• Jul 5th, 2012 10:56 am
Tags:
None
Oct 12, 2005
733 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto

peo exam prep course/material

I'm looking to do some prep studying before taking the PEO exam. anybody has any recommendations as to whether if i should take a prep course or just get some books and study for a month or so? if it's books i shoud get, can you suggest some book titles.

thanks,
dn
4 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2003
3906 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
uh??? how about the books they recommend?
Anyways, I'm a believer that once you read the books and do some past exams, then courses aren't necessary. The books are quite detailed in laying out what you need to know & write.
--
There is no happy ending
Feb 8, 2012
4 posts
Welland
I took the Exps.org course for my PPE exam prep. Also I was able to buy used books from them and then sell them back after, so the course was pretty much free..
Sylvestre wrote: uh??? how about the books they recommend?
Anyways, I'm a believer that once you read the books and do some past exams, then courses aren't necessary. The books are quite detailed in laying out what you need to know & write.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
Right, the hardest part about the PPE isn't necessarily the material but knowing how to write the answers since they barely give you enough time to write everything out in full.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Oct 12, 2005
733 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Let me summarize my experience after having taken the exam. As long as you have sample study problems, you will not fail the exam. And do as many as you can to become more familiar with some of the terminology and case studies.