Expired Hot Deals

Performance health

Disposable Masks - Medical Grade ASTM Level 2. Made in USA. 50 masks for $17.99 plus &9.95 S&H

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2020 11:52 am
[OP]
Aug 26, 2003
338 posts
529 upvotes

Disposable Masks - Medical Grade ASTM Level 2. Made in USA. 50 masks for $17.99 plus &9.95 S&H

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Performance health
Level 2 masks are option B, high filtration masks. $9.95 Shipping and Handling charge for orders up to $90.00

These are Crosstech mask model GCPYE https://www.crosstex.com/procedural-earloop-mask-137

These masks are for those who requires medical grade mask (ASTM Level 2) since majority of masks available are not medical grade and not tested for fluid resistance.
Please only purchase these if you require medical grade masks. Otherwise, reusable or non surgical grade masks are more appropriate for most people.

I bought these in May (back ordered then) and and received them today.

There are several threads about masks but most of them are made in China. These are made in USA.

However, when I showed these to my friend, he said, "Given the US response to Covid-19, I may actually prefer to buy made in China masks."
Images
  • IMG_20200716_173708 - Copy.jpg
Last edited by alli on Jul 16th, 2020 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
38 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1694 posts
1140 upvotes
Toronto
Reading on it and came across, "However, the face mask does not filter or block small particles in the air that may be transmitted by coughs and sneezes."
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1423 posts
3178 upvotes
Dont buy those expecting covid protection.
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1148 posts
1806 upvotes
GTA
The only thing these are good for is robbing the bank.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14551 posts
31264 upvotes
I think a sub forum for medical supplies would be better than hot deals
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11255 posts
4629 upvotes
Being Level 2 these are better than some of the ones being sold at Costco, T and T and other places.
Dec 7, 2007
332 posts
226 upvotes
Now, I am afraid of buying anything from US
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5717 posts
5390 upvotes
Vancouver
alli wrote:
There are several threads about masks but most of them are made in China. These are made in USA.
The reality is, U.S. made quality is crap. They've no experience making this and it shows. How the heck did this mask even pass QC?

Plus, you're buying from the outbreak epicenter.

Stick with a high quality brand like BYD.

Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4419 posts
3744 upvotes
Ontario
Since this is being shitted on where do I buy a proper mask and have it shipped to me by the 24th? Thanks.
---
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7490 posts
4093 upvotes
Toronto
Bleachway wrote: Reading on it and came across, "However, the face mask does not filter or block small particles in the air that may be transmitted by coughs and sneezes."
Sure, but that's not worse than your no name dollar store ones or your cut up tshirt or piece of cloth with elastic ear loops.

Also, wearing a mask isn't so much about preventing you catching the virus, it's to stop those who have it (and maybe you don't even know you have it) from spreading it to others.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7490 posts
4093 upvotes
Toronto
kanechart wrote: Since this is being shitted on where do I buy a proper mask and have it shipped to me by the 24th? Thanks.
People here are stupid, don't listen to them. This is absolutely better than all the other disposable masks posted or dollar store masks or cut up tshirts...

Is it amazing and better than n95? No! Is it better than some no name disposable masks posted on rfd? Absolutely.

Notice how everyone is shitting on it for some reason, yet there's no suggestion of something better (at a similar price point)

Also notice that this is sold out for now anyways.
Last edited by fightbriz on Jul 16th, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7490 posts
4093 upvotes
Toronto
Spinner wrote: The reality is, U.S. made quality is crap. They've no experience making this and it shows. How the heck did this mask even pass QC?

Plus, you're buying from the outbreak epicenter.

Stick with a high quality brand like BYD.

What are you circling?
Nov 10, 2013
258 posts
225 upvotes
few months ago this would be a hit item and oos in nano seconds, now people bitch about quality lol
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11255 posts
4629 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: People here are stupid, don't listen to them. This is absolutely better than all the other disposable masks posted or dollar store masks or cut up tshirts...

Is it amazing and better than n95? No! Is it better than some no name disposable masks posted on rfd? Absolutely.

Notice how everyone is shitting on it for some reason, yet there's no suggestion of something better (at a similar price point)

Exactly, some of the comments here are from clueless folks.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5717 posts
5390 upvotes
Vancouver
fightbriz wrote: What are you circling?
The unevenness of the mask between left and right. If you try to wear the yellow mask, you'll notice poor coverage (big gap) on your left cheek.

Compare to what it should look like:

Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7490 posts
4093 upvotes
Toronto
Spinner wrote: The unevenness of the mask between left and right. If you try to wear the yellow mask, you'll notice poor coverage (big gap) on your left cheek.

Compare to what it should look like:

Lol people wear masks on their chins among other people and not even when they're eating or drinking... I don't think THIS is the problem that there's more dots on the left side than the right side lol
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9102 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto
alli wrote: Level 2 masks are option B, high filtration masks. $9.95 Shipping and Handling charge for orders up to $90.00

These masks are for those who requires medical grade mask (ASTM Level 2) since majority of masks available are not medical grade and not tested for fluid resistance.
Please only purchase these if you require medical grade masks. Otherwise, reusable or non surgical grade masks are more appropriate for most people.

I bought these in May (back ordered then) and and received them today.

However, when I showed these to my friend, he said, "Given the US response to Covid-19, I may actually prefer to buy made in China masks."
Do you have more high res pictures of the box? Curious about the specifications.
Koodo Mobile | $30 20gb plan

what's your plan?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5717 posts
5390 upvotes
Vancouver
fightbriz wrote: Lol people wear masks on their chins among other people and not even when they're eating or drinking... I don't think THIS is the problem that there's more dots on the left side than the right side lol
The people looking for high quality masks will notice. Anyone who has worn a quality mask will notice. If you're paying $30 for a box in July 2020, you should notice. The factory manager should have noticed. The fact this "Made in USA" product has this obvious defect makes you wonder what else is missing.

The accordion material should go the edge, like the BYD, for best fit. The dotted material isn't flexible, you want to minimize that.
Mar 21, 2009
248 posts
94 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
fightbriz wrote: People here are stupid, don't listen to them. This is absolutely better than all the other disposable masks posted or dollar store masks or cut up tshirts...

These are ASTM Level 2 masks - has very good BFE and PFE filtration that is what exactly hospitals are using.

Edit: BYD masks listed they are ASTM level 2 approved also.
Last edited by KingC on Jul 16th, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.