Expired Hot Deals

[Petro Canada] Petro-Canada Mobility Wireless Service - TEXT-A-LOT Plan $15 / month

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2016 11:01 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2114 posts
1380 upvotes

[Petro Canada] Petro-Canada Mobility Wireless Service - TEXT-A-LOT Plan $15 / month

What's included?
  1. Only $15 per month.†
  2. Unlimited Canada wide texting.
  3. 100 Canada wide minutes.
  4. No contract, National Coverage.
† A monthly 911 Recovery Fee of $1.25 will be charged for 911 emergency access
25 replies
Jun 9, 2007
163 posts
16 upvotes
Ottawa
So is the $1.25 fee charged for 911 emergency access or for the possibility of 911 emergency access. They call it a "recovery fee" which could imply that's it's charged after access. But something tells me it's really a $16.25 pre-paid plan.

An alternative of this you may want to consider is the PC Mobile (President's Choice) $15/month pre-paid plan that gives you unlimited international text/video messaging and unlimited local calls to/from other PC Mobile pre-paid numbers. So get one for your kids and pair it up with a pre-paid plan for yourself (there are options besides the $15 one).
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2296 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
rb wrote: Rogers plan for $120 a year and unlimited texting is better imo
Does it have the 100 talk minutes per month like this plan?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2114 posts
1380 upvotes
wprager wrote:So is the $1.25 fee charged for 911 emergency access or for the possibility of 911 emergency access.
The $1.25 is charged every month.
depends on user preferences. $120 gives you unlimited evening + weekend minutes, but only 50 daytime minutes for one year. If you need to talk during the day, this will be a better option. If you can wait until evenings to talk, then the Rogers $120 plan is more suitable.
Viz79 wrote:
Does it have the 100 talk minutes per month like this plan?
It has 50 talk minutes per year to call outside of the unlimited minutes time frame.
Jun 9, 2007
163 posts
16 upvotes
Ottawa
Somehow I missed the $120/year Rogers plan when researching pre-paid plans. That's not bad. You can always supplement with using wifi and an app.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
2956 posts
12685 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
How about caller ID and voicemail? Are they included in the plan?
Rogers Unlimited Province, 7gb $39/month! Thanks RFD!!
Sep 10, 2012
591 posts
359 upvotes
Saskatoon
Just a heads up that a Zoomers rep told me their "double data, double minutes" promo is coming later this month or early October. It's $36 per month but if you sell the phone they give you, it's worth about $150 so the plan is then about $30 per month and gives you 400 minutes daytime Canada, unlimited evenings and weekends Canada wide, 1gb data, unlimited texting and picture and video messaging (international) and free roaming Canada wide when you're outside the Rogers network. Also LTE speeds. Did a ton of research with all the providers and even started out with Petro Can for a few months but switched both my kids over to Zoomers as it is hands down the best bang for buck plan out there imo.
Jul 7, 2003
488 posts
190 upvotes
For all of these cheap text and talk plans from Petro-Can, Rogers, Speakout, PC, etc, when they say text, it is just regular texting and does not include picture texting, right?
Sep 10, 2012
591 posts
359 upvotes
Saskatoon
audiohs wrote: For all of these cheap text and talk plans from Petro-Can, Rogers, Speakout, PC, etc, when they say text, it is just regular texting and does not include picture texting, right?
That's correct and that's why it's not as appealing as it sounds after you start using these kinds of plans. Trust me when I tell you the double Zoomers plan is the best one out there as I thoroughly checked them all out
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2008
1151 posts
1033 upvotes
Northern Ontario
i've been on this plan for i think 4 or 5 months. I think it does its job but.........

my god, the coverage is GOD AWFUL up north here. I heard it was bad, but i never expected it to be THIS bad...
Jul 7, 2003
488 posts
190 upvotes
squint72 wrote:
That's correct and that's why it's not as appealing as it sounds after you start using these kinds of plans. Trust me when I tell you the double Zoomers plan is the best one out there as I thoroughly checked them all out
Thanks. I'm looking for something for my daughter. I want something cheap and for emergencies. She messages a lot with her friends and probably would like to use picture messaging. I agree the Zoomer plan is great (the wife and my in-laws are on one). I think I may just go with the Koodo option and just buy some a minutes package which don't expire.
Sep 10, 2012
591 posts
359 upvotes
Saskatoon
audiohs wrote:
squint72 wrote:
Thanks. I'm looking for something for my daughter. I want something cheap and for emergencies. She messages a lot with her friends and probably would like to use picture messaging. I agree the Zoomer plan is great (the wife and my in-laws are on one). I think I may just go with the Koodo option and just buy some a minutes package which don't expire.
Just make sure the Koodo plan supports picture messaging and you of course will need data too otherwise she will need wifi to picture message. I strongly encourage you to get the Zoomers plan when the promo starts as once you start factoring in the extra coats did of calling, not having data which is pretty much a must I found out for kids, the Zoomer plan is untouchable if you can spend a bit more. I tried two other cheap plans before Zoomef and it was nothing but a headache and the additional costs etc didn't make it so cheap. I then spent a few days checking out every plan (prepaid and contract) with every single provider out there and Zoomer was easily the best value plan that has all the features a teen needs. One of the biggest carriers in my area that 80% of the people I know use charge $65 a month for what you get from Zoomer for $36. In fact, Zoomer plan is better as it is Canada wide calling and this other Carriers $65 plan is only province wide.
May 14, 2011
69 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Koodo prepaid plan includes MMS. Are you sure you need data on your plan to use MMS? I heard MMS is separate from regular data usage so that as long as you don't have data blocked you should still be able to use MMS. Can anyone confirm?
Sep 10, 2012
591 posts
359 upvotes
Saskatoon
rfd45 wrote: Koodo prepaid plan includes MMS. Are you sure you need data on your plan to use MMS? I heard MMS is separate from regular data usage so that as long as you don't have data blocked you should still be able to use MMS. Can anyone confirm?
I'll be curious to know the answer on this one as I thought you always needed data or wifi for any kind of mms