Locked: [Petro Canada] RBC customers Free EV charging at Petro Canada

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2021 11:36 pm
[OP]
Sep 20, 2005
422 posts
129 upvotes

[Petro Canada] RBC customers Free EV charging at Petro Canada

Hi guys, I stumbled across this deal in the RBC offers section in online banking. They are offering 100% credit applied back to the card for all Electric Vehicle charging costs made using your linked RBC credit card. In researching, it looks like fees are $0.33 per minute and the average time for a full charge is 30 minutes using their high capacity units. The link just has a small paragraph at the bottom of the promotion. Here is a paste of the offer from RBC:

Exclusive offer for our Petro-Canada linked clients: Get your EV charging on us!

Exclusive offer for linked clients. Opt in and receive a full refund on all of your electric vehicle charging at Petro-Canada EV locations. Simply opt-in and pay using your Eligible linked RBC Card* until April 30th 2022, and you’ll receive your refund via statement credit. Come experience Canada’s Electric HighwayTM.
Share:
Thread Summary
EV Charging Station Petro Canada Search - https://www.petro-canada.ca/en/personal ... ingStation
281 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20080 posts
7517 upvotes
Toronto
Added the Petro Canada EV Charging search to the thread summary

https://www.petro-canada.ca/en/personal ... ingStation

3100 Ellesmere Road, Scarborough
3733 Highway 7W, R.R. #2, Woodbridge
235 Steeles Avenue East, Milton
175 Cundles Road East, Barrie
3305 Dorchester Road, Dorchester
638 County Road 41, R.R. #6, Napanee
1586 Centennial Drive, Kingston
395 Montee Paiement, Gatineau
etc ... (further)

EV charging station
DC fast (CCS & CHAdeMO)
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3433 posts
3886 upvotes
Electric charging at a gas station!!

Is it happening?
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3433 posts
3886 upvotes
btw, not to side track the deal, but this website shows you where the charging locations are, and there are free ones already.

https://www.chargepoint.com/en-ca/

Edit: This shows the chargepoint affiliated locations, for the bigger list check posts below.
Last edited by PriceHunter on May 2nd, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20080 posts
7517 upvotes
Toronto
PriceHunter wrote: btw, not to side track the deal, but this website shows you where the charging locations are, and there are free ones already.

https://www.chargepoint.com/en-ca/
It's missing some that I know of in my area, including the GTA Petro Canada
RedFlagDeals Addict
Aug 24, 2009
634 posts
238 upvotes
Mississauga
PlugShare is the gold standard of finding charging stations and their status. Or just buy a Tesla and let the car do the work for you. :)
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
20080 posts
7517 upvotes
Toronto
CadillacJack wrote: PlugShare is the gold standard of finding charging stations and their status. Or just buy a Tesla and let the car do the work for you. :)
Ding ding, it found all the secret ones I know of. Much better
RedFlagDeals Addict
Mar 3, 2017
78 posts
40 upvotes
This is mostly just a convenient deal for most EV drivers right now. Tesla's don't use CCS, Chademo adaptor is $580 and limited to 100kw. Non Tesla EV drivers aren't going out of their way to find one of few petro-canada stations to save a couple $$$. However if you live real close to a station and don't mind waiting it's great, or on a road trip you have two options you'll choose the free one
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2749 posts
1975 upvotes
CadillacJack wrote: PlugShare is the gold standard of finding charging stations and their status. Or just buy a Tesla and let the car do the work for you. :)
Not everyone wants a GMC-quality vehicle. There are many other options, and ever more to come. Soon the dodge father will wake up to harsh reality
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
1911 posts
368 upvotes
Mississauga
nice. will be using the one in Barrie once a week now. This will probably save me $10 a week.
Feb 8, 2007
742 posts
166 upvotes
Does this deal work with any rbc credit card. What’s a good card to sign up for this purpose?
Jul 1, 2012
46 posts
31 upvotes
Hamilton
+1. Thank you OP. Now, just waiting for a day when EV will be truly affordable.
Jan 18, 2012
872 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
Great, thanks OP, might come useful. I added the offer. I'll give it a try in the next few days..
Jan 21, 2008
197 posts
218 upvotes
My dream is owning a Tesla and it came close when the Y was released but I'm really worried about range anxiety even living in Toronto.

Of course Covid and mostly staying at home put me off as well.
Jan 21, 2008
197 posts
218 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote: Electric charging at a gas station!!

Is it happening?
I'm pretty surprised myself, maybe it's the sign of things to come and will help relieve some fears of lack of charging stations like range-anxious folks like me.
Dec 15, 2019
520 posts
1578 upvotes
Markham
Thanks OP!,
not close to a station at all but I'm happy for those around one
Great initiative, great job RBC
Apr 18, 2010
400 posts
105 upvotes
Just saw today.

Will try register.

Thanks op.
Last edited by Bold007 on May 2nd, 2021 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 18, 2010
400 posts
105 upvotes
Thanks.

Thought expired to get.
Will give it a try.

Expiry 2022.
Nov 30, 2013
240 posts
253 upvotes
NB
shnukms wrote: I'm pretty surprised myself, maybe it's the sign of things to come and will help relieve some fears of lack of charging stations like range-anxious folks like me.
In the maritimes the Irving "big stops" have EV charging and some of the regulars stations do as well.
I AM NOT A BOOMER, but I wish i was.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35652 posts
21738 upvotes
Center of Universe
PriceHunter wrote: Electric charging at a gas station!!

Is it happening?
Here in Ottawa, CT put up 8 SC right across it's gas bar.
Drivers may not want to sit and wait the 30min or so to top up and may go grab some snacks or shop in-store.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)