Automotive

The personal Ajusto program, what kind of driving habits lead to 25% insurance off?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2020 1:16 pm
[OP]
May 1, 2012
112 posts
11 upvotes
Markham

The personal Ajusto program, what kind of driving habits lead to 25% insurance off?

The personal a sub of Desjardins offers an app Ajusto which monitors you driving habits and collect user data. after average 5 months, users might get up to 25% off on insurance premium.
Anyone in this kind of programs, and wondering what kind of good driving practice are good to help get good scores ?

Thanks
126 replies
Dec 16, 2008
926 posts
379 upvotes
Richmond Hill
No rapid acceleration, stopping and no speeding.

Exact numbers are not known yet i think.
Jun 25, 2016
89 posts
41 upvotes
If it's the same terms as automerit from belairdirect then it won't be 5 months...that's the minimum evaluation period they say but will be more like 10 months of having to drive with it. And 25% discount not possible under normal conditions but it's easy to beat the system.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3299 posts
604 upvotes
Newbury, ON
I signed my kids up (not by their choice). They monitor acceleration, deceleration, speed limits, time of day (wee hours are bad) and if you use your phone while driving.
It gives instant feedback on how your driving habits impact your discount.
Its not hard to get 17%, above 20% is a challenge but make one mistake and boom your score tanks,
Dec 16, 2008
926 posts
379 upvotes
Richmond Hill
How does it know if phone is being used rilles?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3106 posts
404 upvotes
Mississauga
I drive like a grandma I am at like 85% on it better then nothing yet you get scored lower simply for driving on longer trips.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3299 posts
604 upvotes
Newbury, ON
kooroshkabir wrote: How does it know if phone is being used rilles?
I assume it uses sensors to detect hand-type motion or detect finger presses on the screen. Night drives are bad, long drives are bad. You have to drive like grandma and keep grandma hours and short trips.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4051 posts
2998 upvotes
Markham
kooroshkabir wrote: How does it know if phone is being used rilles?
It's an app on the phone. not the old OBD2 dongle.
Dec 16, 2008
926 posts
379 upvotes
Richmond Hill
So you need data as well. I am for it if insurance pays for my data plan at least :)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4051 posts
2998 upvotes
Markham
kooroshkabir wrote: So you need data as well. I am for it if insurance pays for my data plan at least :)
Supposedly it uses about 30mb/month for an average driving with 20k km mileage/year. There is also a wifi mode.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
3299 posts
604 upvotes
Newbury, ON
kooroshkabir wrote: So you need data as well. I am for it if insurance pays for my data plan at least :)
No, my kids only have wifi. So I assume it sends data when it gets a connection but it doesn't have to be a live stream.
Dec 11, 2009
39 posts
8 upvotes
The same way. I accelerate so slowly that all the cars and bicycles are passing me by, and still they charge me with acceleration of high intensity. This thing is ridiculously flawed, I drive so slow, accelerate and turn corner at such turtle pace that cars a honking at me. And still cannot get over 85%, which gives me 19%.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3515 posts
2294 upvotes
GTA
rilles wrote: No, my kids only have wifi. So I assume it sends data when it gets a connection but it doesn't have to be a live stream.
I would look for different dad if I was your kid. Ajusto for my drives with friends and no data for my phone??? No, thanks. It's 2018 right now. Do they need to be in bed by 8PM as well? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
1637 posts
513 upvotes
Alpha Centauri
You're also penalized for driving after 2am.