PC & Video Games

Persona 5 - April 4th, 2017 - PS3 & PS4

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2017 10:30 am
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8863 posts
3202 upvotes
Bryson wrote: Persona 5 has sold 1.5 million copies already. Ya I'd call that a success. That puts nier, nioh, and now P5 at over 1 million.

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/persona-5-wo ... -5-million

At least polygon had the decency to still give the game a 9.0. Digital trends actually gave the game a 7.0 because you can't play as a female. Is this a joke ?
You can control the female party members in battles. Just not for everyday story purposes because it is supposed to be
a story that is centered around the main Protagonist.

The previous Persona game, Persona 4 did cover issues. There is a female character in persona 4 that dressed like a man and pretended to be a man
because she thought that she would not be taken seriously in her profession if she was a woman (as a young Police detective).

I think SJWs have gone too far with their complaints about video game choices or the lack thereof.
At this rate, they'll be complaining that there is no player option to make Kratos (God of War) or Geralt (The Witcher) gay in the next games.
Although The Witcher series has concluded with The Witcher 3. The most recent complaint from SJWs is about how the transgender
character is portrayed in Mass Effect Andromeda; they think he or she is not represented well enough:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... esentation

As for reviews, sometimes reviewers will give good games low scores for increased attention or to push a social or other agenda.
One of the top game Youtubers, Jim Sterling aka Jimquisition, gave Zelda Breath of the Wild a 7 out of 10 too because Nintendo
always puts up content ID claims on any videos of their games uploaded to youtube. Meaning he could not earn money
from doing a video review of Zelda if he set the video to monetize.

(Bioware on Mass Affect Andromeda - AGAIN): This is what happens when a game company tries to pander to all demographics.

twitter.com/bioware/status/849671752192077828

Last edited by XFactor11 on Apr 6th, 2017 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3555 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
Bryson wrote: Persona 5 has sold 1.5 million copies already. Ya I'd call that a success. That puts nier, nioh, and now P5 at over 1 million.

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/persona-5-wo ... -5-million

At least polygon had the decency to still give the game a 9.0. Digital trends actually gave the game a 7.0 because you can't play as a female. Is this a joke ?
I'm seeing this as a trend as some reviewers give low scores on high rating games so they can create a controversy for publicity.

Personally, this game is amazing. Just wish it was on Vita.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
2357 posts
1985 upvotes
Canada
Need to be on ipad or switch...
To the moon
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8863 posts
3202 upvotes
iPad tends to never receive ports of any big budget console games.
Things like Candy Crush Saga, Clash of Clans, Flappy or Angry Birds, Pokemon Go (boring compared to actual Pokemon games on 3DS) are what iPad games are good for.

Even other big name franchises like Mortal Kombat X, or Lara Croft GO are drastically diminished to dull tap-the-screen fests or puzzle games on mobile.

Murder, rape or sexual assault are just some of the issues touched upon in Persona 5 so the iPad/iOS casual audience is not really the group
to sell hardcore M-Rated games to.
Redsanta wrote: Need to be on ipad or switch...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8863 posts
3202 upvotes
I posted this in the topic about game recommendations but:

I would recommend Persona 5.

It involves being social, going to school, choosing who you associate with
and relationship building by day, and superhero type activities in your spare time.

It does have some supernatural elements whereby you visit
extremely distorted worlds manifested inside of peoples' minds.
The caveat is that the manifested worlds are tangible and do have parallels with what is actually
happening in the real world to an extent.

Sort of like the movie Inception, if your characters die in another person's pshychological version of
how they view themselves in the real world, they die for real.

The game and story implements psychology.

There are side activities like answering hard quiz questions for a chance to increase your
knowledge, and social standing, etc.

Your dialog choices also affects relationship progress.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8863 posts
3202 upvotes
Easy Allies' review for Persona 5.

They gave it 5 out of 5 stars, which is only the 3rd game they have ever given a 5 star score to so far.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8863 posts
3202 upvotes
Persona 5 is my 2017 favourite game of the year so far as well. Zelda is 2nd.
Both are amazing games and among the top must play games.

Digital Foundry compares Persona 5 on PS4 versus PS3:

No PS4 Pro patch for Persona 5 because the Japanese version was completed before the release of the PS4 Pro
therefore completed before PS4 Pro support was mandatory.

PS4: 1080p, 30 fps locked. Higher quality videos as well.
PS3: 720p native resolution. Screen tearing and framerate drops. Variable framerate 26-30 fps.

Jan 29, 2013
746 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Bringing this back from the dead as I'm just wrapping up the last bit of P5. It was my first Persona game, and I gotta say, great fun, great game. I'm not sure I would agree with all the 5/5 reviews though. The two things that stood out for me that I did not enjoy:
- certain sections of the game that are extremely heavy handed and drawn out with the story. There were some instances where you spend 20+ minutes doing nothing but advancing dialogue over several in-game days
- By the 6th palace, I was starting to get tired of the repetitiveness of the palaces. Going to Mementos in December was refreshing, at least some new puzzles, etc.

Also, I wanted to murder Ryuji, I found him very aggravating.