Persona 5 - April 4th, 2017 - PS3 & PS4

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2017 10:30 am
[OP]
Jul 28, 2010
893 posts
572 upvotes

Persona 5 - April 4th, 2017 - PS3 & PS4

A release date has finally been announced at the PS Blog! Valentine's Day 2017. The Premium Edition and the pre-order steelbook have also been revealed (both PS4 only).

ImageImageImage

John Hardin of Atlus has confirmed that new footage will be shown at E3, get hype!
Last edited by Jotamide on Jun 7th, 2016 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
70 replies
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
991 upvotes
Vaughan
I could never get into Persona 4 Golden on the Vita.

Maybe I'll try again with this.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2275 posts
694 upvotes
I'll wait for this year's E3 promo to preorder Persona 5 for PS4. I still have one for PS3 preordered from years ago for 39.99 that I'm debating if I should get PS4 instead.
PSN: Sakaban
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
991 upvotes
Vaughan
Sakaban wrote: I'll wait for this year's E3 promo to preorder Persona 5 for PS4. I still have one for PS3 preordered from years ago for 39.99 that I'm debating if I should get PS4 instead.
Hope you're not ordering from Best Buy - it was just announced, it's reward points instead of a discount.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2275 posts
694 upvotes
squadz wrote: Hope you're not ordering from Best Buy - it was just announced, it's reward points instead of a discount.
ewww. really?

I usually order from Amazon as they are pretty good with honoring the promo + price drops if any down the road as well.
PSN: Sakaban
Jun 9, 2013
402 posts
329 upvotes
Surrey
confirmed no dual audio. pr guy bullshiter said hes been pushing japanese voice dlc since 2013 to no avail. chances for japanese voice dlc is slim.

i am done with atlus usa. people have been asking for this forever. everyone else including namco, sqex, nis, and including their parent company sega etc are all doing it, and they still refuse to do it for some bs reason. it looks to me that they have some a-holes in their usa branch with hidden bs agenda against dual audio.

I have been buying their english dub game day one on 3ds because there is HANS where japanese voice is possible. right now i am seriously debating to just pirate their smtiv ap and eo V now just to stop supporting them. idc anymore, i am done supporting them unless they have dual audio.

looks like odin sphere might be the last atlus usa game i buy unless they cut the bs.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
2477 posts
4217 upvotes
Toronto
Will be getting the PS4 collector box....

Don't care about the voices as long as the gameplay and story is there.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8721 posts
3087 upvotes
I prefer all games released over here to have English voiceovers. I never use the Japanese voices personally since I do not speak or understand it without English subtitles.

For some odd reason Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator only has Japanese voices whereas the previous revision of that fighting game had English voice acting. I am somewhat annoyed that
the new revision of Guilty Gear only has Japanese voice acting throughout.

kjc123 wrote: confirmed no dual audio. pr guy bullshiter said hes been pushing japanese voice dlc since 2013 to no avail. chances for japanese voice dlc is slim.

i am done with atlus usa. people have been asking for this forever. everyone else including namco, sqex, nis, and including their parent company sega etc are all doing it, and they still refuse to do it for some bs reason. it looks to me that they have some a-holes in their usa branch with hidden bs agenda against dual audio.

I have been buying their english dub game day one on 3ds because there is HANS where japanese voice is possible. right now i am seriously debating to just pirate their smtiv ap and eo V now just to stop supporting them. idc anymore, i am done supporting them unless they have dual audio.

looks like odin sphere might be the last atlus usa game i buy unless they cut the bs.
Persona 3 and Persona 4 had really good English voice acting.
[OP]
Jul 28, 2010
893 posts
572 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: For some odd reason Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator only has Japanese voices whereas the previous revision of that fighting game had English voice acting. I am somewhat annoyed that the new revision of Guilty Gear only has Japanese voice acting throughout.
Aksys has confirmed that the reason on why that happened is simply because XrdR's story mode wasn't finished on release. So, it would have been inconvenient to dub one half of the story mode and then call the VAs later on to dub the other half.

If you bought the game recently, you probably noticed that there was a 2 GB day 1 patch. The patch adds the ending of the story mode, but since in NA it is available on release no one will notice. Aksys keeps saying that they have a surprise for NA fans that is not the free DLC characters. So I have the faint hope that they will add the full dub in a patch.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8721 posts
3087 upvotes
I have Amazon Prime but it still has not shipped so I don't have a hands-on impression yet.

I was reading into the new details and the omission of English voice acting entirely for Guilty Gear Revelator is puzzling because it is a fighting game that only adds a few characters over
the previous version. Aksys could have at least kept the English voices for all of the characters from Xrd Sign at least since they had them in the prior revision.
Jotamide wrote: Aksys has confirmed that the reason on why that happened is simply because XrdR's story mode wasn't finished on release. So, it would have been inconvenient to dub one half of the story mode and then call the VAs later on to dub the other half.

If you bought the game recently, you probably noticed that there was a 2 GB day 1 patch. The patch adds the ending of the story mode, but since in NA it is available on release no one will notice. Aksys keeps saying that they have a surprise for NA fans that is not the free DLC characters. So I have the faint hope that they will add the full dub in a patch.
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
777 upvotes
Did SE pay off Atlus to postpone it to next year so it wont go heads to heads for ff15 release?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8721 posts
3087 upvotes
The Japanese version of Persona 5 is still releasing 15 days before Final Fantasy XV.
(Sept 15th, Sept 30th, of this year respectively)
TheRed wrote: Did SE pay off Atlus to postpone it to next year so it wont go heads to heads for ff15 release?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1913 posts
598 upvotes
Toronto
I never played a Persona game before, but I am intrigued by the hype.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
513 upvotes
GVR
heywhatsmyname wrote: I never played a Persona game before, but I am intrigued by the hype.
Persona 4 Golden might be the best JRPG released in the past 10 years or so. Even so, there is a fair bit of cringy moments in there, and while the plot is solid, the writing isn't great.

I'd recommend ignoring the hype, JRPG & Persona fans can go a bit overboard.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)