• Feb 22nd, 2010 1:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2690 posts
951 upvotes

Pentax K-x DSLR w/ 18-55 & 55-300 lens $USD 650

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control ... 673&is=REG

This DSLR has very good reviews, decent high ISO performance and with two lenses 18-55 and 55-300mm at us$649.95 this seems like an amazing price.

The lenses alone would cost us$470 separately, so you're basically getting the camera body for us$180 !!!!
45 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2645 posts
1098 upvotes
mythos1453 wrote: It's a good deal but it's for US :S
b+h ships to canada. pay UPS for delivery, no brokerage, no levis, taxes to UPS when it shows up, and you're done.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2690 posts
951 upvotes
Yes, I've ordered stuff from B&H before. Shipping costs are reasonable, arrives fast and I only paid taxes on delivery (5% in Alberta).
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3352 posts
1995 upvotes
GVRD
I had to pay PST + GST when I ordered from them, but this is still cheaper than Ebay with the instant rebate.

I do wish that the White version of this camera was offered with the package though, although that's combination is basically impossible to get anyhow.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
3814 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
scv wrote: I had to pay PST + GST when I ordered from them, but this is still cheaper than Ebay with the instant rebate.

I do wish that the White version of this camera was offered with the package though, although that's combination is basically impossible to get anyhow.
Argh! I was just talking with my girl about picking up a DSLR. Now I see this thing! RFD is eeeevil!

So is this really a good deal on this camera? Two lenses seems pretty cool. I also wish white was part of the combo deal but black still looks nice.

Which shipping method do I pick if I want to avoid UPS brokerage fees and all? I see UPS Worldwide Expedited and UPS Worldwide Saver.

TIA!
Proud supporter of Tour for Kids and Ride for Karen!

Come chat live with other RFD'ers on IRC! #redflagdeals on EFNet!

Peace!
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3352 posts
1995 upvotes
GVRD
Pro wrote: Argh! I was just talking with my girl about picking up a DSLR. Now I see this thing! RFD is eeeevil!

So is this really a good deal on this camera? Two lenses seems pretty cool. I also wish white was part of the combo deal but black still looks nice.

Which shipping method do I pick if I want to avoid UPS brokerage fees and all? I see UPS Worldwide Expedited and UPS Worldwide Saver.

TIA!
I think either will be fine. I used Expedited with a $130 item through B&H and I was only hit with taxes. UPS Ground is the evil one and they don't even provide that option.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
3814 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
pulled the trigger on this! thanks for posting the deal!

Peace!
Aug 27, 2008
645 posts
169 upvotes
montreal
is $468 a good price for the white one with a 18-55 lens? I want one but I'm on a budget, prefer the look of the white one, and probably will just use that lens for a good while.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
3814 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Metninja wrote: is $468 a good price for the white one with a 18-55 lens? I want one but I'm on a budget, prefer the look of the white one, and probably will just use that lens for a good while.
The White one is really nice. I wanted that one but settled for the black. That seems like a good price though still. If it's CDN dollars then it's really good a price.

Peace!
Aug 27, 2008
645 posts
169 upvotes
montreal
Yeah, that's the one. How hard do credit card companies rape us for buying from us sites?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2424 posts
853 upvotes
mythos1453 wrote: I think he's talking about this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control ... =setQty&Q=

it's a great deal ihmo. You guys were right BHP ships to Canada :D
If you're looking at a K-7, this is a good deal: http://www.abesofmaine.com/item.do?item ... id=PNK72LK

They ship to .ca but be careful NOT to choose UPS Ground as shipping. Also go to the coupon section and you can get $20 off.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
3814 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Metninja wrote: Yeah, that's the one. How hard do credit card companies rape us for buying from us sites?
good question

I bet not as bad as paypal destroys us on currency conversions

Peace!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2690 posts
951 upvotes
Metninja wrote: Yeah, that's the one. How hard do credit card companies rape us for buying from us sites?

It's not bad. Maybe 2-3% off of the official Bank of Canada exchange rate...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2690 posts
951 upvotes
Metninja wrote: is $468 a good price for the white one with a 18-55 lens? I want one but I'm on a budget, prefer the look of the white one, and probably will just use that lens for a good while.
Yes, $468 is a sweet deal if you don't need or already have a tele lens. Pentax K-x is an awesome camera for the price (sorry, I don't own one, but the web is full of positive reviews...).
Deal Guru
Oct 17, 2001
11970 posts
110 upvotes
AARGH. I already ordered from amazon. $469 for the black one. I wanted the white one but they've already shipped. Earlier today the price was $5xx at bhphoto :evil:
Jan 3, 2006
507 posts
44 upvotes
Missisauga
Pulled the trigger..... :cheesygri

Will be my first DSLR, hope it works well
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
3814 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
sfu_lifer wrote: AARGH. I already ordered from amazon. $469 for the black one. I wanted the white one but they've already shipped. Earlier today the price was $5xx at bhphoto :evil:
sucks dude! I guess you could order from bhphoto (pending a price drop) and just return the black one to amazon.
ronli_84 wrote: Pulled the trigger..... :cheesygri

Will be my first DSLR, hope it works well
Same for me! I'm really excited! Looking into some editing programs.

Peace!