Expired Hot Deals

[Petro Canada] Save 3 cents / litre when paying inside (til June 15, limited cities)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2015 11:28 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1284 posts
366 upvotes
Ottawa

[Petro Canada] Save 3 cents / litre when paying inside (til June 15, limited cities)

http://info-petrocanada.ca/PR-16197/PR- ... ent=ON_GTA

Petro Canada has a deal for 3 cents off per litre when paying inside.
Valid for GTA, areas around the GTA, and Ottawa/Gatineau (list of locations in the link)

Not sure if you need a Petro-Points card or not. The email I got says for members, but I don't see anything on the website saying that.

Edit to add:
2 cents + 3 cents discount for PetroPoints MasterCard.
Cannot combine with other discount offers/cards.
Max 100L per transaction.
May have to remind clerk to give you the discount.
83 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4848 posts
3433 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Blah blah blah blah....

Thanks op
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
7647 posts
1288 upvotes
Toronto
For "... CIBC Petro-Points™ MasterCard® holders ..."
Dec 9, 2010
20 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
Jimbobs wrote: For "... CIBC Petro-Points™ MasterCard® holders ..."
"CIBC Petro-Points™ MasterCard® holders can pay in-store at these locations before June 15th and save a total of 5¢ per litre."
So the 3 cents discount still applies to non cardholders!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17091 posts
6913 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks OP. Both of my local Petros are participating.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4848 posts
3433 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
rqiao2 wrote: Not a repost, the link you provided deal has expired on May 11 and the locations were very limited. This is a different deal, thus no report.
My apologies.
Sep 4, 2007
351 posts
162 upvotes
Suggestion to OP: change to title to location based? Got all excited here from Calgary
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1447 posts
295 upvotes
Markham
scholar80 wrote: I got the 3 cents/L discount simply by showing my PetroPoints card (not credit card). Perhaps I was just lucky?
You only need the petropoints card for 3%. You need to use credit card to get the additional 2%.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
1912 posts
238 upvotes
Ottawa
I'll stick to the convenience of not having to go inside the store and lose out on $1 when I go fill up
Dec 19, 2008
745 posts
142 upvotes
Rudy wrote: I'll stick to the convenience of not having to go inside the store and lose out on $1 when I go fill up
my last petro points card stopped working at the pump, so I ordered a new card and had the points transferred. On my first attempt with the new card, it is still not working at the pump. I have confirmed I'm swiping it in the right direction, on the right side, at the proper pace. I had been using my original card successfully for years before I started having issues mid last year. I started to think it was a conspiracy to get people to all pay inside and try to sell us a coffee or car wash that we didn't want, but the fact that you are able to still pay at the pump makes me want to try and order a 3rd card now and hope for the best. :facepalm:
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14583 posts
5542 upvotes
Gatineau
Has anyone yet gone to pump and confirm this deal?

djino
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4350 posts
889 upvotes
Richmond Hill
djino wrote: Has anyone yet gone to pump and confirm this deal?

djino
I can confirm that paying at the pump does not net you the extra 3cents...
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14583 posts
5542 upvotes
Gatineau
enwhyRFD wrote: I can confirm that paying at the pump does not net you the extra 3cents...
Can anyone confirm that paying inside does?

Djino
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3820 posts
768 upvotes
Mississauga
djino wrote: Can anyone confirm that paying inside does?

Djino
Confirmed yesterday.
However, you need to pay attention to the total. It's not automatic so if the cashier didn't pay attention. You'll need to remind him/her to apply the discount.