Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Petro Canada

Petro Canada-Car Wash Card 20% off!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2017 10:17 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1859 posts
2808 upvotes

[Petro Canada] Petro Canada-Car Wash Card 20% off!!!

Petro Canada's prepaid Wash-and-Go car wash cards loaded with 5 car washes are 20% off until August 7th.

Regular price is $60 and with the 20% discount is $48.

Also, if you register your card online you get 1 FREE car wash automatically loaded to your card, so it's basically 6 car washes for $48 ($8 per wash)

I think it's a hot deal...
30 replies
Jul 13, 2007
177 posts
70 upvotes
Breslau, ON
For a moment I thought this was for the season pass :( Would have been great as I share the card with 5 other people at work.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
Without the discount you would still get the 6th free car wash so doing the math it comes out to $10 per wash instead of the $8 with the 20%. So you are saving $2 but still paying $8.

With the seasons pass if you get 2 more people to split the pass with you, it will end up costing you around $2.50 per wash. This is just slightly more than the price difference from the above math. Don't be fooled into pay $8 when you can pay $2.50.

This method yields a 32% savings and with 30 washes. The only drawback to this method is that you need to force yourself to wash your car every 3 days and manage the account with 2 other people. Still worth it.

Edit: If you split the season pass with 20 people it still comes out to $2.50 per wash. I mentioned three days because I own two cars and so 3 days would be washing each car once every 6 days (almost a week) so it works out. Even for someone owning one car 3 days might be too much but in the winter it helps.
Last edited by OrangeBerry on Jun 27th, 2017 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
Jdelacruz wrote: For a moment I thought this was for the season pass :( Would have been great as I share the card with 5 other people at work.
You're paying $2.50 right now with 5 people, how would you benefit from the OP's deal? You wouldn't.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1859 posts
2808 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote: Without the discount you would still get the 6th free car wash so doing the math it comes out to $10 per wash instead of the $8 with the 20%. So you are saving $2 but still paying $8.

With the seasons pass if you get 2 more people to split the pass with you, it will end up costing you around $2.50 per wash. This is just slightly more than the price difference from the above math. Don't be fooled into pay $8 when you can pay $2.50.

This method yields a 32% savings and with 30 washes. The only drawback to this method is that you need to force yourself to wash your car every 3 days and manage the account with 2 other people. Still worth it.

Edit: If you split the season pass with 20 people it still comes out to $2.50 per wash. I mentioned three days because I own two cars and so 3 days would be washing each car once every 6 days (almost a week) so it works out. Even for someone owning one car 3 days might be too much but in the winter it helps.
Ok that's all fine and dandy but isn't it a bit of a hassle trying to sort out the handling of 1 card amongst 20 people?!
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
my petro has had this deal for at least 5-6 weeks now.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
Bebo123 wrote: Ok that's all fine and dandy but isn't it a bit of a hassle trying to sort out the handling of 1 card amongst 20 people?!
If you work together each one brings it back in the morning so the other one takes it. You just have to chase one person down for it once every 20 days.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2015
1112 posts
1318 upvotes
Toronto
OrangeBerry wrote: If you split the season pass with 20 people it still comes out to $2.50 per wash.
How?
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1859 posts
2808 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote: If you work together each one brings it back in the morning so the other one takes it. You just have to chase one person down for it once every 20 days.
LoL well if you can get it to work then I am extremely impressed.
For me, i can't imagine ever a big group of 20 sharing ONE item for this to ever work smoothly. Maybe sharing with 1 or 2 people but not a team of 20. :)
Oct 3, 2007
440 posts
15 upvotes
Ontario
Do you really need to wash your car so often for those share season pass with a couple people only? Or just having fun with it. :D
Nov 26, 2003
835 posts
1324 upvotes
Toronto
OrangeBerry wrote: You're paying $2.50 right now with 5 people, how would you benefit from the OP's deal? You wouldn't.
Wouldn't the 20% off he thought would apply, be the benefit that he would have gotten if it was applicable to the Season Pass? Provided that his existing Season Pass ended during this promotion.
Nov 26, 2003
835 posts
1324 upvotes
Toronto
Bebo123 wrote: LoL well if you can get it to work then I am extremely impressed.
For me, i can't imagine ever a big group of 20 sharing ONE item for this to ever work smoothly. Maybe sharing with 1 or 2 people but not a team of 20. :)
Shell is actually pretty brilliant, they have an app for this instead of a actual card. So pretty much nothing to pass around but the designated person would just go and scan the code on their app.

I haven't tried their car wash but that's another debate.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17117 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
OrangeBerry wrote: You're paying $2.50 right now with 5 people, how would you benefit from the OP's deal? You wouldn't.
you benefit if you have no friends to share the season pass with
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
eternity525 wrote: Shell is actually pretty brilliant, they have an app for this instead of a actual card. So pretty much nothing to pass around but the designated person would just go and scan the code on their app.

We just switched from Petro to Shell and the app is definitely the most convenient feature.
The entire wash sequence is similar to Petro, but it only does one pressure wash pass.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
Bebo123 wrote: LoL well if you can get it to work then I am extremely impressed.
20 people is too many, 3 is good.
MoreYummy wrote: Do you really need to wash your car so often for those share season pass with a couple people only? Or just having fun with it. :D
If you don't share the season pass you are obligated to use the car wash everyday. Do you really need to wash your car everyday?
eternity525 wrote: Wouldn't the 20% off he thought would apply, be the benefit that he would have gotten if it was applicable to the Season Pass? Provided that his existing Season Pass ended during this promotion.
Without the 20%, the season pass is still 31% cheaper than the 20% applied to 5 regular washes.
actng wrote: you benefit if you have no friends to share the season pass with
Like I mentioned above, if you think washing your car everyday is beneficial than all the power to you. You must be doing some dirt rally racing or something.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5217 posts
7141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OrangeBerry wrote: If you work together each one brings it back in the morning so the other one takes it. You just have to chase one person down for it once every 20 days.

Sucks to be the guy who gets his turn to wash the day of a big snow/rain storm, then he's got to wait 20 days before he gets his turn again.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
I don't know the legalities of this but you could always make a "copy" of your car wash card and share it.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1596 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
OrangeBerry wrote: I don't know the legalities of this but you could always make a "copy" of your car wash card and share it.
For science purposes, how would one do this?
Jun 13, 2008
665 posts
760 upvotes
I am using Shell Season Pass shared with others. The app works great. No more dropping off season pass card with each other.
eternity525 wrote: Shell is actually pretty brilliant, they have an app for this instead of a actual card. So pretty much nothing to pass around but the designated person would just go and scan the code on their app.

"The Real RFD'ers would avoid sweating in order to retain moisture in the body so they do not need to purchase water."
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
D168 wrote: For science purposes, how would one do this?
card reader/writer for magnetic cards. eBay sells them for $50.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)