
785 posts
277 upvotes
The sole bike that Costco had for a while is also quite good for $899 when it comes back in stock. Comes with a cadence meter and good saddle and a tablet holder.
Any app and tablet / phone and you don't need to spend that kind of money on the peleton gimmick
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
6823 posts
1369 upvotes
Strandednomad wrote: I honestly agree with you if you’re going to use it peloton is great, the classes in itself are amazing. Personally, I would go the bow flex or Schwann way, I ended up doing echelon which I regret.

My main issue with buying a peloton is… if they go bankrupt, then you just have a really expensive bike.

Edit: to clarify, only reason I don’t like the echelon is because I learned I’m not into spinning, I road bike during the summer and echelon customer service is absolutely crap when I had part issues.
I'm not worry about their bankruptcy. They charge $50 per month per bike, so it's not like they don't have a steady stream of revenue. Their stock price may not do well at times, but there are millions of subscribers to keep them going. Their classes are very good or at least I'm still interested in doing it after a year.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4515 posts
411 upvotes
Debating if I want to spend the extra for the + or not?

Peloton did 1.86B in revenue last year. They are losing money, but I highly doubt they're going bankrupt anytime soon.
Nov 4, 2021
10 posts
4 upvotes
Surrey BC
Heard so many good things, but can't justify a $50 a month monthly subscription.
Deal Hunter.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11484 posts
4117 upvotes
You can pick up a used Echelon Sport bike for $400 on Kijiji and put your ipad on it and connect - Echelon is virtually the same.

I know a lot of people buy into the Peloton name (much like a Mercedes I guess) but I've used both and I don't think it's worth the extra $$.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2777 posts
1817 upvotes
I would have bought the Peloton if the screen wasn't completely locked to the peloton app. If they allowed us to use it to watch netflix etc. I would have definitely bought this bike. I ended up getting a Schwinn IC4 and pair it with an iPad which has been great as well.