Hot Deals

[Petro Canada] [Targetted] RBC Avion Visa Infinite Offer for Petro Points Members $570 value

[OP]
Oct 6, 2018
119 posts
86 upvotes

[Petro Canada] [Targetted] RBC Avion Visa Infinite Offer for Petro Points Members $570 value

If you are a Petro Points Rewards Member, you might get an email with an offer for the RBC Avion Visa Infinite card. The welcome bonus is $100 credit at Petro Canada stations, 15K RBC Rewards and first year fee waived. They say a total of $570 value. Not a bad offer if you were eyeing to get this card.

Details from the email

Exclusive offer only for our members, valued at up to $570*.

Apply by May 14th through this email and upon approval, activate your credit card and link to your Petro-Points card within 30 days and get*:
100,000 Petro‑Points ($100 value at Petro‑Canada) + 15,000 RBC Rewards Points (Max value $350 for a short haul flight) + $120 first year annual fee waived.

* RBC credit card applications received through other channels are not eligible for this offer. Additional cardholders are not eligible for this offer. Offer is non‑transferable. Petro‑Points cannot be used for the purchase of tobacco, vaping products, alcohol or alcohol‑related gift cards. Also, not available for milk products in New Brunswick. To be exempt from the annual fee for one year (the "annual fee waiver offer") and to receive 15,000 RBC Rewards points (or "welcome points"), your application must be received by May 14, 2019 and it must be approved by RBC. 15,000 welcome points will appear on your first monthly statement. To receive the additional 100,000 Petro‑Points ("bonus points") you must activate your RBC Avion Infinite Visa card and link your Petro‑Points card within 30 days of approval. Please allow up to 10 weeks for the bonus points to be awarded to your linked Petro‑Points account. Additional cardholder(s), as well as existing RBC Avion Visa Infinite or RBC Avion Visa Platinum, Cathay Pacific‡ Visa Platinum, British Airways‡ Visa Infinite, RBC Rewards Visa Preferred, RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege and RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege for Private Banking cardholders, applying for or transferring to an RBC Avion Visa Infinite card as of the offer eligibility period, are not eligible for this offer. This offer is eligible on the RBC® Avion® Visa Infinite card and the RBC® Avion® Visa‡ Platinum card if you are approved for either through this offer. This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer and may be amended or withdrawn without notice at any time, even after acceptance by you. For complete terms and conditions that apply to the RBC Rewards Program, please visit www.rbcrewards.com or call 1‑800‑769‑2512. You must be enrolled in RBC Online Banking in order to link your RBC Visa Infinite Avion card (”Eligible RBC Card”) to your Petro‑Points card. Card linking may take up to 2 business days to process before savings and bonus points can be applied to purchases. Once linked, your Eligible RBC Card acts as your Petro‑Points card. You no longer have to swipe your Petro‑Points card when you use your linked Eligible RBC Card to pay for qualifying purchases or redeem your Petro‑Points at Petro‑Canada.
Images
  • RBCoffer.jpg
Last edited by Chipppy on Apr 16th, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Jun 15, 2018
93 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
Hey OP, I'd change the title - the offer is not really $570 welcome credit at all.
[OP]
Oct 6, 2018
119 posts
86 upvotes
sirjimitron wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 5:36 pm
Hey OP, I'd change the title - the offer is not really $570 welcome credit at all.
Updated
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1251 posts
570 upvotes
Surrey
Chipppy wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 5:44 pm
Updated
Not really $570 value either since:
A) First year can easily be waived by calling and sometimes if you have $3k/$5k or more in your checking account, the yearly fee get waived anyways.
B) For many, $100 gas station points is okay since it's basically cash if ... IF you go there anyways. With Costco gas stations and US gas stations, that petro points are worth probably $80 (or even $70) for me. Meaning I'll fill up $100 petro points amount of gas for less in US.
C) Those RBC points are good but straight up cash is better. From my experience, price of flights on those points website in not cheap (what I mean is, once I was trying to book a flight and wanted to use my points. The cash in extra fees (on top of the points I was using) I had to pay was close to the price of the whole ticket from different website)

Others may have had different experience and my experience may change as time goes.
0 tolerance for BS.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2006
1183 posts
264 upvotes
Edmonton
But this deal is better than the other 20k points deal?
Oct 12, 2008
785 posts
1283 upvotes
Markham
RBC Avion Visa Infinite has better offers, namely FYF + 25k (often) or 30k (more rare) is better than 15k + petro points.
May 16, 2017
200 posts
71 upvotes
what if u already had this card, i applied for it in early 2018, I dont have it anymore but nothing in the terms says anything about prior use?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3392 posts
775 upvotes
Will the 15k RBC points be added to your current RBC points if you already have an RBc credit card?
Feb 18, 2018
374 posts
541 upvotes
acekiller wrote: But this deal is better than the other 20k points deal?
Got FYF and 25k back in March