Peoples Trust's e-Savings Account Official Thread - 2.00%

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2023 10:38 am
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2007
1013 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys, I am interested in opening a savings account with people trusts.

Is the savings account similar to the PCF 'no fee' savings account PCF? no transaction fee, no maintenance fee etc?
Rig 1: Coolermaster CM690, X3 720BE unlocked@3.6Ghz, Prolimatech Megahalem, Asus M3A79-T, 2 x 2Gb Mushkin Ascent 1066, TX750W, Intel X25-M 80gb, 2x WD Black 1TB -- Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13892 upvotes
Markham
nirianto wrote: Is the savings account similar to the PCF 'no fee' savings account PCF? no transaction fee, no maintenance fee etc?
u dont get online banking, u dont get atm access. You do get cheques thou (but of cuz, u need to buy them).
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2007
1013 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: u dont get online banking, u dont get atm access. You do get cheques thou (but of cuz, u need to buy them).
I found what im looking for.
http://www.peoplestrust.com/accountFeeSchedule.htm

It says that we only get 5 free transactions. After that, it will be $1.50 each.

Do I get cheques when open an account? Can I use them to link with PCF or do i have to purchase a proper one from ASAP cheques?
Rig 1: Coolermaster CM690, X3 720BE unlocked@3.6Ghz, Prolimatech Megahalem, Asus M3A79-T, 2 x 2Gb Mushkin Ascent 1066, TX750W, Intel X25-M 80gb, 2x WD Black 1TB -- Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13892 upvotes
Markham
nirianto wrote: Do I get cheques when open an account? Can I use them to link with PCF or do i have to purchase a proper one from ASAP cheques?
Yes but they dont have the info pre-printed on them. So they are useless for pcf linking.

Yes u have to buy them preprinted, doesnt have to be ASAP, but they do have the best prices.
May 24, 2007
509 posts
10 upvotes
I was considering using CDF (Canadian Direct Financial), but they only allow 1 free debit per month, and there's no cheque for Savings Account. You have to transfer money in and out from the webpage (with a hold period).

With People's Trust, I can write myself a cheque and deposit it into my unsecured LOC. Then immediately transfer money into my chequing. That is, no hold, essentially.

So I will stick with People's Trust.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2008
3271 posts
81 upvotes
peter_ross wrote: I was considering using CDF (Canadian Direct Financial), but they only allow 1 free debit per month, and there's no cheque for Savings Account. You have to transfer money in and out from the webpage (with a hold period).

With People's Trust, I can write myself a cheque and deposit it into my unsecured LOC. Then immediately transfer money into my chequing. That is, no hold, essentially.

So I will stick with People's Trust.
That is exactly what I do. In fact, I carry a blank Peoples cheque in my wallet just in case I need money. I can just deposit it into my LOC and withdraw the money right away.
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13892 upvotes
Markham
tng11 wrote: That is exactly what I do. In fact, I carry a blank Peoples cheque in my wallet just in case I need money. I can just deposit it into my LOC and withdraw the money right away.
good idea, i m going to start doing that with td :D
Feb 27, 2009
154 posts
Toronto, ON
okay, just recieved the package in the mail. they sent some info and non-preprinted cheques..

whats the easiest way to link my TD or PCF to the account so I can just transfer?

void cheque from my TD/PCF or do i need one from peoples trust?
Sep 28, 2007
928 posts
54 upvotes
asxt wrote: okay, just recieved the package in the mail. they sent some info and non-preprinted cheques..

whats the easiest way to link my TD or PCF to the account so I can just transfer?

void cheque from my TD/PCF or do i need one from peoples trust?
You want to push/pull on which side? PCF? PT?
Feb 27, 2009
154 posts
Toronto, ON
Value Hunter wrote: You want to push/pull on which side? PCF? PT?
transfer from pcf from pcf, since peoples trust doesnt have web access

or td instead of pcf. :)
Sep 28, 2007
928 posts
54 upvotes
asxt wrote: transfer from pcf from pcf, since peoples trust doesnt have web access

or td instead of pcf. :)
You're going to need to get PT cheques with your name, address, etc. preprinted. The blank PT starter cheques aren't going to work for linking with PCF. Don't know about TD.
Feb 27, 2009
154 posts
Toronto, ON
hmm ok, thanks. ill order a few from asap cheques. seems cheapest there
Dec 4, 2007
694 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but since I see you guys talking about cheques I figured I might as well ask my burning question.

I got 100+ cheques from my bank. The "problem" is that they all have my former address printed on them where I no longer reside. Do you think these cheques could still be used, even if to open one of those many savings accounts?

Thanks.
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13892 upvotes
Markham
P1x44r wrote: Don't mean to hijack this thread, but since I see you guys talking about cheques I figured I might as well ask my burning question.

I got 100+ cheques from my bank. The "problem" is that they all have my former address printed on them where I no longer reside. Do you think these cheques could still be used, even if to open one of those many savings accounts?

Thanks.
it has to match the address on your ppls bank account and your current bank account afaik.
Dec 4, 2007
694 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal
angel_wing0 wrote: it has to match the address on your ppls bank account and your current bank account afaik.
Dang, I knew it!

Is it possible to get cheques without your address printed on them?
May 24, 2007
509 posts
10 upvotes
tallshipjoe wrote: For cheques I'd go here for 100 free ones. (as mentioned here)
Do I need to pay for shipping? On their site, it says "FREE Shipping offer applies to Standard Service only.", but below it, there's a chart:

Shipping charge - min: $6.95 or 9.5% of net sale