• Oct 29th, 2021 7:50 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 4, 2007
103 posts
9 upvotes
Markham

pet friendly stores?

Got a kitten that goes everywhere with me, looking for more activities and places to go.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1592 posts
961 upvotes
Windsor, ON area
I have a pet backpack and put my dog in it. She's gone to 3 different paint stores, Home Depot, Canadian Tire with me so far. I think as long as its not a place that sells food, most employees are willing to turn a blind eye, especially if the pet is contained in a pet carrier.

The places that are definitely pet friendly are pet stores.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
2566 posts
1751 upvotes
I think alot of stores are accepting of pets.

I've seen people bring their small dogs inside BestBuy, home depot, etc.

I would be wary bringing them into crowded stores though.
Feb 11, 2009
382 posts
141 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Gardening centres usually welcome pets and it's usually less crowd with outdoor section.
Jun 23, 2005
102 posts
22 upvotes
Pet friendly stores (at least dog friendly) that I know of: some Home Depots, Roots, Marshalls, Winners, Home Sense, Canadian Tire, Mark's Work Wearhouse. All pet stores.

Stores *not* pet friendly and not allowed in: Lowe's, Dollar Store and most others.
Last edited by jassy on Aug 16th, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3816 posts
931 upvotes
Toronto
Holt Renfrew - I have seen many in the cosmetics department.

Callam - as your kitten grows you might rethink taking him/her with you. Our cats weigh 16 lbs. each and would have to be in carriers. Even with dogs such as kittypink has you want to watch how heavy they are. Try carting around a 15 lb. bag of something for a few days and you will understand.
Nov 21, 2017
92 posts
81 upvotes
jassy wrote: Pet friendly stores (at least dog friendly) that I know of: some Home Depots, Roots, Marshalls, Winners, Canadian Tire, Mark's Work Wearhouse. All pet stores.

Stores *not* pet friendly and not allowed in: Lowe's, Dollar Store and most others.
Canadian tire definitely depends on the location/dealer.

They are run independently.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7173 posts
9144 upvotes
The NORTH
Just keep it out of a store that sells food and you should be fine. The problem will always be other shoppers, as most stores have a NO PET unless service animal policy if someone kicks up a stink you will be asked to leave.
Mar 31, 2017
116 posts
72 upvotes
Most shopping malls allow dogs so I would think it would apply to cats as well. I've brought my dogs to both Cadillac Fairview and Oxford properties and none of the stores had issues with them. You just can't walk then on the ground so if security sees you, they will ask you to pick them up. I think it's because they're worried the dogs might do their business on the floor. I usually hold my dogs since they're 5 to 6 lb Yorkie so I'm actually more worried kids or people might step on them by accident. If you keep your cat in a carrier it should be fine.
Jul 25, 2021
85 posts
524 upvotes
Montreal
A bit specific, but my dog (~100lbs) loves getting attention at the Apple store. Also, the cool metal floor during walks in hot summers are quite enjoyable for him.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2009
1592 posts
961 upvotes
Windsor, ON area
Hood_Rep wrote: can you take dog to costco?
Definitely no unless it's a service dog.
Anyplace they sell food is a definite no.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)