• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2018 12:00 am
Tags:
May 3, 2010
443 posts
558 upvotes
Oakville

Permit drawings

Anyone kind enough to provide a referral for someone who can do a deck drawing for a Permit in Richmond Hill?

We don't need a BCIN just a drawing to get a Permit

Thank you in advance
11 replies
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1254 posts
937 upvotes
Belleville
Depending on your knowledge you could do it yourself. I just put in the drawings for my deck. All hand done which I copied off the Home Depot web designer. Some of the towns in ontario have pretty good packages to help you along with the process.

My deck is 26' x 18' for instance. Required two rows of posts.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2002
4235 posts
880 upvotes
Ottawa
Do you have rough drawings that you need drawn up nice and pretty, or do you need somebody to come to site and take measurements?
May 3, 2010
443 posts
558 upvotes
Oakville
MacGyver wrote: Do you have rough drawings that you need drawn up nice and pretty, or do you need somebody to come to site and take measurements?
We have the measurements

It just needs to be done up with the specs for Code and by law
May 3, 2010
443 posts
558 upvotes
Oakville
FlashFyre wrote: Depending on your knowledge you could do it yourself. I just put in the drawings for my deck. All hand done which I copied off the Home Depot web designer. Some of the towns in ontario have pretty good packages to help you along with the process.

My deck is 26' x 18' for instance. Required two rows of posts.
This isn't an option for us
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12694 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
I called around for this in 2008 when I did my deck and the costs were $1000-1500 for JUST DRAWINGS. I did it myself. Town told me their expectation from pros was higher than from homeowners.

If you are doing this yourself, shouldn't you know code already???
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2011
1535 posts
1256 upvotes
Hamilton
" If someone other than the homeowner draws the plan they require BCIN #. "

And if nobody knows someone other than the homeowner drew up the plans, then nobody cares...
May 3, 2010
443 posts
558 upvotes
Oakville
luckystrike1 wrote: " If someone other than the homeowner draws the plan they require BCIN #. "

And if nobody knows someone other than the homeowner drew up the plans, then nobody cares...
Yes agreed that's where I was heading

Someone who would do the drawing minus the BCIN and I'd submit

Managed to find a few ppl

If you don't need the number it'll cost anywhere from $300 to $500 tops

Anyone who'd charge more is ripping you off
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1290 posts
720 upvotes
Richmond Hill
resurrecting old post, but I am looking for somebody to do deck drawing to get permit. I've read posts where some people used HomeDepot drawings / copying from their drawings.. how did that work out?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2896 posts
2234 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
Have you tried any of the free software at HD or Lowes:

https://www.lowes.ca/articles/deck-designer_a834.html
#1 - “Don’t irritate old people. The older they get, the less “Life in prison” is a deterrent."
#2 - Are you a Sexual Intellect? /S - What you post in this thread may determine that.