Shopping Discussion

People selling hand sanitizer on Kijiji

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2020 2:42 pm
Jan 22, 2014
763 posts
577 upvotes

People selling hand sanitizer on Kijiji

Looks like hand sanitizes are sold out in most Toronto stores. If you take a look at Kijiji, there are MANY people who are selling hand sanitizes and masks after they cleaned out the stores.
I'm OK with people buying low and selling high, but this is a new low considering it's the public health we're talking about.
18 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
kirkhammett wrote: Looks like hand sanitizes are sold out in most Toronto stores. If you take a look at Kijiji, there are MANY people who are selling hand sanitizes and masks after they cleaned out the stores.
I'm OK with people buying low and selling high, but this is a new low considering it's the public health we're talking about.
There's no serious public health risk, just media scare, so they're only taking advantage of low knowledge, hysterical people.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Jan 22, 2014
763 posts
577 upvotes
engineered wrote: There's no serious public health risk, just media scare, so they're only taking advantage of low knowledge, hysterical people.
Except for the people who actually need it. You can't find a mask at the Home Depot if you wanna sand a drywall.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9924 posts
7087 upvotes
Mississauga
Unfortunately, there are a lot of bottom feeders in this world...
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
kirkhammett wrote: Except for the people who actually need it. You can't find a mask at the Home Depot if you wanna sand a drywall.
In the old days they would cover their faces with some scarf or cloth, works well for renovations? No panic necessary.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7971 posts
9092 upvotes
Toronto
kirkhammett wrote: If you take a look at Kijiji, there are MANY people who are selling hand sanitizes and masks after they cleaned out the stores.
Scumbags
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
It woukd be karma uf nobody bought their sanitizer then they would be stuck with it for a ling time, let them feel LOSS :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2012
1816 posts
302 upvotes
Pluto
I prefer just regular soap and water. When I use sanitizer I feel like my hands are even dirtier after.
Apr 10, 2019
575 posts
1192 upvotes
Ottawa
Kiraly wrote: Soap and water works better. Plenty of soap still on store shelves.
Don't tell the hoarders....we'll become the world's stinkiest nation in no time.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
3306 posts
3847 upvotes
I handle mail from China all day. I'd really like some hand sanitizer... but there's none to be found. Our office is having it shipped from Alberta since Vancouver has been emptied out. Even commercial supply places are sold out of the bags for dispensers.
Believe it or not most masks and sanitizers aren't being resold, they're being shipped to relatives in China. So I guess it's better to send it into the epicenter than waste it here, but still.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
apnayloags wrote: It woukd be karma uf nobody bought their sanitizer then they would be stuck with it for a ling time, let them feel LOSS :lol:
I wish these people would get run over by a garbage truck because that’s exactly what they are; unadulterated garbage.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1473 posts
1208 upvotes
British Columbia
engineered wrote: There's no serious public health risk, just media scare, so they're only taking advantage of low knowledge, hysterical people.
I disagree. A highly contagious novel virus without a vaccination is not "no serious health risk". Remember the current 25 thousand positive cases are those that are sick enough to go to hospital in order to be tested. One person with it according to multiple scientific papers may infect 2-4 people each. This is exponential growth rate. Our hospitals cannot handle an outbreak.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/02/worl ... wuhan.html

Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19723 posts
28591 upvotes
Vancouver
mikebc wrote: I handle mail from China all day. I'd really like some hand sanitizer... but there's none to be found. Our office is having it shipped from Alberta since Vancouver has been emptied out. Even commercial supply places are sold out of the bags for dispensers.
Believe it or not most masks and sanitizers aren't being resold, they're being shipped to relatives in China. So I guess it's better to send it into the epicenter than waste it here, but still.
1) the virus won't be spreading through the mail, and
2) soap and water works better anyway. You don't need hand sanitizer.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
3306 posts
3847 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: 1) the virus won't be spreading through the mail
That's what they say but it certainly isn't reassuring. People lick envelopes, it takes 5 days to get here. Viruses don't die and some strains can lay dormant for weeks. We just don't know enough yet to say "no it's fine" when precautions are available. Washing hands while out on the street isn't practical.

What really bothers me is the amount of sick people who are home from work that swing open their door to greet me. Aren't you in quarantine? I don't want what you've got regardless of what you're sick with.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3345 posts
1680 upvotes
Lethbridge
The lengths people go to to make a buck are hilarious, lol.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15212 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I just checked Vancouver Craigslist, and there are recent listings for the N95 masks and for hand sanitizer :D .
Sep 5, 2017
500 posts
260 upvotes
It's worth being aware, but not scared... The media is over hyped... Look to legit sources like the cdc... Also where the fatalities are are also not as quickly able to medically intervene from what I've heard... At least so far
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
mrweather wrote: Unfortunately, there are a lot of bottom feeders in this world...
Kijiji needs a reboot.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)